THE FORCE AWAKENS VS ROGUE ONE

Okay guys seriously, what Movie was better and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xiFck6h6VaA
youtube.com/watch?v=I7jTfgXfaCU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

TFA and it wasn't even close.

both of them are nostalgia bait for fat manchildren but TFA had likeable characters at least

they're both shit just like every other star wars movie

the better movie was new hope

Rogue One is a better movie.

Let me be clear though: It's still a shit movie. The characters are barely one-note, the movie itself is a mess of contrivances...but it's got some nice visuals. And it manages to ride A New Hope's cock, and actually manage to feel like a Star Wars movie.

The Force Awakens is a failure of a movie in every way possible. Fuck it.

If I had to choose, I'd go with R1, simply because it actually followed the story that came before it without being a blatant rip off of something we'd already seen.
TFA would have been a 18/10 had it not been associated with Star Wars™

TFA has zero likable characters

at least the villian in RO was likable

Rogue One. Not even close. Redditledditmedia need not respond.

no

>I LIEK STER WERS

When I first saw RO I went in not really knowing anything about it and expecting a dumpster fire so when it ended I was really impressed. After a rewatch I see it has problems but I still like it more than TFA. It's a different type of story for star wars and its ridiculous that despite being set in the OT time period it felt more original than anything in TFA.

GOAT

Rouge one atleast tried to tell a different story instead of being a remake of a New Hope like TFA

>rouge

>wich is better story wars this wan o this wan

>muh visual tour de force
>muh digital painting experiment
>muh poetry
>muh motifs

TFA. Rogue One had a lot of technical filmmaking problems.

saved

Rogue One because it felt like a star wars story. TFA felt like a fan tribute video.

>Let me be clear though: It's still a shit movie. The characters are barely one-note, the movie itself is a mess of contrivances...but it's got some nice visuals. And it manages to ride A New Hope's cock, and actually manage to feel like a Star Wars movie.

I don't know how you can honestly say that about R1 and not apply it word for word with TFA. If I never saw SW, I could enjoy TFA as a movie. R1 I would be lost. Who was the cartoon woman at the end? It's too much a fanservice movie. TFA at least gives you some background information, even if it's a single sentence. The movie has a simple plot to follow, with nice visuals and popcorn action.

beautiful

>lets have a civilized discussion on wich one of these star wars is the bes- oh wait, its time

>SLUUUUURP

Both are shit and suffer from the same problems but R1 at least had nice visuals and the third act was actually entertaining so I would have to say R1 is better. I really can't think of anything I like about TFA. While R1 characters were flat, the the characters in TFA are completely unlikable with Poe being a non character.

>I could enjoy TFA as a movie

How? It's absolute garbage. It's filmed like a TV show, the characters don't make any sense, it's left with gaping, GAPING holes for "insert a fix later" plot devices.

TFA relies so heavily on the other movies existing that it's literally movie vomit.

They were both unbelievably shitty. But I would take RO, at least that had some good action scenes.

>gulpgulpgulp

!!!Attention, the opinion of a wise person!!!
>SW 4
8/10
>SW 5
8/10
>SW 6
7/10
>SW 1
6/10
>SW 2
6/10
>SW 3
6.5/10
>SW7
5.5/10
>SW rogue one
5/10

there were less cis white male heroes in rogue one I think so I'm gonna go with that being the better movie

>Where was we?
>oh yeah stoy wares, 'look watch the force' classic reference right folks?

IM SORRY user

I liek start worms too

>splorg blorg blarbsplarborg

Sure is same fag around here,nice trips though

force awakens.

rogue one is a movie that is based entirely around character interactions. yet none of the characters are memorable, and none of them have chemistry with each other.

force awakens has a few scenes, particularly the interactions between finn and han solo, where there was actual chemistry. if the movie was just about finn and han getting into adventures, and rey being mysterious and getting almost no screen time, the movie would have worked really well. instead they fucked it, and you realize rey isnt 'mysterious' shes just shallow and boring as a character.

that said, i think rogue one easily could have been the better movie, and it tried, at least, to do some interesting things. it could have been good and had moments that could have been great -- for instance, vader at the end about to get the disc, vader should have been the one to toss the disc into the rebel escaping ship. that would have developed more the idea that vader hated palpatine, and wanted to be a thorn in his side behind the scenes, or potentially could have showed vaders hubris, that he thought letting them have the disc might allow cause the rebels to expose themselves, and force a short confrontation instead of unending guerilla warfare which the empire didnt want to fight.

but really rogue one just had a very weak script all along the board. its possible that with a better script even given the same actors it could have been quite good, given there were some good actors in the film.

