Anyone think the MCU is reaching critical mass...

Anyone think the MCU is reaching critical mass? It seems that Marvel is insistent to keep the character ratio the same and just focus on the same group of Avengers. I'm doubtful that post Infinity Wars MCU would be that different that what we have currently.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=snVL-g4eqOo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The MCU lost me around Thor 2 when I realized they hadn't made anything nearly as good as Iron Man 1 since.

people have been thinking MCU has reached critical mass since Age of Ultron.

I personally started thinking that post Civil War, but we're yet to see it slow down.

>I'm doubtful that post Infinity Wars MCU would be that different that what we have currently.
what we have currently is a massively successful franchise loved by critics and audiences alike, so why change it?

Because it got boring 5 movies ago?

>can still make a billion on a single movie
apparently not to anyone else

I dunno m8, it took me like 3 movies worth of inertia to realize I wasn't enjoying them. People are dumb and don't change habits.

Infinity Wars is probably going to be the biggest we'll get, unless they do Secret Wars, but that would require actually setting up other dimensions...maybe 4 movies a year at that point.

Change keeps things alive. If we're stuck with Iron man, Thor, Cap, etc post Infinity Wars, wouldn't that be a letdown after how huge they promised Infinity Wars to be?

Live-action capeshit literally cannot die soon enough.

>Luis The Eternal
>Luis tha God

kek

I think the MCU is going to run out of the "mash together to make feel alluring" factor. Avengers was big because 5 films were merging. Age of Ultron didn't do that same thing, so it didn't feel as special. Civil War had Spider-Man brought in. Infinity Wars will be Avengers meets Guardians.

And then that's the pinnacle. Marvel isn't going to merge Defenders with Avengers, and we can't have FF and X-Men merge with anything either. The former if done would be another spark of interest to see the TV and movies merge, but the X-Men in the MCU would be HUGE. Like, that probably would be as big as Infinity Wars if that happened.

Still, without those mashups, interest would probably wan. Unless some new franchise comes out in Phase 4 that's a massive hit nobody was expecting, which would be what? Thunderbolts? A Spider-Verse film? There's no tip of the tongue titles I can think of that would be the next GOTG.

Technically yes because it will eventually stop someday, and every new day is one step closer to that.

But I don't see any signs of it stopping, at least not this year.

Nah, I'm hyped as fuck for both Guardians and Spider-Man.

I like quips too but I wouldn't say no if they released marvel movies with a different tone now and then.

We're entering the time I really wanted to happen so long ago, where studios are starting to bleed franchises dry. Like, sure, Marvel will make sequels, but how do you sustain 3 Ant-Man films? 3 Black Panther films? 3 Captain Marvel films? Aren't Klawue, Man-Ape and Killmonger all in the first Black Panther film? That's literally the only three Black Panther villains I know used in the first film! Will Carol just be lumped with Kamala Khan in her films? How the hell will they sustain so much Spider-Man when they're actively avoiding all stuff the previous films have done?

Then you got the X-Men franchise. Where the fuck do they go from here? Logan is almost like the final X-Men film. Sony is desperately trying to get Spider-Man Spinoffs, which probably would mean more speed up of every little Spider-Man character, like Silver Sable and Black Cat vs. Mr. Negative or every symbiote in the Venom franchise.

You know how fans always have those stories they want to see translated to film? We're at the point where there is no clear consensus among fans on what they want to see anymore. Like, remember prior to Phase 3, people wanted Civil War, Planet Hulk, Ragnarok, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange and Black Panther? Well where do we go now? Because the only thing I see fans wanting from around the web is a Young Avengers film for Phase 4, and when Runaways was put on Hulu, there's a fat chance of that ever happening.

>Where the fuck do they go from here?
What?
They have tons of stuff.
The Tal Shiar, Mr. Sinister etc

>Absorbing Man
>gets hard by touching things

You say those things, but what the hell type of movie can you build around those ideas? Is Mr. Sinister going to be some sort of clone saga film? How will the Shiar really interact with the X-Men set in their current universe?

After IW some contracts are over, I only recall Evans saying he wouldn't mind more movies as Cap. CW hyped people for Spidey an BP solos. I guess they can keep stong until Avengers 6 or so. Then go nuts, have a howard the duck triology, crossover with fox,spiderman vs amazing spiderman 2 billion film, etc.

>but what the hell type of movie can you build around those ideas?
A profitable one?
You seem high on your fantasies of doom.

Logan was such good closure for the X-Men franchise that it's hard to come back from that. The last X-Men film was Apocalypse. It's really difficult to head anywhere meaningful after that.

>>Muh Dark Phoenix

Sure, I guess. Do that overrated story again. But they are running out of endgoals for that franchise outside making constant Deadpool stuff.

Well, you sure seem convinced.

>luis

damn fucking right

>Vision is more powerful than Thor

As much as i love the MCU, i still have yet to see anything that could match this level of hype..

youtube.com/watch?v=snVL-g4eqOo

>>Gamora
>>Green Whore

Well, yeah. I think the X-Men franchise has ran its course.

There was so simple about Phase 1 that I miss. Like, there was a charm of everything just starting to happen.I feel like it's just gone now.

Feels good knowing how wrong you are.

>Daredevil
>Hates killing bad guys but loves beating them into comas

>walking infinity stone more powerful than asgardian
film at 11:00

i dunno i got a bit of that feeling with dr strange , captain marvel will really be the figurehead for the next stage of the marvel project so I am holding judgement till after that and black panther

Genres eventually run their course. Westerns, Nior, etc... Let DC put out enough critical bombs ,Marvel keep using the same template & we'll see diminishing returns set in by 2020.