4:3 is better for television. I wish it would come back

4:3 is better for television. I wish it would come back.

I hate how modern movies are all extremely thin vertically, it makes you feel like you have chink eyes
4:30 is too thin horizontally though
16:9 is the best out of those three aspect ratios
I guess 16:10 would be a great aspect ratio for a film because that's close to the golden ratio
Never seen a 16:10 film though

16:10 is a meme aspect ratio

You must be 12 if you call something a "meme" with nothing to back up your claim

kys meme

I like 4:3 better for everything. Frames people better.

He's right though. Contrarians on Sup Forums memed it out of obscurity. It's actually the one of the rare occasions that calling something a meme is actually 100% accurate.

4:3 is superior for film too. Way more aesthetically pleasing and focused.

Wasn't it traditionally only for monitors anyway?

yeah, but retard bandwagoners/poorfags ignore the productivity argument and think that it is a one size fit all kind of thing so they meme about 16:10 being the best aspect ratio for everything

>tfw Twin Peaks: The Return wasn't filmed in kino 4:3

>contrarians
Thinking that something close to the golden ratio is a good ratio is a mainstream opinion

:9 is the best because it represent the ratio of the human eye.

Bullshit.

Besides, why does it matter? I'm not trying to see something as if it's through the human eye, I just want to watch something on a TV.

But your eyes are human,16:9 is the best fit for you

>tons of 16:9 monitors
>barely any 16:10 monitors
>mainstream
>not contrarian
I love pretending it's opposite day too.

Apple uses 16:10 ratio for their computers and macbooks, and Apple is extremely popular

From a technical point of view 16:9 is superior for tv, but from a real world perspective 4:3 is better. Watching Frasier on Netflix in 4:3 made realize just how much empty space or useless clutter they have when filming in 16:9.

yeah the problem is as HD was introduced they didn't have 4:3 HD cameras or something. the only 4:3 high def show i can think of is the old twilight zones

Yeah, the wasted space is one of my big issues. In 4:3 everything is tight and everything has a purpose.

Why? 90% of films are 2.39:1.

16:9 makes the most sense for a device like a television that will play many types of visual media. It is the mathematically determined median shape that will best fit all other aspect ratios. 4:3 may be a fine ratio for a sitcom, but it sure does suck to try and watch anything anamorphic on a square tv.

Forgot my pic
4:3 was on the way out anyway by the time the first digital HD cinema cameras were coming into use. Technically any television show filmed on 35mm film can be scanned at up to 6k resolution if anyone cared enough. Imagine the next Seinfeld remaster with kramer's hair in 4k!