How Much Backlash Will There Be?

This is an obvious bait and switch, especially obvious since they're teasing Jean Grey returning.

When this is revealed to be a fakeout and people like Logan and Banner don't actually come back for good, how big will the backlash be, if any?

> what will Tumblr say
fuck off, outrage farmer

I'm just happy that Ross finally got decent loking models for posing

Also, that iron-man is dope

We already know Sup Forums will hate it

I love the art too, but I think it will be shit issues...

>refuses to draw Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner and Wally West
>draws the shitty Marvel legacy characters
Fuck Alex Ross

>Peter Parker confirmed for legacy and on his way out

These guys aren't his childhood so he doesn't care.

Comic fans will whine no matter what happens, because that's what they do. Next topic.

Ross is a DC fan, he cares about those characters.

He doesn't give a flying fuck about Marvel, it's just a paycheck.

it's going to garbage simply because it written by the current writers of the books everyone already hates.

look at this list, how can anyone be excited for this?

-Iron Man (Tony Stark and Riri Williams) – written by Brian Michael Bendis
-Spider-Man (Peter Parker and Miles Morales) – Brian Michael Bendis
-Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers and Kamala Khan) – G. Willow Wilson
-Thor (Odinson and Jane Foster) – Jason Aaron
-Hawkeye (Clint Barton and Kate Bishop) – Kelly Thompson
-Hulk (Bruce Banner and Amadeus Cho) – Greg Pak
-Jean Grey (young and older) – Dennis Hopeless
-Wolverine (Logan and X23) – Tom Taylor
-Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell and Carol Danvers) – Margie Stohl
-Captain America (Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson) – Nick Spencer

I guarantee this will be full of Bendis style time travel nonsense, where the old characters are literally ploinked right out from some book from the 60's or 70's.

It's just a bunch of meaningless oneshots by shitty writers like Bendis, Waid, Aaron, ect

>Pak, Wilson, SPencer
But they are good writers, though

also
>Taylor, Aaron, Hopeless
I know they could do something at least enjoyable if they wanted to

X-fag here. Taylor, Aaron, and Hopeless are good writers.

>Hopeless
>Good
What's being a diehard fanboy like, user?

DC is actually giving their fans the character versions fans want, while Marvel's EIC is literally just pretending that he will do that to sell a series of out-of-continuity one-shots.

Good job, Marvel.

THIS
If you think all of those characters are coming back, you're deluded.
Here's how this is going to go - legacy character goes back in time or manages to transport the original character forward in time, original character tells them what a grand job they're doing and then fucks off.

>>refuses to draw Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner and Wally West
????
Is he unironically on the autism spectrum?

Are most comic creators mentally ill?
>Wark Waid having a tantrum and leaving MoS half way through

I'm sorry, user. I know he bad-touched you with Avengers Arena. But I don't read Avenger comics so that didn't happen in my world. He's good! Lol

>Taylor
Hit and miss. At the moment his Wolverine is so average and non offensive that it is boring.
>Aaron
This guy is a cancer. Seriously, fuck him and everything he has done post-Schism. God of Thunder was shit, Quire and the X-Men was awful.
>Hopeless
His name says it all.

yes

His X-Men work really isn't better.
Not killing off your faves doesn't equate to being a good writer.

Casuals and consistent readers alike agree that Laurverine is a good book, even if she should still be X-23.

I don't think nobody belives that Jean Grey, Logan or Banner are going to be back in this.

Hopeless' X-Force was good and he is a writer
Therefore he is a writer who has written consistently good series before
Therefore he is a good writer

>I'm an X-Fag and Hopeless is good.

This is why the X-Men franchise is so shit right now.

No, it's shit because of Fuhrer Perlmutter.

Its been shit long before that.

If they fuck it up badly like they did stuff last year then yeah there will be a backlash. Last year it kind of showed that fans have gotten more fickle because of Marvel's taking fans/buyers for granted and causing them to avoid paying $3.99+ for a lot of Marvel stuff.

This guy is right i can totally see Bendis this shit again with Peter " you're costume is so much cooler, you have my blessing" and Tony is probably going learn a lesson from Riri and how is she smarter than him. Also wasen't Riri's book death on arrival is this their chance to make her popular?

They it isnt time travel.

Imagine how great it would be for even just one of the original heroes to just hate his replacement, and tell them how pathetic they are.

