On episode 4. This is by far the most engaging of all the Marvel shows. Why do people hate it again?

On episode 4. This is by far the most engaging of all the Marvel shows. Why do people hate it again?

When you get to the ending....

No, it's shit and you're Sup Forums for liking it so go back.

Fuck off Tumblr. The show is great.

Why, is it disapointing?

Because the choreography sucks and all the cool shit happens off screen

It doesn't though, the fight scene are pretty decent.

That one Ax scene was pretty cool too.

SJW's

Because unlike you, they have standards.

That's not a reason, it's the online version of sticking your fingers in your ears and calling "I'm right times infinity."

Isn't that the one that has like fifty-six cuts in thirty seconds?

Awful.

$.20 into your disney world account mousketeer

With enough editing/cuts anyone can look like a decent fighter. I would think DANNY FUCKING RAND could handle some of these opponents a bit easier. Also next to no training scenes, Kun Lun, or even the immortal weapon tournament? Fuck that

>Why do people hate it again?
Cause it's awful.

>Why, is it disapointing?
>the protagonist is cardboard in acting in any scene that doesn't call for childish tantrums
>the Iron Fist is used less than once an episode and only offers two actual hype moments
>choreography on the kung-fu centered show is awful
>no shots of K'un L'un or Shao Laou
>so much business-related bullshit that ultimately accounts for nothing
>the most consistent character is Madame Gao
>Claire overstaying her welcome and her inclusing being unelaborated
>only characters that don't betray Danny are Hogarth, Gao, and Claire
>the entire JUST TALK in the first third of the show
>Danny has only one actual accomplishment in the whole show and fails his entire duty
>supposed 15-year trained kung-fu master Iron Fist weapon of K'un L'un having difficulty with guys in medical storerooms
>no consistent or meaningful theme or symbolism
>soundtrack is all over the place, hiphop and oriental and then Stranger Things-esque synth used sporadically
>everyone gets their fair share of being a complete idiot when everyone aside from Danny is meant to be an intelligent, successful person
>the Hand becomes more muddled and inconsistent and hard to follow, which as the prequel for Defenders is a problem
>nobody has any chemistry with anyone else

It's like they took the dullest parts of Luke Cage, the dumbest parts of Daredevil Season 2, and the unlikability and choreography of Jessica Jones and put it into a blender. Iron Fist is a huge disappointment and a failure as a piece of entertainment.

Meme reviews fucked up the perception of the show, also fight scenes were lacking and no costume. I liked it more than Luke Cage and JJ.

/thread

it's not the worst of the netflix marvel shows. it's also probably the most consistent in quality across all episodes. but the writing was pretty dumb at times, like the walking dead level dumb, and the show takes a massive nosedive in the final episodes.

i didn't mind it. i wish it had been better written and the martial arts choreography had been better, but at least it wasn't as difficult to watch as the latter half of luke cage.

What was with all the jokes about him not wearing shoes? It wasn't funny the first time so they had to keep repeating it.

>Why do people hate it again?

Lol

Reminder that Supergirl also has 100% approval rating.

is just the SJW from tumblr and reddit who h8 Iron Fist because he isn't asian and there's no migrant history, people like the serie, sorry 18% critics and FUCKING 82% YOU, THE PEOPLE

No, that's Supergirl

By the end of the show, Danny Rand did not
>become a proficient Ironfist
>become a super businessman
>avenge his father
>destroy any faction of the hand
>defend Kun Lun
All he did accomplish was getting some poon and pissing off his friend, he can't even get the "bros before ho's" thing right

Terrible fights, absolutely no respect for the source material, and mostly awful casting

I'm not done with it yet, but Joy and Ward are such inconsistent characters I just want them to die.
Howard is entertaining, but doesn't seem to have any real reason for doing anything other than lol I'm evil and crazy.
The choreography is subpar and Danny's power level fluctuates wildly, most of the time Colleen seems to be more competent.
K'un-lun is referenced constantly, but we barely see any of Danny's training or any of the supposedly cool fights that happened before he became Iron Fist.
Night Nurse fights as well as two legendary martial artists, apparently.
A character joins the cast practically out of nowhere several episodes in, and it's someone who should have had more buildup.
For a guy that's supposed to be all zen and shit, Danny spends a fuckton of time whining and being easily insulted.

I don't hate it, but it's a C at best.

What are you trying to pull here?

I think the Marvel Netflix's shows' greatest strength was always always always their tremendously three-dimensional characters, especially the antagonists. Fisk, Kilgrave, the Punisher (he counts at least a little), Cottonmouth.

(And I note that three of those four didn't end up with enough story for them to fill out a full season, so either had to be gotten out of the way early [Punisher, Cottonmouth], or had their plots stretched thin [Kilgrave].)

But the Hand have never risen above being generic ninja mooks; they've never had any personality. I'm a little concerned about Defenders, because, I mean, The Avengers took the MOST interesting antagonist from the previous parts, while the Defenders seem to be using on the LEAST.

I'm still on Iron Fist episode 6; accuracy not guaranteed in light of any later developments.

Oh look, a spillover from the Justice League trailer thread.

#NetflixGate

The kung th show with shit kung th?
Or the lazy writing?
The needles boardroom
The 26second scene with 50 cuts?

The less than 15 mins of training prior to scenes
It's just ... nowhere near potential

56 cuts in 20 seconds, any one who defends this show is complete garabge just like the show

>It's like they took the dullest parts of Luke Cage, the dumbest parts of Daredevil Season 2, and the unlikability and choreography of Jessica Jones and put it into a blender. Iron Fist is a huge disappointment and a failure as a piece of entertainment.
Damn, spot on.

