Why do horror movies always feature girls in their underwear?

Why do horror movies always feature girls in their underwear?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misattribution_of_arousal
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7UP1vv0wWp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because slasher movies are lowest common denominator trash designed to appeal to base animal instincts. they have booby and fuck, and they also have blood and kill. not rocket science.

Probably because people feel vulnerable without clothing.

Because it's scary.

because everyone likes panty girls

no, genius it's because it shows them at their most vulnerable and creates suspense. how'd you like to get attacked while you're not wearing pants?

how come scarry movie is use dark lightning???

why comedy have joke/???

ple help

Sex appeal.

Though, a lot of panties just make girls look dumpy -- especially those.

I never understood the love aspect in horror movies...

Because undress implies vuknerability and girls walk around in panties and a tshirt much more often than they walk around in a bra and pants because bras are uncomfortable

we can track your posts down because you always spam this image

not even him btw

All responses in the thread so far have some truth to them, but are missing a big part of why this is such a trend. Horror villains, especially in western slasher flicks, are very often enforcers of a set of traditional Christian values. Characters who break these traditional values and/or are unrepentant 'sinners' in the view of a traditional Christian mindset, are killed off. So the audience is allowed to experience the best of both worlds - the reinforcing of the beliefs of the moral universe they live in, and the sympathy and empathy for the characters as the actor carrying out these deeds is a villain, not a protagonist.

List some films where degenerate sluts get brutally murdered.

The classic slasher example that springs to mind is the "Slumber Party Massacre" series, which is exclusively about young girls (usually in their underwear) running around a house being picked off by a slasher villain. "Sorority House Massacre" follows the same formula, as does "Killer Party", "The House on Sorority Row", etc. It's an entire subgenre of slasher film really.

She literally has no ass

i already jerked off to those films decades ago, and they're low budget trash. Maybe your post was true once, decades ago, but it doesn't seem true anymore. You got any recent examples?

I figure the OP's post concerned older movies to begin with - Friday the 13th is from the 80s. My post wasn't really about "degenerate sluts" to begin with though, just about the overall Christian value system which is behind so many of the deaths in the horror/slasher genre. It's no coincidence that those who do something socially borderline like go skinny dipping or those who have premarital sex etc. in a horror/slasher movie are those who end up dying first.

Sure but the kind of slasher film you're thinking od describing isn't popular anymore - where it once was. Most people don't subscribe to a Christian value system, and although I think people do tend to be more conservative than most people think, there isn't the same kind of psychosexual situation which made the Sorority House Massacre films popular.

Is there even one slasher movie with a male dude running around in his underwear when shit hits the fan?

For my penis

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misattribution_of_arousal

people mistake fear for arousal and vice versa

I'm not sure that kind of low budget slasher flick was ever truly popular, but you're probably right. That said, I really don't think there are very many horror films out there which don't have that same western/christian moralistic aspect to who dies and who doesn't die. It is an integral part of the genre and western narratives in general.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7UP1vv0wWp4

>booby and fuck

This made me chuckle.

I can't think of any recent movies in which the transgression implicit which justifies the murder is sexuality, and that is what I think has changed. I think women especially wanted to see women get slaughtered for slutty behaviour because women wanted to fuck around but were anxious and the spectacle of a murdered slut assuages their doubts by assuring them they're right - sluts are terrible, sluts get murdered. It's not an aspect of horror films anymore because women don't have that inhibition anxiety which reaches catharsis through watching a slut get killed. Which is why I asked if there were any recent examples.

>see panty scene in horror movies bread
>nobody posting panty scenes
absolute denegeracy

what a disgusting body

I'd just like to point out she had Kevin Bacon's semen dripping out of her cooch into those panties in that scene.

Better question is why so many dudes in horror films apparently have sex with their jeans on still.

After a sex scene the girl will roll out of bed and we'll get the obligatory ass shot, maybe the bewbs too. Dude slides out on other side and just zips up his jeans.

Is it me? Am I abnormal because the thought of fucking with my jeans on scares the shit out of me, due to my fear of severe zipper burn.

fish stank is scary

Not underwear, but usually shirtless.