There is a new discord server for discussion of arthouse and experimental cinema, please join in you are interested!

There is a new discord server for discussion of arthouse and experimental cinema, please join in you are interested!

discord.gg/fBmRwNK

We also have a filmclub, this week's movie is Kleftis i I pragmatikotita AKA Thief of Reality by Antouanetta Angelidi, drop by if you'd like to discuss it with us, or if you'd like to suggest a film for the upcoming week!

good discord

come watch kino

What are some good dark and misty movies?

sototh go suck a dick and stop shilling your shitty discord. No one wants to be berated about not being "patrician" enough by a polish faggot

Landscape in the Mist.

mystic river

Literally never happened desu.

what the fuck did the group get nuked this fast or am I retarded?

This discord saved me. I spent so much time on Sup Forums and was wasting so much time and getting nothing out of it. Now I have the discord and it did three things: it gave me a place to finally discuss films and get recommendations which also got me spending way less time here, it made realize that if I wanted to discuss films I actually needed to watch them - here I could just discuss the same films I've always, now i feel much more motivated to watch new movies - and finally it gave me some new friends :) I like discussing not just movies but music and life with these cool people

lmao

Where can I watch this? Are there are any torrents?

There will be a link posted in the discord this evening.

This discord is the best thing that happened to me in 2017

gayest post of the year

Looks like you're not in the discord ;)

I feel offended that this honor hasn't been attributed to me.

Jesus christ this is embarrassing. Please delete this post

Who are the discord mods? Or is that a secret?

oh look another place where I can circlejerk about how many obscure films i've seen with other people who have no validation in life beyond being so-called "patricians"

eh is the only mod as far as I know

t. hasn't been in the discord

Or you could just discuss films you like!

Eh, edd, Cuckboy, t_embryo, and dropout_bear, I think.

why would I join a discord full of ircfaggots. the irc was bad enough
circlejerking isn't discussion. and anytime sototh is involved it's guaranteed to be a circlejerk

Can I discuss Zack Snyder on it?

cuckboy had his mod status revoked

so basically eh and eh's buttboys

I also can't wait for Infinity War

Why?

WHY DID I GET BANNED FROM THE DISCORD WTF
FUCK YOU EH

I've discussed several films and gotten other people's thoughts back. If you want something just ask for it, if you want discussion, start discussion

I'm not a mod

Shitposting IIRC.

I don't believe db is a mod either

but who are you

the person referred to in this post

>actually joining a discord where redditors discuss literal who directors
the absolute state of everyone in this thread

Discord mines user data as per their privacy policy. Using such a service is an anti-art practice, as is the fact you aim to turn film into a societal pastime. Stop shilling, and fuck off.

>art dhouldn't be discussed
lol

Reminder to report any threads advertising streams/discords.

db can i suck ur dick

>looking at Sup Forums and being okay with it being then extent of your film discussion
Wew
>literal whos
Not a coincidence these opinions go together

The true patricians. I'm not at your level yet so I can't join. Good luck...

Why should I join? Members of this discord please provide me with your top 10 films and I will see if this place is fit for my presence.

@eh Benning is shit and your dismissal of American filmmakers as a whole exposes you for a pseudo-intellectual pretentious faggot

>Usually when I cry it's because something moves me aesthetically, rather than because of the story or anything really

Any superhero movies?

Jealous of my immense sensibility? :^)

Every time they make these threads please shitpost on their discord and report the thread until they go away.

I just entered and saw three guys being busy by "Playing Overwatch", left immediately.
These Sup Forums kids are your so called "patricians"

slept>>>>sototh

Has a song ever made you cry? That is aesthetic emotion. He's not talking about a film like looking so pretty he cried. Film, while it has story and such, also can exist in the same realm of abstraction as music, and as such can be moving in the same way

please seek medical help, you are clearly mentally ill. It's not too late, your homosexuality can still be cured.

Songs make you cry because of the feeling they bring out in you, its not really aesthetic. I honestly can't understand crying from just the aesthetic look of a film and it makes me think he's just saying that to look more patrician or whatever

But a film brings out emotions too. Not just in plot or characters, but in the way music does. It's not just how the film looks, it's not a painting, it's how the film moves. The experience of getting wrapped up in it the same way you would music. Have you never watched a movie and just teared up once it ended? I'm not even eh and if a movie makes me cry it's usually for more concrete reasons, but it had happened

That's what aesthetic is brainlet.

>the aesthetic look
No one mentioned the "look" part user, something being aesthetic doesn't just imply the look of the visuals

They don't care about film they just want to jerk off over obscure shit. Film is nothing but a fashion accessory to them. They're like those people who have a shelf full of (criterion only) blu ray they don't watch, because showing off how much they like film is more important than actually enjoying it. Try discussing something like Antonioni, Chaplin or Fritz Lang and they'll just scoff at you for liking something with over 1000 votes on IMDB. They can never truly enjoy anything. It's sad and I feel bad for them.

this only really applies to eh and some other people, most of the other users in the discord are pretty cool

I'm not that kind of boy!

letterboxd is a mind virus

We have discussed Antonioni before though.

Lang is okay too, as long as you stick to the non-burger years.

>as long as you stick to the non-burger years.
Those are his best years, this is why you're such a faggot eh

I'm surprised eh hasn't told the people discussing edgar wright and bergman to move to pleb general yet

wright should be but not Bergman

lol
I don't know who edgar wright is but people discuss directors like Bergman all the time.

>I don't know who edgar wright is
why are you lying? do you think people will think you're cool for not knowing a mainstream director?

only saw shaun of the dead by him senpai how the fuck would I know him

eh at his finest