Why the FUCK can't Snyder make his damn movie like the comics?

Why the FUCK can't Snyder make his damn movie like the comics?

Oh wait...

>Oh wait...
I'm tired, just get to the point.

Why make the same thread twice

Because you need to get it through your skull that Snyder is at the very least adapting A comic version of the JL (the Johns comic) faithfully.

For instance, even though Aquaman looks different, he does the exact same thing with his spear in the new trailer as in this picture.

Geoff himself is probably whispering in Snyder's ear.

bump

>DC movies are shit because DC comics are shit

>DC comics are shit

poop

Here you go OP.
Wonder Woman is too meaty and Cyborg doesn't look like crumpled foil, but fix'd for accuracy.

see
The no colors meme is getting old.

It's like Aquaman leaped off the page.

see
>For instance, even though Aquaman looks different, he does the exact same thing with his spear in the new trailer as in this picture.

Agreed, Superman's heat vision should fill that panel with a blinding red glare that makes all the action completely unrecognizeable.

Which happens in Snyder films because every blast of light dazzles you against the dark colorless background.

So do they have no colors or are the colors blinding?

Superman and Green Lantern aren't in the movie, though. Also this page looks better and actually has colors in it.

Clearly the entire movie takes place in the dark, and everytime someone uses a power it's a blinding technicolor light show.
I mean, Steppenwolf is swinging an axe, and it's a 4th of July lightshow.
But I'm sure you think all this blur and glare looks fantastic, since you linked to an image where you can barely discern what's happening.

>and actually has colors in it.
see
Or see my picture.

And Superman is in the movie.
Also, the movie Parademons have a better design.

>Clearly the entire movie takes place in the dark
????
Have you seen more than the 2 and a half minutes of footage that I have?

Because even in that footage, Lois, Aquaman, and Bruce have daytime shots.

>man with super speed should not be a blur

this nigga

I'm talking action scenes, not people standing around out of costume.
Every Cyborg scene except this one apparently takes place at midnight.

Snyder's philosophy is clearly that the CGI fighting doesn't look as cheesy if it's filmed like Pacific Rim.

>nyder's philosophy is clearly that the CGI fighting doesn't look as cheesy if it's filmed like Pacific Rim.
Isn't that common wisdom though? Brightly lit CG usually looks worse.
That's why Jurassic Park still holds up.

>DCfriend will actually defend this level of filtering
>Will actually use it to promote the movie.

But the reason I hated Johns and Lee's JLA was because it was clearly meant to be the big dumb blockbuster action movie version of the Justice League's origin, right down to the executive decisions of "it should have Cyborg cuz diversity and Darkseid and parademons in their lamest, most braindead form cuz normies understand 'evil aliens led by big evil alium'"

The only reason that comic EXISTS is to be the storyboard for the movie, and so DC defenders like OP can point at it and go "SEE IT'S JUST LIKE MUH CANON", even as that story is de-canonized.

TL,DR: I hated it when the comics do it, why would I like it now that it's filmed? Because they set it to rock music?

The entire trailer looks as if you're viewing it through sunglasses.
That's not a good thing.

>will actually defend this level of filtering
Can you explain what's bad about it?

Filters are Satan.

>That's not a good thing.
*you don't like it
FTFY

>even as that story is de-canonized.
?

...except there's several keyframe moments in Jurassic Park where you see CGI dinosaurs in broad daylight.

Such as the very first fucking time you see them.

The T rex hunting galomimus herd scene.

And it's not quite broad daylight, but the T-rex is pretty well lit at the end too. And all these shots hold up really well and help immerse you in the belief that those dinosaurs are real, living things.

The point being, if you have faith in your FX team, which you prrrobably should if you're making a multi-million dollar blockbuster in 2017, they should be able to put their creation under daylight.

>Such as the very first fucking time you see them.
And it looks like shit.

>he is a 12 year old who just read John's shitty New52 Babby's First Justice Leage comic

>Babby's First Justice Leage
No that would be the saturday morning cartoon.

As much as I often like Jim Lee, this Darkseid and New Gods redesigns are shit. Mot of his New52 designs were shit.

How can you fuck up Kirby so bad? And now they are going with those designs for the film.

Fucking Thor at Marvel did better with classic Kirby alien designs than this garbage.

Thor and even fucking Jupiter Rising are probrably gonna be better New Gods films than this trash.

>?
Rebirth is retconning away Flashpoint's retconning of the timeline, so while we're in that weird place of not knowing exactly what's canon, I think it's safe to assume the Nu52 JLA stuff is no longer since it contradicts the both the Teen Titans' history (which is essential to restoring pre-52 Wally West) and the Fourth World's history with Earth.

