Eye of Agamotto

Will Strange use the time stone to reboot the entire MCU?

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/biz/news/disney-fox-sale-talks-comcast-1202628942/
justjared.com/2017/07/06/benedict-cumberbatch-attacked-by-man-in-cgi-suit-for-avengers-infinity-war-scene/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Captain America will use the gauntlet to literally reboot MCU

Actors are getting old. No way they could still be in the films for the next 2 decades

I would fucking love this, just because none of the normies would see it coming and would likely be so fucking pissed that the past ten years of movies they've all spent so much money and time on have all been for nothing now.

Are you pissed, user?

someone explain both theories in this thread, please? time stone and gauntlet to reset what exactly? are we transported back to 2008 when Iron-Man was first coming out and getting a reboot of that? is that how the superhero reboot will happen?

No

They'll probably just reset time back to just before Thanos killed everyone.

wasnt hulk out first before ironman

>"hi dormammu! thanks for picking me up from school today!"

;__;

Feige already said there would be substantial change after infinity wars.
Everyone should know it's coming.

If you actually think this is going to happen you're retarded. The studio would never do that, it destroy their brand. Nobody wants to see all of the same characters origin stories with different actors.

He won’t reboot it per se but it will be a soft reboot so that the avengers never happen. They’ll forget they were even a team but tony will sense that something is different and rise of into the sunset with Peper.

It's just a macguffin. Don't take it so seriously.

not sure t bh, but I remember Iron-Man kickstarting the whole thing. or maybe it was Spider-Man? whatever.

>Thanos.. I've come to bargain

substantial change as in they're starting to switch over to their "galaxy" theme for new environments and new characters

Spoilers and set pictures more or less say [spoilers]yes.
>Thanos kills all the Avengers and Guardians in Avengers 3
>Doctor Strange manages to escape using the Eye of Agamotto
>ends up in a slightly different alternate reality, Tony Stark looks like some sort of SHIELD agent
>Doctor Strange warns them of the Thanos threat and tries to recruit a new Avengers in advance for Avengers 4
>one of them has the immediate thought to recruit Captain Marvel, her movie (which takes place in the '90s) never actually happens in the mainline universe where all the Avengers died
>they'll be using this as an opportunity to start retconning shit they regret because they never thought Iron Man would launch such an extensive universe
Avenger 3 will be, for all intents and purposes, the finale of the MCU with Doctor Strange being the only holdover into the new universe.[/spoiler]

nah iron man was first, but incredible hulk was really close after, like a month apart.

stark was already iron man in the post credits scene of hulk.

Except Spider-man and GotG are getting sequels. No way they wipe away everything.

Yeah, and the Norton one is the only Hulk that counted. That other Hulk came out in 2003

So they fight Thanos again?

well, it's already confirmed that major characters like falcon, draxx, rocket, gamora, loki and iirc vision too will die on the first part, not sure if they will bring them back as a small cameo by the end of infinity war 2 but I think all of this will be for good at the end, it will be worthy

dat shits ghey mane who watches marvel anymore

Considering the mess they've created, financially and story-wise, a reboot would be absolutely needed.
DCEU is much more cohesive than the Marvel mess

the substantial change could be the focus on mutants after infinity wars.

They're not allowed to use mutants since Fox owns the X-men.

If this is true there's a good chance this could kill most of the goodwill the MCU has at this point.

Fox are selling all their shit to Disney, I imagine Xmen will be the first to go.

This shit is still planned far in advance and there's no way they were betting everything on the possibility of getting back the X-Men.

This is so retarded I'm positive you fuckers think it's real.

not for too long

First New Avengers movie will be Avengers vs X-Men

You know Marvel and Fox are in talks again right? Seeing how well Sony did with their deal with Spiderman Fox would be stupid to not considering sharing the X-Men and FF universe with them. Plus, we need a phase 4 villain, and who better than Galactus now that we're travelling through different parts of the galaxy?

Let me be the first to call you a butthurt DCuck

Let me be the first to call you retarded for replying to such blatant bait.

Not just galaxy/space, but I think we'll be getting more dimensional stuff with Strange and Ant-Man&Wasp too.

sauce rite now u fkin FAGGOT!

i dont have long so dont make me wait for ELSE!

Again "in talks" doesn't mean it's in the bag, and even if it was they wouldn't have known this years ago when they laid out the plan.

Iron Man came out in May, Incredible Hulk came out in June. The Dark Knight was released in July (or maybe late June, shortly after Hulk). So being sandwiched in between Iron Man and Dark Knight, Hulk was completely overshadowed.

Plus since that's the only appearance by Ed Norton, people kinda forget Incredible Hulk is part of MCU

>Fox would be stupid to not considering sharing the X-Men and FF universe with them.

Murdoch wants to sell it all, this is not about sharing anything, it's about getting rid of the entire movie and tv division among other assets.

variety.com/2017/biz/news/disney-fox-sale-talks-comcast-1202628942/

Just like how it was confirmed War Machine was going to die in Civil War, right?