Rogue One has
>Original ship designs
>Memorable and original locations/set pieces
>Original characters
>memorable action scenes
>Despite not being directly about the Jedi it still gives plenty of new lore about them with Jedha and it's temple
>The destruction of Jedha has actual emotional impact unlike the destruction of the Hosian system
>Jedha is a desert planet that doesn't feel like a Tatooine clone
>Old aliens
>New aliens with good designs
>Has iconic planets such as Coruscant and Mustafar

Rogue One is super weak with its characters (you could at least remember the character names in TFA without having to look at the wiki) but it blows TFA out of the water everywhere else.

TFA because you can remember the main characters name.

I seriously know a ton of people who raved about this movie months after it happened but nobody, NOBODY, can remember that girls name. Let alone the side characters! They know the damn robot most times but the main character? Nope! That movie's whole case is so forgettable nobody can remember the most basic information.

Even the ones who don't remember Rey can remember Kylo Ren.

Also
>K-2SO has an amazing new design we have never seen before, great actor, and can actually fight which we haven't seen a good droid do before.

also, just wanted to add an example of finn + han solo

youtube.com/watch?v=xiFck6h6VaA

if you just watch the scenes with han and finn you see movie thats actually fun, with great chemistry and doesnt take it self too seriously. what the force awakens could have been.

>deciding between shit or shit

Rogue One, cuz bunnyfu is in it

shit tastes

>SW 4
8/10
>SW 5
9/10
>SW 6
7/10
>SW 1
4/10
>SW 2
2/10
>SW 3
unironically KINO/10
>SW7
6/10
>SW rogue one
5/10

>SW 1, 2, 3
at least he tried to make something new

Rouge one > TFA

Rogue one was more enjoyable even though I only remember the main character's name

it stil doesn't change the fact that the prequels are badly written, specially the dialogues
but it doesn't matter because the aliens look cool, am I rite lads? xD

This, seriously. At least Gareth Edwards knew what made Star Wars Star Wars.

Vader wasn't anti-Palpatine until he learned his son was alive. That would have been terrible if Vader tried to sabotage.

Rouge One was a lot better, but no Star Wars movie will ever be as exciting as the first one (IV) ever again.

Have you seen ANH recently? It's fucking terrible when you remove the nostalgia glasses. Literally nothing happens for an insane amount of time, something like 45-60 minutes.

rogue one, because it was more authentic

indeed

Wow, you are really upset about JL bombing.

lmao

>ONLY OPPOSITE BRAND CAPESHIT FANS WOULD HATE CAPESHIT HAHAHA I SEE YOU NOW

5>4>3=6>RO>1=7>2

This. the beach assault was actually nice. Almost felt like a kid watching the return to naboo again.

ROG ON IS BETUR THAN FORS AWABEMS

Quality meme. Did your mom pick it out for you?

YEBS

They were both just OK. TFA was slightly better. TLJ will blow them away because of the based Israeli director

I havent watched it in a few years, but the last time I watched it I kept noting to myself that the downtime between action was perfectly alloted.

why? the sith rule of two is based on the constant attempts of the apprentice trying to kill the master. i dont read eu, but if vader wasn't actively trying to plot how to kill sidious and take his place, he was disappointing sidious.

the point is, sidious cant get soft because he has anakin hard on his ass all the time, which is a really good motivator for him to stay strong, and is useful if he runs into sticky situations further along the road

>Pic
I need explain

has everyone seen this yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=I7jTfgXfaCU

rogue one was just as bad as the force awakens

This. True cinema.

TFA was paint-by-numbers shit but at least it was a competent movie.
I wanted to like Rogue 1 but it's a mess. Maybe in 10 years when we get a director's cut (which still isn't going to fix the motley crew of nobodies but eh) it'll be better.