>And now they are going with those designs for the film.
No?

No. The Saturday morning cartoon was more mature and inteligent than that shit. Certainly better than Snyder's garbage.

Just because something is animated, that does not make it bad or only for kids.

Warners has forgotten this.

They used to be an animation power house.

They could have become the Disney of action film animation. Instead they crank out desaturated grabge capeshit.

>How can you fuck up Kirby so bad? And now they are going with those designs for the film.
I was so fucking salty when I saw that shit.

>...THAT'S supposed to be Steppenwolf?!
Pictured: Sir Not Appearing In This Film

>that does not make it bad or only for kids.
No, but the DCAU was most definitely targeted at children.

Yeah. Shitty Jim Lee Parademons.
It is like I am really reading and Wildcats or X-Men comic in the 90s.

DC shouldn't look like 90s Image leftovers.

Those don't look the same are you blind?

You say that as if it is a bad thing.

The fuck is wrong with adults and kids enjoying a fucking Justice League movie.

Time to grow out of being an "edgy" 14 year old, son.

I had to look again to make sure I was on Sup Forums and not Sup Forums or Sup Forums.

It is the basis for them.
Hollywood designers just added more stupid shit on top of Lee's already shitty 90s design.

why does supes seem to have massive abdominal cancer here?

Again, no.
The BvS Parademons are much less blocky than Lee's.
I think you're blind.

>Time to grow out of being an "edgy" 14 year old, son.
We're all older than both the primary audience of the DCAU and 14 years old.

So why is it better to channel your inner ten year old than your inner 14 year old?

go home ayn rand

thank god the water is blue at least.

I saw this thread yesterday. Is this the new disney shill spam?

>tfw the only director to have made a sequence resembling a splash page was Whedon in AoU
>Sup Forums hated it because muh swarm of robots

>Snyder adapting Johns' Justice League
>Not Morrison's Final Crisis

What a waste.

So your argument is that because they're fighting a Parademon army, that means Snyder's movies are like the comics despite the characterisation being way off.

Visually it may look like it, but the DCEU sure as hell aint like the comics

>Superman who doesn't inspire
>Batman who kills indiscriminately
>Lex Luthor is Max Landis
And not Snyder, but
>Joker actually seems to care about Harley more than as mere property

Now I'm not arguing whether or not the films are good. That's a debate for another time, but your argument falls apart under real fucking minor scrutiny mate.

It holds up pretty well for a film that's about 25 years old.

A quarter of a century is a hell of a long time in film.

All he knows how to do is ape the visuals of others competently on screen.

Looking good does not mean the film itself is good.

lol

Because 14 year olds are pretentious assholes.

Gotta remove Superman and GL.

Yes?

Superman is in the movie though.
And Green Lantern Corps is AT LEAST in the works, meaning WB isn't afraid of trying him again.

BANE?

You realize that things change from design to on screen, right? So they streamlined it. I know it is not exactly the same, but I see how they derived the movie version from Lee's.

I am saying the movie designers started with Lee's redesigns, not Kirby's originals. So I expect a shitty over designed Darkseid too.

I guess I am used to seeing Hollywood, in both good and bad ways, evolve movie costumes from the original comic designs. Obviously they are different, but I can see how the film designers took from Lee's.

I can still go back as an adult and enjoy Batman TAS and other DCAU. I even got my cousin's kid a collection of the animated series comics.

Meanwhile, I find Snyder's garbage juvinile as fuck as an adult. I called my cousin to warn them about how bad it was. They eventually saw it on cable and turned it off halflway because how off it seemed to them. He asked me why it was so bad when I next saw him. I said that Hollywood plain sucks. They ruin things you love.

I learned it a bit older when Schumacher's Batman & Robin came out.

Yet at least Warners learned from that mistake. They are still giving Snyder films.

>So I expect a shitty over designed Darkseid too.
I mean, Lee's Darkeid isn't really that different, other than being a bit too busy.

I don't mind his Darkseid.
I like the omega symbol.
PLUS
Snyder likes drab colors so he'll probably be closer in color to Kirby's original/Final Crisis Darksied.

Mad Max Fury Road is literally BLUE AND ORANGE: THE MOVIE and people love it.

I dunno mate, I find it just as easy to "tune in" to what Snyder is doing as what the DCAU did.

Plus, cartoon visuals, however colorful, are usually more simplistic than comic art/live action.

it was a Saturday night cartoon, you fucks

Oh, EXUSEEEEE MEEEEE.