Maybe later, but not in Infinity War. We still have Spider-man 2, GotG3, Avengers 4, etc.

Doesn't mean it's out of the bag either. Sony and Marvel were just "in talks" and what do you know, we got Spiderman out of it. And what plan are you talking about? The one where phases 1-3 were all intertwined and connected and how each subsequent phase 4+ will be contained exclusively to each phase, making a Silver Surfer/Galactus plot or an Xmen plot perfect for the overarching story for a single phase?

Even better. We all know Marvel wants them back considering they're running out of popular well known characters to do in this universe, so those two universes should bring in some fresh stories that haven't been done before.

>Doctor Strange being the only holdover
Are they rebooting Spiderman again?

>DCEU is much more cohesive
>Zod shows up in Man of Steel
>Starts Drilling the Ocean
>Both Atlanteans and Themyscirians just kind of sit by and let the space man handle it
>Even thought it's literally both of their jobs to fight this threat (well, the one in the Sea for the Atlanteans)
Yeah. I could just feel the interconnected intricate world building oozing through the film.
It definitely doesn't feel like their entire universe is just a collection of loosely connected blobs of exposition that have no actual concern in the story except when the writer randomly remembers they exist or a producer mandates they need to show up

>In comics people never die
>In real life, actors do.

Sucks for Marvel. Who can replace Evans as Captain America?

Evans is only 36, he could easily do the character 15-20 more years. The issue is that the actors might not want to.

Rdj was dressed up as a shield agent on the set of avengers 4

Well that's kind of what I mean. And even then, he wouldn't be young cap much longer.

Here's the changes you fucking numbnuts

>dealing with super hero fatigue; probably lower budgets to compensate
>shift to "out there" concepts like a bigger focus on sci fi and weird dimensional shit to try to keep drawing people in
>new actors taking on the mantle of old characters (WS is 100% definitely going to become the new Captain America, for example)

Is fucking retarded and 100% incorrect as they still have new films planned featuring the same actors (for example gotg 3 and a spiderman sequel)

Marvel doesn't need to worry about a reboot. They're doing well. The only "reboot" will be between Avengers 3 and 4 where a lot of the character deaths in 3 will be reversed but some will remain.

Why didn't he use it to save the cancer lady?

Eye of Agamotto Anonymous 12/03/17(Sun)17:01:03 No.91037724▶ Will Strange use the time stone to reboot the entire MCU?

>The issue is that the actors might not want to
Some of them might be willing to continue if the pay is right, and Evans is a clear example of that.

Doesn't have to desu.
>Winter Soldier takes over as Cap
>War Machine takes over as Iron Man
>Hawkeye fucks off to be with his family and/or dies
>Hulk can be recast, or replaced with another person (Cho Hulk?)
>Thor can die, to set up a sequel trilogy that adapts JMS' return of Asgard with all new actors (as these are new incarnations)
>Nobody cares about Black Widow anymore, just get rid of her in any way

All six of the original Avengers have clear and easy exit routes.

Female Thor please

Holy shit, i hope Falcon dies, he's fucking useless.

Because Marvel wants to appeal to all 3 fans of female Thor right?

He's going to become Captain America and you're going to go watch it or else, racist.

No, Disney is buying Fox, so they'll take the new heroes: Spider-Man, Ant-Man & Wasp, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and mix them in with the MCU X-men to carry the next decade.

This isn't the DCEU

My question is will they still do Thanos trying to court Death or switch it up?

this just makes everything more confusing

>universe is approximately 550 billion trillions miles across
>three of the six infinity stones currently reside on a rock not even 8 thousand miles in diameter
>two of the other stones were at one point on that same rock before being moved away
>the last stone was eventually recovered by a native of that very same rock

>Alternate timeline

Please no.

One of the reasons people love the MCU is because it avoids dumb bullshit like this.

I hope not. It would be a serious let down.

There was another image that showed Tony's virtual reality gear, so it might be a simulation designed to find a way to win.

Maybe the reason that Earth appears to be at the centre of the universe is not because all of space is expanding, but because Earth actually IS at the centre of the universe (in the MCU at least).

nah, if they kill captain america off they'll have bucky take up the shield.

because he's sexy.

How can the universe reset but still have a confirmed Spiderman sequel that will follow the continuity of the last one?

The whole world knows Winter Soldier as a terrorist and a former Hydra member. I doubt he'll be the one replacing Cap.

>but still have a confirmed Spiderman sequel that will follow the continuity of the last one?
Do we know it'll follow that continuity for a fact?

Asian Hulk, female Thor, illegal immigrant Mexican Captain America. These are entirely new characters.

yes

Whole thread is fake news. Strange loses the time stone like a bitch.
justjared.com/2017/07/06/benedict-cumberbatch-attacked-by-man-in-cgi-suit-for-avengers-infinity-war-scene/