Max Landis vs Nick Spencer

Who is right, Sup Forums?

Should Max Landis sue Marvel for stealing his work?

>Landis
>right about anything

He's a one hit wonder.

Well, all comics are basically fanfiction. So Nick's insult doesn't really hit for me. But Max Landis is a rambling jackass.

Also, I don't know Shocker Legit, but having the same two characters fight doesn't seem enough to make a plagiarism claim.

Both should kill themselves

>September 2013
>March 2014
His Shocker fanfic is really shit by the way.

>I don't know Shocker Legit
it's literally an online fanfiction

Good lord, it's an actual fanfic.

I'd assumed it was some pitch that Marvel passed on.

It's not insult, it's literally fanfiction

>>>/reddit/

>We have not read your fan fiction
As if comics are anything but premium fan fiction

>

He clearly meant it as a slight though, but even if he meant it as a completely neutral statement, it still doesn't mean Landis has anything close to reasonable evidence.

of course he meant it as a slight, it's very slight-worthy

it starts out good but gets really indulgent after a while

>two idiots have a dick waving contest on twist

why did you bother to share this? one is a crook and the other is the son of a child murderer.

If Landis and Spencer touched, would they just blink out of existence? Or would they merge into a larger, more insufferable creature?

Yyep. It really quickly becomes pure wank, whereas Superior Foes manages to make Shocker's one win at the very end come over as very deserved. Honestly it's a joke that Landis even made that accusation (everything that goes into prose fanfic vs. everything that goes into a comic? And they aren't even that similar? Come the fuck on) but it was 3-4 years ago now so whatever.

What the fuck is "Shocker", also I hope they destroy each other

He wrote it when he was like uh, 19 actually. And he was only getting into silly twitter fights over it when he was uh 28.

>What the fuck is "Shocker"
stop posting immediately

And he basically stayed a villain in Superior Foes anyway. If anything the fic is more similar in concept to Thunderbolts than Superior Foes is to it. Of course he knows this and likely only even raised the accusation so people would talk about his work.

The first chapter of Shocker:Legit is fun and genuinely entertaining. It deeps right into Mary Sue territory right around the time Reed Richards are amazed by Shocker's gauntlets.

Silly.

Fuck off!

Ignoring the fact that Landis' work is literal fanfiction, with American superhero comics regurgitating tropes over and over again it's no surprise that one run reads very similar to another (hypothetical) run

>posting tweets from years ago to start fights
Why are you all posting?

I think people need to realize at this point. If your fanfiction is good there's literally nothing you can do to stop them from taking how ever much they want of it. You have no publishing rights to them, they have all the publishing rights, most people would never see your story. You could prove they explicitly read and took your story and you'd still have VERY little standing because they're actions do you no legal harm. You were never entitled to use those characters and you never intended to pitch that story to DC, so since there was never any offer made you basically just wrote that as freelance for free.

And most people don't have a "unique" story. Only a unique combination of characters. And if those characters are written in-character then there are only a certain amount of stories that could be told with them.

Well i guess that would shock her

Nick Spencer yelled at me on twitter once.

Nick Spencer yelling at people on twitter? How shocking.

I said if i was American i would have voted third party he responded:Than god you are not we got enough idiots already.

Has Nick Spencer ever written anything original worth reading? Max at least creates original stories.

The Fix is alright

also go to bed Max

>either you are with my team or against it
Basically. The funniest part of the whole ordeal was fucks like Spencer triggered over Berniefans.
You can only subscribe to one liberalism! Not anyone else's!!!

Max's """"original stories"""" are shit: American Ultra, Me Him Her, Victor Frankenstein, and Mr Right were all shit.

Even Captain Hydra was better than America Alien.

Yeah it was weird seeing how that went down, even some people abroad bought that shit and started hating on Bernie, a friend of mine even used the he is a fucking white male line.

Is Spencer still a Hillshill ?

Underrated post

>Is Spencer still a Hillshill ?
The biggest.

So he supports the bombing of small brown children in the middle east then? Sounds like a nazi to me.

#alternativefacts

what the heck

bait

>slightly unrelated
Joe Eisma is really low key and cool but I'll never give Morning Glories a chance because I associate Spencer with internet tantrums. (Also I liked Bedlam and I have very low forgiveness for abandoned stories.) Point being, Spencer is hurting every one of his Image books when he does this.

Or look at the Sup Forums-favorite The Fix...I mean...Lieber seems rad as fuck....but I can't disassociate Spencer's persona from the "angry college sophomore" that he portrays on twitter. Why would I be in a rush to support someone who seems to resent fans? (Hickman, Spencer, etc)

>Hickman
>seems to resent fans
he is actively trolling

none of those are "his" stories tho, just movies her wrote for, he didnt produce and direct

even american alien was confirmed as having a lot of executive interference

momentery escape from the grim truths of reality

Hickman is nice and likes his fans. He just trolls the autistic ones.

I will admit, I don't use twitter and only see the tweets of his that bubble up to other sites, so, you guys may have a point.

So it was a prophetic encapsulation of Max Landis' entire career?

>Spencer is an asshole any normal human being would hate
>Landis is a pretty cool guy who makes schlocky movies and comics but that's okay because lol

Wait why do we hate Landis at all?

>Wait why do we hate Landis at all?
because this
>>Landis is a pretty cool guy who makes schlocky movies and comics but that's okay because lol
isn't true, Max

I liked American Alien

>It's a Max burns bridges episode

Max.....Landis.... Why do.....you type......like.....this????

Some shitty Spiderman villain

Honestly it could be a slight if editors still did anything. Actual stories would have to meet some level of quality before being published, but we know that doesn't happen anymore.

Can't they both just die in a helicopter accident already?

>Max Landis
>Indulgent

Next you'll tell me water is wet.

I want to like Landis but he just seems so full of himself.

The fanfic really becomes worthless exactly when we find out about Shocker's past and his daddy issues.

Because of course Max Landis wrote about daddy issues.

He's trying to do pauses for emphasis.

he has to be able to PROVE that Nick Spencer and/or his editor on the book read his fan-fiction or had some knowledge of it and its premise/plot

>Also I liked Bedlam and I have very low forgiveness for abandoned stories

its (mostly) not Spencer's fault that Bedlam got abandoned though.

>Landis is a pretty cool guy
he's insufferable

I would've just written Landis off as just some nerd who happens to be related to someone famous, so he gets to do shit other nerds dream of.

then I found his youtube channel and wanted to punch him in the face after watching 30 seconds of some of his vlog/rant videos.

Hes trying to replicate pauses and emphasis that would be audible in physical speech, but reads fucking terrible when written out

Landis is shit but Spencer is infinitely worse, so go Max.

Literally never cared about him before seeing him on RLM, and even among friends he seems like a cunt.