The pussiest antagonist in any fantasy series of all time

The pussiest antagonist in any fantasy series of all time.
>wands are just multi purpose guns
>can't even kill one kid
>can't even destroy a school
Sure he took over the government, but that government was already shitty

>B-but user, he killed people!
Everyone does that shit.

inb4 "No!"

Reminder that Voldemort's death scene originally had a corpse, as a reminder that he was nothing more than a bratty child who wanted power and in the end was still mortal, but instead they had him cheesily flake away.

Why the fuck were time turners a thing?

Why the fuck weren't they used to save Harry's parents or reverse a lot of the shit that Voldemort fucked up? Seriously, the best use Rowling came up with for a device that can alter the time space continuum is allowing Hermoine to take more classes. And then she realized she wrote herself into a corner and dropped them from the plot completely until every time turner in the world reappeared in the same room in the Ministry of Magic and all got destroyed at the same time with 100% success, so they could stop being a plot device forever.

Dreadful.

the fact that the elder wand belonged to harry was bullshit. draco wasnt even using the elder wand when harry disarmed him so it shouldnt have done shit.

it's very fitting for one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Grow up, adult child

Time turners actually make good sense (surprisingly enough). They can't alter the past, they just create a stable loop where what happens due to the time turner always happens. (Like when Harry is rescued by himself, and then goes on to rescue himself).

This is retarded. Time travel is clearly fucking closed loop in Harry Potter. You have already changed the past, you cannot do anything to change the past, especially if it's events you as the traveller have witnessed. Hence how events from original Harry's perspective are the same before and after he later uses the time turner.

There's loads of plot holes. Like the horcruxes. Why not put them into a grain of sand in the ocean or something? Or, a better question, why put them in things that will eventually die naturally?

Shit films, even worse books.

>No relevant and humorous opening.
>No Atlas Shrugged in God-Tier.
This is the bare bones of the pasta, you can (and should) do better.

Not according to the 8th book

Voldemort was all powerful except for a handful of characters with plot armor.

>closed loop paradox

Fuck off, its bad writing. Why did no one go back in a 'closed loop' to stop Voldemort at anything? To say it already happened so can't be changed but it happened because you changed it is like ending a story with 'it was all a dream'

Please don't start this argument again. For the love of God please do not start this argument again.
t. /tg/

It isn't even the Clifford version

There isn't an eighth book.

But yeah, that shit in that is retarded, ain't defending that

>that time Rowling said she didn't say hermione was white
Bitch, you mentioned her pale skin more than once

You can't create a loop unless you have already formed a loop.
I wilfully ignore that monstrosity. But if we must accept it, you're right.

>/tg/
Why do you hate actual art, soyboy?

Disgraceful.

>Harry Potter being in B
>Hunt for Red October being in E
Is /lit/ actually retarded?

why is Lord of the Rings shit-tier?
Was that a rewrite or something?

Grow up already.