Just watched the original Star Wars movies...

Just watched the original Star Wars movies. The first one was a snoozefest but I thought okay I bet the second one is better. NOPE just as boring and crappy looking CGI. Darth Vader is Luke's father??? Everybody knows this already and without the surprise of the movie's twist this movies is a 4/10.

By the time I got to the third one I was begging for this shitfest to be over. ANOTHER DEATHSTAR? Running outta ideas? Then of course you have to have daddy step in and save Luke. I did not get the impression Luke had an ounce of power in him the entire trilogy.

All in all the trilogy was utter garbage. The new movies MAY be a reboot but they are 10x better. Better effects. Better acting. Better locations. Better. I knew this board was mostly just trolls with shit taste but I've never been steered so wrong before.

Explain yourself/ tv/.

Exquisite bait OP, here's a (You) for the road

Not even worth a you op.

>I did not get the impression Luke had an ounce of power in him the entire trilogy

This is a genuine problem I have with the OT

(You)

Unironically agree.
The original trilogy is boring as fuck and follows a singular plot, tunnel visioned through Luke's eyes. A classic children's fantasy film sure, on the same level as the Deltora quest series (which I really enjoyed as a little kid) and nothing much else going for it.
The fact that it brought new fantasy ideas to life to the big screen in the 70s is what made it popular, and nostalgia still drives it.

The prequels follow multiple story angles and many more characters. It tries to introduces all these stories at the same time as they build the world that the original trilogy never built. Themes were slightly more mature, but still for a younger audience.
Things like better effects, locations, etc cant really be taken into consideration since the new movies will obviously be better due to new technology. But for their time periods, I would say the original trilogy was much more impressive with what they did effects wise.
Story wise? Episodes 1, 2, and 3 take it easily. Just way better writing overall. Universe building that was sorely needed and previously covered by the extended cringeverse.

You can try to argue with me if you want, I'll keep a tab open. But I'm pretty set in my opinion on the star wars franchise. I have not watched the new disney movies by the way.

so this is bait because why? The original trilogy is perfect and everyone who watches is likes it?

Fucking Sup Forums retard. Can't even come to the defense of you faggot trilogy because you are so blinded by nostalgia that you see anyone who doesn't like them as a troll. Pathetic.

Its the same thing in real life.
Remember to not take this argument too seriously if you get into. Say your opinion on it, and be dismissive if it gets heated. Its just a movie series made for kids.

Mention that Jar Jar binks is nowhere near as bad as little teddy bear men beating up the mean boo boo head storm troopers, only using slingshots and ropes a la home alone.

yeah it's shit and manchildren eat it up

go figure

-1/10 bait no (OP) for you

>muppets in space is good cinema

>Just way better writing overall.
Thank god we finally got to learn how Darth Vader feels about sand.

The original trilogy isn't perfect but it's still leagues ahead of the new movies and the prequel trilogy. If you can't understand this you are a brainlet of the highest magnitude

Thanks, reddit.

>new marketing strategy
>everyone saw through our shitty remake/plagiarism of the old movie
>change the narrative by brainwashing brainlets into thinking the originals all sucked
>when the next pile of shit drops the bar is lowered
sage

I'd rather listen to Anakin talk about sand then to have to listen to Luke's constant fucking whining or bitching at Han. Or Han's walking around with his dick out trying to get into Leia's pants the entire trilogy.

>HURRRR GOLD PAINTED SHIT IS STILL BETTER THAN REGULAR SHIT

of course it is.
if you paint it with gold it has some actual value

>Gold color paint = actual gold
Now who's the brainlet?

>there are people who saw TFA before the original trilogy
>there are people who saw the Hobbit flicks before the original trilogy
>there are people who saw BR2049 before the original
How do we stop the Gen Z menace?

Fucking cope faggot. The original trilogy has aged like milk and is objectively fucking garbage. Get over it.

You have to be 18+ to post on this site.

