"Always go against the grain."

>"Always go against the grain."

Eww do white men really shave like this? I know you don't get hardcore razor bumps like we do but still.

>tfw fell for the "against the grain" meme in high-school and eventually got psoriasis on my face

How does one get a truly close shave without going against the grain?

I used to but I don't bother anymore. Takes longer and you have to be careful

I shave with a machine

anyone here just use trimmer? almost the same as against the grain razor shaving

it doesnt fucking matter which way you shave as long as your skin is sufficiently moist

water is the key to a good shave

I'm white and still get razor bumps. I usually go with the grain initially and then come back the opposite way. Also I shave while in the shower because shaving creme doesn't work well enough to keep bumps away.

>shaving

i just run an electric trimmer with no guard over my face every couple of days

i shave with a rusty lawnmower blade

he looks better with the beard tbqh

It depends on the razor obviously. With some shitty 10 buck razor you shave differently than with actual foam and a blade. Didn't your father teach you anything?

>tfw he actually believes he got psoriasis from shaving "against the grain" instead of just being a dirty, unhygienic slob.

if I don't against the grain I could over it a thousand times and it still be there
then the "grain" is different all over the place anyway

I shave with CGI

Shave it both directions, retard.

Do you shave?

>go with the grain
>still noticeable stubble
>go across the grain
>still noticeable stubble
>go against grain
>stubble almost completely gone but now my face burns
I just don't get it. I even looked up guides on how to shave properly and they all say "YOU NEVER GO AGAINST THE GRAIN JUST DO WITH THE GRAIN THEN ACROSS THE GRAIN IF IT NEEDS TO BE CLOSER" but doing that still leaves noticeable stubble even with my extra sharp meme razor. Should've just gotten a new electric one.

>shave with the grain
>after 6 hours feel like I didn't shave at all

just shaved in mostly random directions today tbqhwy

somehow I the verbs

You have to have a fucking death wish to shave against the grain.

How fucking bad at shaving are you that you get razor bumps

It's a meme old people say to laugh at the young.
Shaving against the grain cuts all the edges of the grain skin and you bleed af.
Day ruined.

Underrated

>father

Take towel/rag
Soak in hot water
Put on neck until skin is warm to the touch and damp
Apply shaving cream
Shave against the grain, then again with the gran
Then you are shaven

But shaving with the grain still leaves noticeable stubble. It's not even stubble it's short hair. You have to go both ways.

>shaving the corner of mouth to get those 5-10 annoyng as fuck hairs

>he doesn't shave with a safety razor

i've owned straight razors too but the upkeep is insane

this and no bumps. patrician choice my man

Barbers go against the grain. It's the correct way.

>finish shaving
>touch face after a few hours
>feel 5-10 random hairs

this
I just don't understand this just with the grain meme

Close but you have it backwards. You first shave with the grain then against.

if you cut yourself that badly shaving you're doing something wrong, either not prepping well enough with a decent soap or using way too much pressure with a shitty blade.

How are you supposed to shave your lip area?

blacks are more enclined to have them

How many white girls did you fuck?

this will only work if your facial hair is shitty bumfluff.

You can't get a clean shave without going against the grain.

I don't like a clean shave personally but you can't get it without doing that.

been shaving against the grain since the beginning of high school and maybe my face is just use to it now but ive never had irritation problems from it, try using more water in the lather and leaving the hot lather on for a solid minute to raise the hairs

I shave with the ear trimmer of the shaving machine

this

>shave with a shitty 0.5€ one use razor
>smooth as a baby
>the only bleeding spots are on the bottom of the chin

What does the expression against the grain actually mean in this context? What is the grain even?

Problem is the blade is too sharp but I like them.
Feather on a merkur.

by making autistic smoochie faces so that your skin lies flat and your lips curve inwards

I bought a nice steel handle and like 100 2-3 use razorblades off amazon for like 25-30 CAD. Its super cheap to get agood shave.

I go over first with an electric razor to normalise the hairs, then one pass with the grain, then one pass moving with the grain but with the blade held at an angle to the grain. And I get an incredible shave. I only do it twice or three times a week though, and just use an electric to maintain on the other days, it's too hard on your skin to do it daily.

>finish shaving
>wait a couple of minutes
>adam's apple bleeds

>He doesn't keep constant short stubble

Lol

Three pass shave motherfucker do you know it
with, across, THEN against if you choose to do against

feet or gtfo

you will

hairs protrude in different directions based on their location on the face, going in the opposite direction of their growth allows you to cut them even short than going with their direction of growth and the difference is very noticeable

I always do it against the grain and I don't get bumps or burns or anything unless I use a shitty blade. Not even when I used to shave before a shower which was actually quite stupid of me.

kek

>shave
>wear white t-shirt
>about to leave
>red spots on the t-shirt

1. Get fancy 5 blade cool strip business.
2. Wash face with exfoliating neutrogena.
3. Put conditioner on face.
4. If razor is a little old, use coconut oil on face.
5. Put warm foam cream whate very on face
6. Shave against grain
7. Wash face, especially if you used coconut oil
8. Use after shave, not the cheap splash shit, should be thicker.

