Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZxKS4eMEMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>haven't watched it in a while
>decide to check out the new season
>first episode is another 2deep4u story about a grass spider and sword finn
I heard it was slowly getting better lately but jesus christ

Never good. Deal homo.

By not watching it and not really caring about it.
Granted, I've dropped the show for a while and some people claim it's gotten better and while I refuse to watch it still because they do this song and dance every season of "No it's getting better and the show is going somewhere honest!" just for everyone to get pissed of all the fucking time, so much stuff has apparently happened while I quit that it could have in fact gotten better.

It has never been good, it was meh tier at best. The stuff you watch when there is nothing else to watch.

Has the Ice King subplot gone anywhere?

I've never watched it. That's how

By still watching it because I think it's still pretty good
Gonna be sad to see the old girl go in a year or so but it's given me lots of enjoyment and if it gets a halfway decent ending I'll be able to look back on it very fondly.

They're taking their sweet time with him, Betty did a few things that haven't changed much. Saving reverting him for the ending or near the ending.

Another "Adventure Time hasn't been good in years" thread?
God people stop retreading the same stuff.

And its from people who dropped the show years ago. At this point its pretty obvious that the people who complain about AT stop being cool just were never into the show to begin with. Its amazing how this board can go from praising a recent episode to continue saying that the show has not been good for years.

>Its amazing how this board can go from praising a recent episode to continue saying that the show has not been good for years.
Yeah, that's really weird. It's almost like this website has numerous different people with differing opinions.

I still like the show but modern AT has changed a lot from what the show used to be so it is very possible that someone who once liked it doesn't anymore.

And the people who praised the recent episodes are probably still fans who are more likely to be positive on things while non-fans (like the people in these threads) aren't so they would be harsher. Who woulda thought?

Found a new Savior.

>MUH OPINIONS
There's only so many times you can use this excuse before it just becomes borderline obnoxious.
>but modern AT has changed a lot from what the show used to be
Not really, a show that's been on for 7 years is going to get stale for some people and the constant excuses like "its different now" really doesn't mean anything.
>while non-fans (like the people in these threads) aren't so they would be harsher.
So why are they still watching it or better yet why do they still care?

I wanna have a marceline thread

You just contradicted yourself
>the show hasn't changed!
>yeah it has
>well it's been on for 7 years it would get stale eventually!
Come on dude, it being different is definitely a valid excuse if it isn't doing stuff you like anymore

And it's not like posting in a thread on Sup Forums really constitutes as caring all that much, most people come here to kill time

Nothing in there contradicted what I said. The show has not changed and yes if something goes on for long it'll eventually lose its audience.

> it being different is definitely a valid excuse if it isn't doing stuff you like anymore
Its not a valid excuse, you're pretty much validating the retards who dropped the show because it didn't go by what they wanted in their fanfics.

How the fuck did you lose the flow of the conversation? You were the one who said the show is different now following by him refuting that it hasn't. That's not contradiction at all.

>got until mid Season 5 waiting for it to get good.
>it never got good
Why is this show so popular. I still can't wrap my mind around it.

>Watching 5 seasons of a show you don't like to prove a point

You're not very smart are you?

I had nothing else to watch I guess.

What do you think was the lowest point in those 5 seasons you watched user?

He thought when it got good it would make the rest worthwhile

Season 7 is my favourite season, so I didn't need to cope! Really though I never stopped enjoying it. It's one of my all time favourite cartoons.

I fully understand why people stopped enjoying it though. It's changed a lot over the years.

Premiere of season 8 is quite weak actually. I'd watch Flute Spell if you want to see a great example of modern Adventure Time.

>Expecting an overarching story
wew lad.

Also, (You)

I actually don't know. I watched it somewhere less than a year ago. Very few moments on the show are somewhat memorable to me and a vast majority was shipping shit.
I hated how after presenting the Lich to be so powerful and great, Finn and Jake make a fool of himself after like 3 apparitions.

Make that 2012. Maybe even 2011.

I'm rewatching and season 3 was already pretty weak.

But the first 2 seasons were so great, anything else is just gravy really.

Why do you think 3 was weak? I'd easily put it on par with 1+2.

It has some episodes that aren't that funny. I watched Apple Thief/ The Creeps / From Bad to Worse just now and was mostly bored.

However the atmosphere of season 3 is darker and creepier, which allowed for cool stuff like Noone Can Hear You or The New Frontier. Those wouldn't have fit in season 1.

>3 was already pretty weak.
I think it's the strongest season honestly, in terms of consistency.
Weakest episode is probably Apple Thief which isn't that bad.

>tfw I'm the one person who likes Apple Theif

But I think 3 is pretty great, though I agree there are some stinkers in there (Bad to Worse, The Monster, case could be made for Paper Pete and Jake vs Memow I think) but there's so many episodes I consider to be a 9 or 10/10 so I hold it in pretty high regard. Lots of classics in there.

Paper Pete is more low-key than most, but honestly it's one of my favorites

There are little moments in there that I really like (Jake wanting to learn about Rainicorn history, Finn laughing at the concept of leaders being democratically elected) but I feel like it's just too slow to make up for the weaker parts. Pete was a cool guy though, the Pagelings were a neat concept that was wasted on a subpar episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZxKS4eMEMo

At 6:20 Apparently Pen is working on a new project with Frederator, what do you think it could be?

move on to other stuff. accept it hit its peak already.

Season 2 was the pinnacle of AT. Everything that came after is fanfic garbage.

Jeez Louise, why is it always "pinnacle" or "fanfic garbage" with you people? Can't you think outside of your stupid binaries?

and where do you come from, partner?

I rewatch Hall of Egress

but just to rewatch it for the sake of reliving a masterpiece

get out, this thread is supposed to be for anonymous critics to find out who among them is the most cynical

Take that back. "Jake vs. Me-Mow" was great! What a wild ride of an episode.

I'm really glad they brought Me-Mow back.

>The show has not changed
Umm what? The show is drastically different in tone to the early seasons. That's not an opinion.

Well that's dumb.

What happen?
Why everything went 2deep4u?