Why is this ship so unpopular?

Why is this ship so unpopular?

It isn't?

It's better than Zutara but it could have been handled better for sure

It's plain, boring and generic.

Unpopular among butthurt Zutaras, you mean.

Because it's ridiculous.

It not so unpopular as you might think.

Still, largely because Aang was a little smaller than Katara.

He's 12.

Most of the show established a brother/sister relationship between them, so having them walk back on that at the last minute felt weird.

Also, the ending with them kissing felt cliche.

I really don't know what's worse. Spending a whole show pussyfooting around a single relationship or having shipping shit in the first place.

Because Aang was a manlet compared to Katara and like 5 years younger. Also, it never felt like Katara returned Aang's crush until S3.

Aang x Toph was cuter.

Because the people wanted Taang.

>so having them walk back on that at the last minute felt weird.
It's because Bryke were literally the only ones who wanted it. So they pushed that end even though it didn't make sense.

2 years younger.

I personally blame the magic swamp episode for planting the idea that Aang might find a cutie his age. And Toph's character for being way more fun than Katara.

you mean Tokka right?

I think that's what user meant.

Because it is just too generic.

I really wish something did come out of Zutara, but I guess it doesn't matter for most people.

IKR

Fuck you guys, I thought it was cute. There's nothing inherently wrong with being generic, either.

/thread

Zutara is even more generic than Kataang to be fair and honest. Bad boy with good girl is an extremely common troupe.

I know Zutara isn't very popular around here either, but at least I could believe them developing a romantic connection. They had good chemistry by the end.

Katara blows because she is unlikeable DESPITE the shit she goes through. Aang's romace with her is perfectly understandable and well written, however.

Toph's life is terrible.

>Zuko friendzones her if you're being generous.
>She becomes a slut cop
>Treats her daughters like unwanted friends and causes them to compete with her over approval
>Fucks off innawoods and leaves them to sort their shit out, Lin and Tenzin break up because Lin is so mentally wrecked and Suyin is responsible for Kuvira and Opal.

Guys don't want to self-insert as the younger bald kid
Girls don't want to go after the younger bald kid when the self-insert as Katara

>well written

Who do you guys think Sokka honestly got with in the end?

All the Kyoshi warriors.

The identity of Suyin's father was never confirmed so technically there's still a possibility it was Sokka.

Canon ship

Good grief!

Katara was older than Aang and kind of motherly to whole cast. A lot of people I think initially thought they'd only ever be friends despite Aang's crush on her.

>Don't like Kataang because it is too generic
>Wants Zutara instead, the most generic pairing trope

You're all tumblr girls.

Yeah, seeing the vision of Toph in the swamp is where Taang started, and rightly so. I get that Aang finding an earthbending teacher was important, but that vision gave off vibes of something even more significant, or at least it did at the time, as I recall.

Speaking purely for myself, I have no idea why I don't like it, but I don't.

I really cannot explain it at all. It's not like it's badly written, or that it's underdeveloped. They develop it throughout the whole show. It just winds up leaving me extremely underwhelmed. Something about it just doesn't seem satisfying or sexy or fulfilling. And like I said, I have no idea why.

Personally I don't care for it because I don't think it's not a healthy relationship, but that's just me. Honestly I don't really have any pairings I like either Katara or Aang in.

I don't mind shipping shit when it's handled well and doesn't eat up focus. But I don't think the show needed to end on Aang and Katara kissing, just as I don't think TLoK should've ended with her and Asami.

Aang is the presidency and Katara is Hillary, she doesn't deserve him.

Zuko? What, she wanted his dick too?

So what are your favourite ships? Zutara cucks and Kataang fags need not apply

>Toph with any of the main male characters
>Aang with Zuko

Horseshit, Aang wanted her since the first season.

God, remember the ship bait that was deliberately inserted into some of the later episodes of ATLA? Remember how Mike and Bryan both went out of their way to fuck with Zutarians?

In hindsight, that was a harbinger of what was to come. Just total immaturity and slapdick behavior, fucking over their own story in the name of pandering.

That's because swamp hermit says that the swamp shows visions of the future, of the past, and of people that are special to you.

It's really not. Zutarians are obviously blubber blasted, even after 9-10 years, but the ship is popular among most people.

That being said, Tokka needed to happen and it didn't, so I'm still butthurt about that.

Aang was with Katara and Zuko was with Mai, so that leaves either Suki or Toph to get the shit end of the stick. Who's it going to be?

best pairing coming through

wanananana

Sokka + Toph = Tokka. I still like to think Toph had Lin or Suyin with Sokka in a one night drunken stand or something, maybe even more than just sex.

I think it's fine but I guess people find it kind of boring and like there's no story to tell there, what you see in the show covers it.

Canon pairings can be less popular just because there's less work to do. Fuck, how are they gonna get together? What will it look like? Oh, the show already gave you everything. Not saying it makes total sense but I sort of get why people don't feeling the need to fill in the blanks when you already know how they get married, have X number of kids, and die.

>and of people that are special to you

Fuck, I'd actually forgotten about that part. That just makes it worse.

I never knew Katara would kill with bloodbending.

This is a large reason why so many Zutarians were butthurt about the outcome, cause they put so much time into the ship.

