Is Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri worth watching?

Is Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri worth watching?

I see nobody talking about it.

sorry in nu-Sup Forums we only discuss two things. 1. super hero films. 2. why we're victims of something.

6/10

Seems good. I like In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths.

I'd watch it if it had a better name

Yeah, like what about FOUR Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri?

It had a lot of good moments and some really bad, cliche bits too. The trailer is very misleading. It's way darker than I was led to believe, and it's not really as black and white as lady vs evil cops. I wouldn't say I'm glad that I spent the time and money on but other people have liked it a lot.

7/10

Just watched it. There are some good complex and interesting characters in addition to some hilarious dark comedy. It's Mcdonaghs best movie by a wide margin. But the script is riddled with some of the most absurd and fantastical contrivances, particularly in the final twenty minutes which are just retarded. But the good (characters, setting) definitely outweigh the bad.

Oh and Frances McDornand says nigger.

The three main characters were definitely my favorite aspect of the movie. Harrelson's monologue was very emotional for me. You expected him to be the badguy but he wasn't at all. There was no real antagonist. I spent the first half of the movie thinking McDormand was really the one instigating all the negativity.

>how's the nigger torturing business going?

Woody is fantastic as the Chief and if anyone deserves the recognition for this movie (besides Frances) then it is him. The best scene in the movie is the interrogation when he coughs the blood on her face. It revealed to me that, unlike Seven Psychopaths and In Bruges which were in my opinion too far up their own asshole in their postmodernism for my liking, that this movie had more heart than both combined.

yeah but what about FOUR Billboards Outside EBIN, Missouri? :-DDDDDD

I liked that McDormand immediately switched from attack/defense mode to caring, motherly mode when that happened. The character progression was surprisingly good. Nobody was what they initially seemed to be.

good post man

it's ok. it's got sam rockwell. if there's nothing else you'd rather see and you have two hours to burn I'd watch it

Sam Rockwell is hands down in the top 5 overrated actors on this board. The guy is practically Jason Lee.

im not watching this I AM FEMINIST hear me ROAR anti cop bullshit.

>it's not really as black and white as lady vs evil cops
How did you even get that from the trailer? The trailer makes it look like she's insane and the cops are fairly likable

Thank you for your uninformed opinion

You're so retarded it hurts

>uninformed

I watched the movie trailers you moron. Thats generally how a movie informs potential viewers as to what the movie is all about.

The most vital movie of the year.

absolutely not. not even in the top 5.

a qt film chick recommended it to me so it would seem its vaguely known about

I thought the opposite when I saw the redband trailer. It made McDormand look like the plucky anti-hero and the cops look lazy and stupid.

>Thats generally how a movie informs potential viewers as to what the movie is all about.

This is true most of the time but a lot of indies I've seen lately are making their trailers as appealing as possible, even if it's not an accurate depiction of the movie. Like I said earlier in the thread, the trailer is not a very good representation of the movie's tone.