What are the chances this will get a Best Picture nomination?

What are the chances this will get a Best Picture nomination?

None but guess who's going to win best animated movie.

The story is plagiarized but I can't figure out from where. But I am certain I have heard a story just like this.

The word you're looking for is trite or cliche

>muh reductionism

Koe no Katachi?

100%

A lot of stuff by Pixar is plagiarized.

As much as I want this to happen user, it's not going to be so.

how do they show this movie in china

The book of life?

What? This movie is getting the Oscar easily. Just think about it.

if it had Lassiters fingerprints on it, then no.
but its multiculti, so would even that out..

how would sewage and waste be handled in a city like that fuck

It was too good to censor. It's made $76 million there already, most ever for a Pixar movie

So is this actually good, or not? People kept trumpeting Inside Out as the return to form for pixar, and then after a month they realized they only said anything good about it because "WAAHHH THEY SHOWED A LITTLE GIRL CRYING SO SAD :("

Mexicans are Asians in disguise

It's Pixars best since WALL-E

>john lassateer
not gonna happen

It's actually really good and on par with Up. It has been impossible to discuss it here for obvious reasons.

>"N-Nobody cares about a mexican movie, it will flop for sure"
>"T-Thor sucks! No one will watch Ragnarok"
>"DCkino will rock the box office. Justice League will reign supreme."

HAHAHAHAHAHA

>Sup Forums so butthurt it hides behind fucking Frozen of all films
>only complaint about Coco involves the 21 minutes of Olaf fucking around before the movie starts
Like pottery, the icing on the cake was how easily this film shoved Justice League out of the way.

At least black panther will fail, right?

>(you)

It's good but predictable

probably not

This. /tvpol/ is a joke board. No board is more consistently wrong about its subject matter. Except Sup Forums.

yay gapegino and pigsar iz bag on menew

Zero to Juan

blag panthur look epig bro

Remember when /tvpol/ said Coco would fail miserably in China because China is so racist.

Expect it to blow JUSToce League the fuck out. Fucking Antman, Doctor Strange and the god damned literally who Guardians of the Galaxy are more well knowm and more relevant then DC's A listers in a team up film.

I HOPE SOOPERMAN IN COCO 2

>Sup Forums BTFO
>IT WAS HER TURN
>at least we have our Disney movies

The state of capeshitters

more like disney paid them to ignore the law

I could have told them that. I wemt to China when they were roundinf up Mexicans over swine flu, they still wanted to jump my dick.

We're "exotic" or some shit over there.

The irony is that Mel Gibson who actually is Sup Forums's guy hates capeshit and used BvS as an example of why.

okay, and? DC's shit stinks too

>mfw the only time's Sup Forums was right was Fan4stic and Ghostbusters
>Sup Forums is only right when it agrees with reddit

The difference is most Marvel fans understand Marvel makes movies for children. They don't pretend to be something they aren't. They're basically live action cartoons. DCucks tried to associate themselves with Donald Trump by labeling Marvel the "leftist option" or some shit and claim DC is somehow sophisticated.

There is generally 5 nominees, pretty sure Hollywood has made more than 4 racebaiting films.

It's at $76 million now

Reminder that this will beat Your Name because no one who votes for Best Animated Movie ever actually watches them.

5 will go to The Disaster Artist, which is getting praised to shit by critics.

People are literally talking Oscar for it. Let that sink in, Oscar buzz right now is talking about DUDE WEED man.

Predictability isn't really a flaw in this case. LOTR was predictable but still managed to be incredible

Coco is a children's movie. The plot has to be simple or else it loses a large portion of it's audience. But the animation is astounding, the music is enrapturing and despite being predictable the movie absolutely delivers emotionally

I doubt it'll get a best pic no because they don't like animated films

0%
100%

It will win best animated picture. Most voters don't watch more than 3/4 animated movies and they always vote Disney/Pixar. That's how Big Hero 6 gets an Oscar while Song of the Sea and Princess Kaguya doesn't.

Very low chance.

Probably for the very same reasons why Spirited Away was a huge success there in China, too.
It was really great and it appealed to the Chinese audience even with the supernatural elements.

Its funny because even the china-made animated movies have "white" looking characters.

Also, I always thought Carlos was Filipino because Filipinos love making puns every single time when you talk to them.
Plus, he looks Asian but has a Hispanic name, just like most Filipinos.
Carlos is Filipino, not Mexican.
Ay susmaryosep!

You just haven't seen them in action.
>They call Winter Soldier a political thriller,
>Civil War a war movie.
>Gotg 2 a Space Opera
>Gunn thinks Gotg 2 is a super deep movie about a raccoon finding God.
>Infinity War directors called it a heist movie.