Can South Park be redeemed? That last season made it seem like this series is finished

Can South Park be redeemed? That last season made it seem like this series is finished.

Probably not.
I'll be surprised if that shitty game isn't delayed again.

They're gonna have to pick between an overarching plot and having "ripped from the headlines" topical jokes.
Knowing how they write they're going to do the latter.

Only full on boyzu ravu will save the series.

Eh, the problem with the last season wasn't that it was a season long story. The problem was that they were writing based on what was happening on a week by week basis. They got too comfortable and wrote themselves into a hole that they didn't know how to get out of.

Either the show goes back to doing weekly one-offs, or they need to get all their ducks in a row before the season starts.

Reminder that The Fracturated But Whole was delayed AGAIN

AGAIN
G
A
I
N

Of course it can. Just drop the season-long arcs.

Yes, I get that its easier for you guys, but come on. Last season proved its just bad idea.

South Park is a establishment show and have always been one, remember the episode the the Wikileaks as shown as a rat?

Everyone says this every fucking year.

>the stories are too outlandish, they should go back to slice of life stuff!
>it's too political, they should go back to outlandish stuff!
>there's too many pop culture references, they should go back to political stuff!
>I don't like the long stories, they should go back to pop culture references!

It was shitty before the season arcs

They plan on taking the money from Fractured But Whole and ending the series. All of this serial stuff has been setting the ground for a convincing finale.

I'm disappointed. I really enjoyed season 18 and 19 was even better imo. Yet 20 was just so lackluster I didn't even bother finishing it.

If the next season is full of sweet boyzu rabu, then yes.

The biggest problem is that they can't seem to do continuity anymore without resorting to virtue signaling

If they want to do season-long arcs, then they should actually plan a fucking story ahead of time and not rely on their routine of pumping out an episode per week.

I'm sure Matt and Trey fully regret season 20 so maybe.

To be honest, this was the first season I didn't find much enjoyment in. Very few laughs after the first episode or two, lots of cringing. Hopinng the next is better because they can't all be zingers.

I'm willing to bet the compensation for season 20 will be a Kenny-only episode/arc. It's gotten to the stage where he either removes the hood or Kyle dies to make it interesting.

>they should actually plan a fucking story ahead of time and not rely on their routine of pumping out an episode per week.
Their problem last season is that they DID plan out the story ahead of time. Trump winning destroyed all their plans for the second half of the season.

The whole problem with Season 20 is that all the major plot points converged around Hillary Clinton winning the election. And she didn't. It's like if Luke Skywalker had died halfway through A New Hope. Trump winning was something they didn't even remotely plan for, and it fucked the entire season as a result.

They just need to not predicate their continuity on current events from now on, and they'll be fine.

The first 19 seasons were at least decent, I don't see any reason to think a bad season signals the show's demise.

I really hope so. I hate the new format. I want my comfy one ofs episodes. The long arcs are too boring.

didn't they say something about staying away from current events for the next season? It'd be nice to just have more 'regular' episodes about the boys.

i hated the memberberries plot. I hope it gets shelved until it randomly pops up again years from now.

There were people who bet their whole bank accounts on Trump winning. That shit was stupid as well, but that's why they call it betting. And current events aren't a perfect way to base your show around constantly.

I'd say stop making the show about current events, but it's always done that since the beginning. The difference now is that it's all political events. Political Correctness, Presidential Election, and etc. Sure, there would be an episode or two about them in the past, but then you'd have other current events like Pokemania or Paris Hilton, and even off the wall episodes having nothing to do with anything. The way the last 2 seasons have been tied together has also not given anything room to breath either, which is another factor. An episode with a mediocre plot can be negligible in the long run, but dragging it through-out a whole season is unignorable, like a bad joke that goes on to long. Just let it pass and go on to the next good thing.

>Can South Park be redeemed?
Does it have to be?

Last season was good, why do people forget that. South Park always had a roller coaster of quality of seasons. Even as far back as season 2, which Matt and Trey admit sucked.

>Trump winning destroyed all their plans for the second half of the season.
>Trump winning was something they didn't even remotely plan for, and it fucked the entire season as a result.

THIS

Don't you mean the Randy, Cartman and Butters Show?