Shippers (female) don't find Aang attractive.

Well, fuck them.

This may honestly be it. Aang's awfully cute, but he never quite becomes attractive in a masculine way.

> Most of the show established a brother/sister relationship between them,

Yet again Avatar fags prove they didn't actually watch the fucking show or at the very least didn't pay attention

Well I don't really get why shippers care about the story outcome so much, they are not real, make up a story in your head about how a different couple gets together then, it's exactly as "real" since it is just pretend.

Zutara is for idiots who like Twilight

Justification of time spent, satisfaction, the enjoyment of predicting the outcome, enjoyment of the ship.

Headcanon will never equate to having your choice(s) immortalized in the show.

Bryke suck at writing romance. Like really suck, more than they do at writing believable adults or satisfying endings.

cause it's the canon one

Nah their romance was just fine. Avatar fans are fucking idiots is all.

112 nigga

Well at least we can agree on the second statement.

It's heavily implied he got with suki

Aang and Kataras romance was played by the book almost. That being said, it was the most stable romance in the show and wasn't awful as it had quite a few well executed moments. I guess I'm just a sucker for the linear romance.

Eh, I guess. That's fine. I'm just never going to really understand that. I just can't take shipping that seriously. I figure just have some fun instead.

Same here. I just like seeing the buttblast come from shippers being btfo. Recent reminder is from the Star vs finale threads - reminded me of the finale on AtLA.

To be honest Zuko had more sexual tension with Azula than Katara. The whole Zutara faggotry started from him tying her to a tree and threatening her. Tumblrinas in all their landwhale logic saw this as an act of love. Katara was never into Zuko, Zuko was never into Katara. Kataang happened. They cannon fucked and had children.

Its been ten years fucking get over it.

>Headcanon will never equate to having your choice(s) immortalized in the show.

Not true. I like korra/asami and what they gave us was absolute bullshit. I prefer my head canon.

There are always outliers user. Just cause they shat all over Korra/Asami doesn't mean the majority of millions of Korrasami shippers didn't feel justified, satisfied, and happy their ship was canonized. I do agree it was a complete bastardization of what should have happened though.

This. Despite the lowkey romance the writers tried to convey with them, the show pretty much made them appear much more like brother and sister. All of which made the ending cringey af

Star vs. is getting totally nuts now. I saw a group of anti-Starco people successfully siccing storyboarders on Starco shippers lately under this or that pretense. Don't remember if they were Tomco shippers or just Marco is trans so he can't be with Star people? Relax guys. It is just a cartoon.

You know there's no proof Zucest DIDN'T happen at some point...

I mean, she brought a lot of that on herself

Yet again Avatar fans prove they never paid any attention to what they were watching

The immense rage fueled by buttblast gives me pleasure, it really is starting to get crazy.

>Azula has Ty Lee chi block Zuko
>Impregnation rape fetish occurs

hnngh

I always thought it was mostly fangirls who liked that ship

Canon ships are virtually always the most boring.

I can actually even see Azula doing it in a strategic way. She fucks Zuko one night when Zuko has a moment of weakness, and then the secret of it becomes a weapon in her arsenal of manipulation. If she reveals it, she can destroy Zuko and Mai's relationship and disgrace Zuko to the entire Fire Nation court. The first occurrence would have the additional benefit of possibly making Mai even more loyal to her. It would create chaos and uncertainty and weaken everyone she could potentially consider an enemy.

All for one night of degeneracy. It's an easy price to pay.

Wasn't Grey told to act seductive in this scene?

The thing is, I never shipped Zutara. When it first aired I never even seriously considered it. It's only now looking back on it that I think it had potential. Especially seeing how badly Kataang turned out.

A lot of the more popular ships did have potential, if things would have turned out a tiny bit different in each scenario, or with a little more added. However Kaatang was the most likely, as it had multiple romantic buildups throughout the series. I'm not gonna lambaste someone for seeing potential in their ship though, as most of them could have happened if tweaked just a bit.

In the context we're using the word generic there is something inherently wrong.

Even Terra X Beast Boy? That's not a case of first girl winning but a lot of people prefer him with Raven.

When I go full shipper I usually prefer Beast Boy with Starfire.

All of BB's parings are shit, but that's because he himself sucks.

Wrong

Because it's dull and is a subplot that adds very little to the show.

Mate, I absolutely 100% get what you mean, the absolute buttblasting that is going on right now in SvtfE threads and the even BIGGER anal ravaging that will happen when the final pairing goes final is what got me to binge watch the whole show in two days before the finale.

>Barely interacted
>when they did it was fighting or threatening to kill each other
>Zuko spent 90% of his time worrying about honor and Sang and the other 10% pining for the goth Ninja Chick

Yeah so much "potential" there....

Goth power keeps her pimp hand strong

they have no chemistry at all, Aang is like a little kid compared to her

Never shipped Zutara but their interactions towards the end were are interesting as any other relationship on the show, I guess? The thing is as soon as a relationship becomes "officially romantic" it turns to utter shit instantly 1000 times out of 99 so I don't give a fuck if this or that happens.

Toph/Sokka, Aang/Zuko, Azula/Ty-Lee

>its HEAVILY IMPLIED GUISE
christ youre pathetic, you sound like one of the horse fuckers