>by far the most engaging
You are deluded.
Daredevil Season 1- 8/10
Jessica Jones- 8.5/10
Daredevil Season 2- 9/10
Luke Cage- 7.5/10
Iron Fist- 5/10

>On episode 4.
lol that explains it.

I'm about to watch 5. So far it is better than Luke Cage which I dropped half way. The only issue I have is that the fights could be much better. Hot asian girl has better fights than the main character.

The only worthwhile things about Marvel's Netflix are Daredevil S1 and Luke Cage before Cottonmouth bites the dust

>It's okay if you want to leave the company, Ward, I just want you to be happy.
>Your drug addiction is getting out of hand, Ward, take a long vacation, I'll take care of everything while you're gone.
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WANT TO TAKE THEIR DEAL AND LEAVE THE COMPANY?
>WHY ARE YOU ANGRY THAT I WENT BEHIND YOUR BACK AND REFUSED THEIR DEAL? I DID THIS FOR YOU, WARD! WE CAN GET OUR JOBS BACK!

>Dad, why did you betray Danny? You know I care for him!
>This mysterious guy wants to kill Danny for me? That's good, Danny is the root of all my problems.

Choreography was pretty bad from what I hear. Especially for a Martial Arts show

Because it's terrible with no redeeming qualities.

The Hand is the most inconsistent faction I've ever seen in fiction.

>women are irrational, this is suprising to me because im a virgin.

Daredevil - 8/10
Luke Cage 6/10 (could've been higher but shit the bed in the end)
Jessica Jones 3/10
Iron Fist 2/10

FTFY

Say what you will about them being stereotypical ninjas in Daredevil, but at least they weren't just Not-Hydra.

Actually, it's seems somewhat weird to me that The Hand and Hydra occupy the same setting. Do they ever interact in the comics?

>JJ better than DD S1.

Really?

>Awful and ultimately pointless subplots like the Lesbian Love Triangle and the retarded incest twins.
>Useless, unsympathetic protagonist whose superpowers are jump good and lockbreaking.
>Forced sex scenes twice an episode.
>Tries too hard to be dark.
>Plot turns into a merry go around of repeatedly capturing Kilgrave only for him to escape and kill more people.
>Said merry go around story structure ends out being pointless anyway since Hope commits suicide when she realises she's just a plot device.

Kinda annoyed me seeing The Hand as generic solders with guns half the time instead of Ninjas.

>SJW from tumblr and reddit who h8 Iron Fist because he isn't asian
And none of them complained that Davos wasn't Asian. Oh wait, none of them caught that because they know nothing about the comics in the first place.

Don't forget all their problems being either self-inflicted, manufactured to stretch the plot, or outright random.

yep. the pitfalls of writing a "conflicted" character

>none of them caught that because they care nothing about the comics in the first place
Fix'd.

>Episode 12: Sure Bakuto, I'll betray Danny to you if you help me rescue Joy and kill Harold

>Episode 13: WTF I love Danny now!

Because its shit

Ninjas seems to be limited to Nobu's branch of the Hand. Even Gao's mooks are mostly in civilian wear.

>immortal weapon tournament?
Why the living fuck would that be in his origin story

You gotta love the fact that the idiot main villain only lasted that long because circumstances and dumb luck were pretty much in his favor, rather than intelligence and competence.

>straight white man
>not a PWD
>doing martial arts
>fighting minorities
>reviewed by left leaning critics
politics was a mistake, critics should put aside political bullshit when reviewing shows

>danny complains about Coleen getting hit by a guy
>danny jobs left right and center to nameless dudes

The show doesn't reach the lv of DD, Legion or Gotham but have the lv of Cage, Jones, and is better than AoS (at least season 1, I droped the serie after that), Supergirl and all the other crap for tv

>Why, is it disapointing?
It's the part I flat out hated the show. Like, I thought it was going somewhere interesting, but I got SO MAD at the end.

>if we kill him we will be no better than he is

>so lets send this person who has shown that they control the police and courts to the police

>Davos why are you mad I ran off without telling stealing K'un L'un's best defence against outsiders

I'm not going to pretend it was great, but I enjoyed it. I don't think the flaws are objectively any worse than Luke Cage, but that's not setting a high bar.

> It's like they took the dullest parts of Luke Cage, the dumbest parts of Daredevil Season 2, and the unlikability and choreography of Jessica Jones and put it into a blender. Iron Fist is a huge disappointment and a failure as a piece of entertainment.

Summed up perfectly.

Not even. Show is Arrow S3 tier

Yeah, it's obvious that they were going for "she has a heart, but she's also manipulative and has a daddy complex". But they couldn't manage to balance those two aspects in a believable way.

I didn't like the inconsistencies on the hand's observation.

>instantly know if Harold leaves, can instantly appear in the room without detection, the meachums can't do anything without them finding out

>somehow doesn't know when Harold is conspiring against them despite seemingly always watching, blind to everything Danny does, know Coleen but never sends anyone to dojo despite that being their go to hideout 90% of the time

It was odd that Gao was able to blow away DD and Danny in one move, but then suddenly lost the ability to fight anybody ever again. She had the like the force or shit because she didn't touch danny, there is no reason anybody besides Danny should have been a threat. I guess they didn't want to try and do old lady fight scenes.

It's because they wanted a role-reversal where Joy becomes a villain and Ward a hero, only they didn't do enough to set it up properly.