If you really think about it, Luke isn't that powerful

If you really think about it, Luke isn't that powerful.

He barely beat Vader (robotic handicap guy), and the Emperor would've fucked the shit out of him with lightning alone.

Its what makes him more likeable than Rey.

Luke didn't beat Vader, you shitskinned redditor

>He barely beat Vader
He wasn't trying to beat him or kill him, he was trying to save him, you power level-obsessed mongoloid. Fuck off back to eating paint chips while watching naruto, you piece of shit.

Vader was still a juggernaut, though, just not what he could have been. The Emperor had to have been impressed with Luke and his potential to be so willing to throw his pet project Vader under the bus.

I think the movies make it obvious Luke is pretty powerful.

also we see him grow as a character, not true with rey

Friendly reminder ray kicks his ass in TLJ

yea hes powerful naturally but way too raw and even in ROTJ when he thinks hes got his shit together he still gets shrekt by the emperor. im not sure if he could have even beat vader if he hadnt tapped into his rage

Pretty much nobody we know could have beaten Vader at that point save for the Emperor himself.

The movie deliberately calls back to the stuff Obi-Wan does in the original movie as a way of conveying that Luke has become well-versed in Jedi wizardry relatively quickly. The point of the end of his character arc though is that the defining qualities of being a Jedi are moral and spiritual more than they are about throwing shit with your mind.

wow its almost like it's a movie and not a videogame with power levels whoa

You've seen episode 8 and 9?

this, OP probably wrote terrible fiction for the EU like a retard faggot

Tapping into his rage made vader grab a ledge and let his hand get cut off?

nigger

his mission wasn't to destroy the empire, but to redeem his father
that's what nu wars doesn't get
jedis are not supposed to be warriors, but peace keepers
at least george tried to explore that in the prequels

I was shocked to learn that Vader want the biggest most powerful badass. I mean, if you don't have your evil guy be at the very top tier of power, what's the point really?

Ah yes, you're point is?

I've seen A New Hope where he grows from a whiny, hot-headed, incompetent kid to a more level headed and competent pilot like he wanted.

Crippled old man Vader is still very powerful.

>old man Vader
isnt he only like 45 in the OT?

Not him, but IIRC he's probably in his 50s. Starts in EP1 at ~9yo, a ~20y span til the end of EP3, plus the 19y gap from EP3 to EP4, and then the 6 year span from EP4 to EP6.

Assuming that's correct, he'd be about 54 when he died, which the original Anakin actor looked IIRC.