Where to get a straight razor? Always wanted one and I think it'd be cool as fuck living on the edge almost cutting your face off if you fuck up.

i get razor bumps even though i'm supposed to be white

feather blade? my nigga
look into vintage razors tho. i shave with a rhodium plated gilette aristocrat from the 50's, it is MUCH smoother than a merkur. merkur is good place to start though.

I'll make you shave...

I have a beard like a proper wizard

Same. This is the smart man's choice.

>not shaving using your semen

this.
If you use anything else than good old razor blades, you're wasting money

I shave every 2 days, cant remember when I cut myself last time
It's not hard to master it

try badgerandblade.com m8

What are you fucking stupid or something?

I find feather way too harsh for my skin, much prefer either astra sp or personna lab blue, a notch down on sharpness but much smoother, and more than half the price.

>a merkur

doesn't narrow it down, they make plenty of different razors. I have a 37c and it's lovely. also a knockoff futur, the patent expired and now there's a factory in china knocking them out for five bucks instead of fifty, grab one on ebay.

the soy way

I also have psoriasis on my face and hairline/scalp, only way to treat is with UV light so sometimes I have random red sunburns on my face feels bad man, I also have psoriasis on my groin but it's not like I ever get laid so who cares

I got mine at a head shop that sold knives along with a dope leather wrapped flask

I'm not a smart man...

Against the grain just feels more natural to me.

>falling for the roastie tricks
NEVER use magic for selfish reasons, fate worse than death awaits you

I only shave my neck line

>It's not hard to master it
Exactly this, I am pretty fast now and I rarely (if ever cut myself) and if I do its usually on the top of the lip.

psoriasis is an autoimmune condition. You might have aggravated it by shaving like a retard, but it's not like you wouldn't have had psoriasis otherwise

>tfw havent shaved in like 3 months
I look like a hobo

This is what I do. I normally keep a neatly-trimmed beard, but when I feel like going closer than that, I just use the trigger to effectively reduce it to stubble. Fuck having a baby's ass close shave. That shit ain't worth it.

>b-b-but you're just doing shaving properly user!
Yeah yeah yeah, I've seen the videos about how to properly shave where you spend 300 bucks a year on fresh razors and your meme safety razors and lotions and aftershave and bristle brushes and creams and spending 20 minutes each day doing this entire bullshit ritual. Fuck all that.

>tfw beardlet
>have to shave every 2 days unless I want to end up with a neckbeard and sparse hair on cheeks

theres a lot of meme manliness junk but a safety razor and a pack of blades is actually dirt cheap.

>he fell for the 5 blade meme

3 blades is optimum for disposables

I feel your pain. I've never had problems shaving my face which I do regularly since I have shit growth but boy does it fuck up my groin. I get bumps, ingrown hairs, it sucks ass. I actually have scars and I didn't even shave against the grain. Now I just buzz it with an electric razor and shave my balls if I feel like it. Wish I could grow nice facial hair because I'm lazy and it would probably look good with my hair.

Also, for people that get bumps/irritated skin you should try better shaving cream meaning not from an aerosol can. I use Taylor of Old Bond Street with a badger brush. Apply a shaving oil before the cream for extra lubrication. Smoothest shave I've ever had. After you shower or even in is the best time. Add in an after shave balm with NO alcohol and you shouldn't have any irritation. It's a bit expensive to start I'll admit, but worth it IMO.

To people using the safety razor - do I need to use a shitton of shaving cosmetics with it or will just softening the hair with warm water be enough? Currently I'm using disposable plastic razors and I can't be arsed to use anything like conditioner.

I shave with a machine, the only problem is i cant seem to get a nice shave on the neck and theres some hairs there but easily removed with a bit of soap and a razor.

I know, right
I'm just reffering to Koebner phenomenon from microdamage to the skin while shaving

>Yeah yeah yeah, I've seen the videos about how to properly shave where you spend 300 bucks a year on fresh razors

razor blades are cheap as fuck, you get a 100 pack for less than ten dollars, it's much cheaper that all these 3/5/7 blade cartridge crap that people buy into.

you only end up spending dumb money like that if you're retarded and go down the rabbit hole of trying every type of razor and blade and soap and aftersahve like me ;_;

Just buy a can of shaving cream its like two bucks

I just use decent soap and hot water. Afterwards I apply aftershave. Never had a problem but it depends on your skin I guess. You got to experiment a bit

Gillette razors > Safety razors
Discuss

>wet face and put on a layer of Cremo followed by a layer Aveeno shave gel
>shave only with the grain except on lower half of neck where I south to north (across grain)
>put on some aloe vera gel afterwards and some aftershave balm
>rinse razor in a jar of 99% alcohol

>after shower at night, rub down face with stridex salicylic acid pad to help prevent razor bumps
>use a moisturizer

it just werks

No idea. I never have a clean shave because I hate the feel of stubble, so I just use an electric hair razor.

>he fell for the 3 blade meme

1 blade is optimum for disposables

no really, you know gillette make a one blade cartridge? they just don't put it out in western countries because everyone buys into the 3+ blade advertising and they can charge a fortune for them.

go on ebay and you can get a hundred of them, gillette guard it's called, from like india or china, for what you'd pay for a half a dozen mach 3 or fusion cartridges.

it's all marketing flash, you don't need more than one blade.

Where do you get 99% alcohol? Only seen 91...

>If razor is a little old
What? Blades are like 10cents a pop man.

I have hemophilia and shave with a straight razor, ama.