>TFA had likeable characters at least

lolololol

By likeable characters you mean Han Solo and Chewbacca then yes. I was more juiced to see R2 than any of the other new faggots and I literally just finished watching it.

Rogue one is mediocre but passable whereas TFA is irredeemable shit. Though the ending scene in rogue one waa God awful.

Based hackfraudmedia

I preferred R1 myself. Better performances, better writing, more original (obviously we knew what the plot was going to be, but it wasn't a plot that we've seen in a live-action Star Wars film before), better costumes. No Rathtars.

CGI Tarkin/Leia were bad, one-liner Vader was bad, and while the movie wasn't as bad as TFA, it was still pretty forgettable.

TFA had better music and better cinematography.

I'd say R1 is better.

>move is rated over 10% below most capeshit
feelsbadman

Correct taste

Both were long and forgetable but atleast Rogue One had the great space battle and final darth vader scene so that one wins over TFA

TFA is better by a mile and TFA was shit

Rogue One is hilariously bad

Rogue one and not even meming, i didnt care about tfa for 2 hours then it got mildly intersting.

R1 had vader and the good guys the empire.

Rogue One is probably the better movie when you look at the unique aspects of it. TFA is just a rehash. BUT Rogue One also feels like a generic action movie with the Star Wars IP inserted. Both movies also suffer from diversity quotas though.

>woah wahn billion tye fiters

i dont get it, this actually looks good. why did the tfa scenes look like such ass?

is it lighting

Both have amazing introductions. As in the first 10 minutes.

Both rely too much on A New Hope.

Rogue One was a visual feast and captured the atmosphere of the OT. That's all it really needed to do to win me over. Plus, as a kid, I was never interested in the mystical aspect of the story. All I ever cared about was the space battles and fleet engagements. R1 was more than I ever could have hoped for.

Probably the best reasoning in here. TFA was just boring, and at some points infuriating.

iRebel

Both of these flicks suck, objectively speaking. It's like comparing loose stool to liquid diarrhea.

TFA is one of the worst big budget movies I've ever seen, it's down there in the abyss with The Hobbit.

>delusional contrarians actually believe this shit because hurr durr disney

If you don't like the mysticism, why do you even like Star Wars? There are better scifi franchises for that kind of stuff.

I hated Rogue One

There were literally no characters. I can't even name one of them besides k2so.

The first hour or so is almost completely pointless. Tons of scenes just straight up didn't matter at all.

Also all of this story to dramatically illustrate how the rebels got the death star plans. You know that one scene in ANH where Leia said it was hard to get and it really didn't matter at all how they got them?

Oh wait there was an epib space battle at the end and Darth Vader turned on his red lightsaber so I gave it a 10/10.

>Rogue One because it felt like a star wars story. TFA felt like a fan tribute video.
^

>BUT Rogue One also feels like a generic action movie with the Star Wars IP inserted
Same is true for TFA.

>watching feminist propaganda

Why can't you accept the fact that they were really bad? Are you that much of a numale manchild that you automatically have to defend the star wars brand no matter what??

Even the prequels are better.

Actual Kino.

That other vader scene though, oh my lord.

They both felt like a fan tribute video

>haha lets have at-ats on this planet cause they are cool
>also Darth Vader shows up too to contribute nothing at all!

Well TFA is basically New Hope with flashier visuals and a more diverse cast. It feels like Star Wars, even if it is a total rehash. I just can't say the same for R1. I don't know what element it is lacking, but it just doesn't do it for me.

TFA actually feels like it takes place in the Star Wars universe. Rogue One feels like fan fiction.

both wrong, they feel like fan fiction spliced with the "cool" characters to give them validity

And by they you mean Rogue One.

I prefer Rogue 1 for being its own self-contained story within the established universe compared to TFA which had a chance not to copy-and-paste plot elements from ANH but failed miserably

That seems to be everything Star Wars these days. They canceled the clone wars show for Rebels set before Anh, TFA was a remake of ANH, Rogue One was a ANH prequel, now a Han Solo origin story and possibly an Old Ben movie fucking around on Tatooine. Now that the last Jedi is coming Rebels is getting canceled so they can create a new show that nostalgiawanks ESB, and TLJ is going to be a remake, we'll probably get a Boba Fett solo film and so on.