;^))))))))

Madrid Max was made by competent people. This movie is made by the Sucker Punch fag.

While Snyder showed that he can't even read Miller Bats and understand what is happening on the story.

>Mad Max Fury Road is literally BLUE AND ORANGE: THE MOVIE and people love it.
yeah, but then again, Australia is literally BLUE AND ORANGE: THE CONTINENT

blue and orange is not inherently bad, it's just that everyone uses it because it looks good and is easy. Some (George Miller) use it more effectively than others (Zack "The Hack" Snyder)

Every single Kirby thing we got in BVS and in the Justice League trailer looked like shit.
They took the nu-52 redesigns and Snyder-fied then into an even more over-designed mess.

you dont think miller's made bad films? I mean Sucker Punch ended up not even being what Snyder actually wanted to make.

Sounds like you guys have your minds made up.
Fury Road, in my opinion, unable to sustain excitement after about the first hour.
Needed more meat to the story to make me care about the action.

>Snyder-fied then into an even more over-designed mess.
BvS parademons look less blocky and ugly than Lee's though.

>talking about the look of a movie
>THE STORY WASN'T THAT INTERESTING
those goalposts must be heavy

????
You JUST said that the visuals worked because of Miller's skill, then lambasted Snyder's storytelling ability.

You are completely insane.

I was saying the blue and orange works in Mad Max because Miller is a good director, while it does not work in Snyder's films because he is a bad director

Fury Road seemed to be more of a film about aesthetics and action rather then a more typical three act blockbuster, which i think it achieved very well for the most part.

I mean yeah its a subjective matter anyway, but you gotta judge a film on what it tries to d, not what it doesnt

>while it does not work in Snyder's films because he is a bad director
exactly
I never moved any goalposts.

>Adapting Johns JLA

Holy fuck why? Just use the Hyperclan arc from Morrison's run.

Or just take an old silver age Gardner Fox story and modernize it. All of his stories were pretty tight storyboards, just add character.

>Just use the Hyperclan arc from Morrison's run.

They have to use something the average mouth breathing theater goer will understand.

Ok...
So?

>So?
Remember all the posts about Snyder hating comics? The not muhs?

Sup Forums doesnt read comics

OP BTFO

back to buzzfeed cockgobbler

Like, they look almost exactly the same. What are you talking about?

????
Posting something twice makes it wrong?
Explain your thought process please.

see

>Extremist heroes show up
>Promise to change the world, start executing people, turn the Sahara into an oasis
>Battle of ideas becomes actual battle when they drop their disguise and reveal that they're all white martians
>Batman has his Batgod moment
>Big battle
>"We're here to catch them if they fall"

How would that be hard to do? If they really don't want to use Martian Manhunter switch the White Martians into a remnant faction of Zod's Kryptonians that managed to stay on Earth in secret.

It's not hard to make a good JLA movie. It's really not.

You overestimate normies.

If he's adapting Johns JLA he clearly hasn't read a lot of JLA.

There's a good reason Nu52 got half-retconned back into New Earth.

you don't have to use Morrison language to adapt a Morrison story

>he clearly hasn't read a lot of JLA.
OR, maybe, just maybe, it's because Johns is the DCEU advisor now?

Then what's the point?

>Johns is DCEU advisor

That does not mean Snyder has to listen to him.

I don't get Cereal King sometimes. His JSA was one of the greatest cape books of all time and then he does something horrible like JLA.

>His JSA was one of the greatest cape books of all time
it was good but let's not go crazy here

>That does not mean Snyder has to listen to him.
But why wouldn't he?
Johns is well versed in lore, comes from the comics, and has made very popular comics.

Why is it wrong that Snyder would think that people would want to see a Johns comic adapted?

They're less blocky for the same reason the superheroes are less blocky, because they need to more or less have the dimensions of real human beings.

Apart from that, it is entirely the same design.

Because if he really knew comics he would know that Johns is good on some stories and garbage on others.

If he really knew comics he would know how to be discriminating. He wouldn't defer his comic knowledge to someone with a biased stake in the movie (its John's arc that's getting adapted).

Well, he could have actually the comic in question and deduced it was shit like any normal person, but apart from that...

>it is entirely the same design.
Look at the god damn faces you blind retard.
Lee's looks like a crocodile/lizard. Snyder's does not.

But again, why would you expect him to think that Johns isn't as well liked as he seems?

Most people LOVE stuff like Blackest Night.

Sup Forums does not represent the average comic fan.