Did you read his All-New X-Men? It was awful and went nowhere. Shame because his X-Force run and Spider-Woman run were actually decent

I don't think there'll be that much backlash to Generations since that announcement and that line-up of writers have already deleted people's hopes and lowered their expectations. And it will come out during Secret Empire which will probably hog all the shitstorms for the next couple of months.

it should be Genis. it must be Genis

I'm thinking the "no time travel/alt reality" thing was just a straight-up, unabashed lie.

This whole thing reeks of a quick buck to appease the people who are so angry about Secret Empire.

Based upon the characters that are getting minis I can only assume that these are the characters that Marvel consider to be their most important in terms of brand recognition. Furthermore, these are the legacy characters that Marvel has most aggressively pushed over the last 2-3 years in their efforts to replace the originals and secure their place as the "REAL definitive" versions of the characters. It should be interesting to note that of the 10 legacy characters; half, I repeat, half are white women with 3 blacks plus one token asian and one token muslim.

Not only did Marvel not consider the straight, white male demographic (the majority of their readership) as an important group to cater too (which they must have realized with their increasingly diminishing sales that they needed to correct, hence the existence of this event) but I think this is very telling about not only what Marvel (and by extension SJWs in general) consider to be "diverse," spoilt, entitled white women and black people.

>how big will the backlash be, if any?

Not much. Only faggots who like being mistreated are still reading Marvel these days

Because Ross actually likes DC. He doesn't give a fuck about Marvel so it was just a paycheck

Dude, nobody fucking cares if they're white or guys.
They care because the characters are mostly shit.

>Wark Waid having a tantrum and leaving MoS half way through
That's justified.

Nope its cube related.

True, the books are shit now and they'll be be shit when the characters inevitably revert back, but that's not how Alonso and company will see it. If there is a sales upswing, they'll believe it's because of the characters and not quality of the books. It's the whole reason the diversity push has been so hard and was constantly doubled down on because books like Ms Marvel and Whor were strong sellers early on.

He literally yelled out "NOT MY SUPERMAN" in a public movie theater. It's never justified to act like a fucking idiot like that in public.

Wark Waid detected.
MoS isn't even CLOSE to as half assed and lame as pic related.

Take it as a statement of him not really giving a shit about marvel.

>God of Thunder was shit
Ribic's art was wasted on it. It was the only thing that could hide Aaron's awful writing.

Hopeless all new x-factor was the worst x-men book after secret wars.

Dont you remember who everyone hated Laura charaxterization on that book, or Iceman or tyke

Same shit writers

All I expect is the old characters jerking off to how awesome the new ones are, especially Bendis with Miles and Riri.

all new x-men meant to say.

over/under on Bendis killing off Peter and making Miles the only spider-man like we all know he wants to do?

That was some film made on the cheap, and Waid was probably a kid when it came out in theaters.

He stopped having shit taste when he grew up, why didn't you?

>He stopped having shit taste when he grew up
Then why do his comics get worse the older he gets?

Old age sapping creativity? Being 55 years old and trying to be hip and modern? I don't think any comics writer has gotten better the older they got.

Exactly. I don't trust old man Waid to judge MoS.

and cuntnala is? Laura?

But here is the problem, it's a decent book, just not a good Laura book. It is a typical Ms. Marvel esque lighthearted fun adventure stuff. Laura's stuff is a bit darker, examining her own humanity and so on.

Under. Slott will never let Bendis do it.

>refuses to draw Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner and Wally West
Wait what? Is this an actual thing he's said?

>wilson
>good
She is prettt mediocre and kinda shitty on things that aren't ms.marvel

>Mar-Vell
Fuck me are they actually bringing him back? I mean, they've teased it before, had him come back for a little while before dying again. Not really sure how I feel about that.

It's not one-note. It's had very dark moments as well.

This is just another tease. Marvell isn't coming back and neither are these others, besides Rogers getting his normal character back.

Is Ross exclusive at Marvel right now? You'd think he would be back at DC due to Rebirth.

It's never justified to release a movie like that in the wild and have the gall to charge for it. Waid did nothing wrong.

So the old characters are just phoney duplicates? That's even worst than time travel.

>and Waid was probably a kid when it came out in theaters.

No he wasn't, he was already like in his 20s when that movie was out.

It's going to alienate everyone especially the return of Captain Mar-Vell. No one asked for his return.

You're right, the movie should have changed his origin so that Superman grew up in a city so he could meet black people, Waid would have given it a 10/10.

Either that or they could have made a good movie that didn't happen at the ihop.

They'll kill every white man, make Mary Jane get raped by Osborne and bear his child, make Spiderman (nigger) kill Peter for being racist, and flanderize everyone left