I'm over 18 and clearly smarter than you. All you can fucking pull from your ass are bullshit assumptions about my age. Not one real valid argument against the original trilogy being fucking trash. Way to live up to what is expected of you Sup Forums retard.

>you have to be old to appreciate the original trilogy
ANNNNNNNNND that's how you know the movies are shit my dude.

>Using objectively subjectively
Leave this board reddit

Suck my ass nigger.

Back to r/the_donald with you

this

t.30 year old

>bullshit assumptions about my age
It's clear as day. And you lack reading comprehension, because I'm not defending them, but rather bringing up the fact that you've only gotten around to watching them now. While also having seen the reboot. Way to out yourself.
No, if you've watched the newer Star Wars films but are only now getting around to watching the original, you're clearly underage.

That's power creep, like with Superman. If a motherfucker doesn't single-handed bring down a Star Destroyer, he's "weak".

What should be appreciated is how he achieved his goals while being vastly outmatched by powerful expert-level opponents.
Obi-Wan's death and aid during the Death Star attack lays out this ethos in the first movie. Direct power is over-rated.

HHRRRGG I LIKK STAH WAWS

haha this board is inhabited by actual retards. Not one argument for the movies. Just accusations of being under age or being from a different website. Sup Forums you are a bunch of hacks who put your heads between your knees and weep in a corner whenever a different opinion than the board standard is brought to the table. It is now very clear you are all retards who take your shitty opinions on popular media way too seriously. This board is literally a hive of shitty taste and you all collectively gather here to jerk eachother off about how Disney is bad , etc. etc.

>No, if you've watched the newer Star Wars films but are only now getting around to watching the original, you're clearly underage
Wrong my friend.

I don't care what your opinion on them is, but plenty of things have been written about the original Star Wars movies and why people still like them. You don't have to hunt very hard for them, certainly not hard enough to warrant baiting in a Taiwanese podiatrist waiting room.

Force Awakens and Rogue One are shit, I don't understand how anyone can defend them unless they're being paid.

what a great addition to the conversation. Bravo user.

When you watch them in episode order it's pretty easy to spot the drop in quality from episode 3 to 4. But youre supposed to give it some slack since it came out in 1977 and didnt have the massive financial backing of the later films since star wars wasnt a hit yet.

Episode 5 and 6 are good though, and if you think theyre shit simply because they have outdated special effects then you might be a brainlet.

Really? Maybe compared to the prequels' more elaborate action sequences he comes across as small-time, but that's also true of the Emperor and Vader.

The movies make it pretty clear that Luke is hot stuff by the time of RotJ.

>Some faggot post his shit opinion on Sup Forums.
>He then proceeds to get 30+ replies

Let me add some fuel to this.

>Some faggot post his shit opinion on Sup Forums.
You literally just summed up the entire board.

If an adult has avoided Star Wars for so long, why bother with the newest spew Hollywood shits out? Nobody would, except a braindead child. Which you are, as evidenced by your poor grammar.

I’ll join you! Let’s burn this board to the ground

Why must we get invaded by the highest degree of brainlet normie every time the dead star wars horse is beat to keep investors happy.

>durr hurrr hurrr you gotta be smart to appreciate the old ass movies
Hey Rick and Morty called and they want their autistic fan base back

ANH and ESB are good movies, while ROJ is kinda boring, but none of them deserve any of the praise they get, especially ESB, which is often regarded by idiots as one of the greatest movies ever made, while is just popcorn entertainment.

SW is one of the best toy commercials ever made, elevated only by a incredible PR and fantastic special effects.
If you think otherwise you have no right to talk about cinema

I've bought paint but I've never bought shit

Say anything about TFA but the way the lightsabers look and how they interact with the environment its fucking kino, the best thing about new Star Wars movies being made is seeing how the production values, practical, special effects and cgi evolve

>Better locations.

>desert
>green forest planet
>green forest planet
>green forest planet
>snow forest planet