>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
NOTHING

>Rebels 3.20/21: "Zero Hour" Parts 1 and 2
mega.nz/#F!6kczUR6L!03HhW1zTC92RQPHlO3Yi0w

>Rebels Recon: Zero Hour
youtu.be/MyUY7LnE4ls

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VcMk85ZsBh0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When Bela Lugosi first moved to America, he didn't speak English. He learned all his lines for his plays phonetically.

>BIG
>ASS
>GUN

Just a reminder that Ahsoka's bisexuality is canon now

To the guy asking about how Baze one-shotted death troopers:
His gun has two modes. He switched it into high power non automatic one because he know regular shots wouldn't do anything.

go away

So like I asked in the last thread, is Baze's blaster based off any real-world gun? I know Krennic's is an MP 40 and Cassian's is the lower receiver of an M16, so I figure Baze's has to be based off something.

Is Bendu like Storm from the X-Men? Did he die?

I really wish we had something like Infinities nowadays.

>Did he die?
no

I hope so what a dumb character

>super powerful force monster with biased lightning

Not every Star Wars gun is refurbished military surplus, Baze's looks like a nerf gun. Also Krennic's pistol was based design wise off of an MP40s lower receiver, but in actuality the gun doesn't match to a real one, it's a custom build prop.

I haven't seen anything on Baze's gun, I think it's not based on anything specific

Nice thread

Could use some rackets though

All Thrawn shot was the surface of the planet.

>image
What storyline is this from?

One of my fondest dreams is an ongoing monthly comic exploring an Infinites-style Star Wars universe, one where some big divergence from the main storyline has caused everything to go to hell. I think you could sustain that shit for years and years of issues.

holy shit never expected to see tyber zann ever again in swco damn i miss empire at war

It's just fanart, man.

Malfoy a shit

Need a really big gun.

of course you could, that's why alternate history stories are so popular, however alternate history is almost invariably fucking terrible

Go to bed, Thrawn

Lancet standing by

I wanna see an AU that's basically the events of the OT, only Sheev based his Empire off the CIS rather than the Republic.

I've seen all main movies, plus the ewok movies, plus the popular webms that get poseted here from Rebels and Clone Wars. Apart from the TIE Fighters letting the Falcon go in ANH, TIE Fighters get some kills on Rebel fighters, but the K/D ratio is enormously on the Rebels' side. SDs seem all big and bad, but we never see them putting out the rate of fire they supposedly can, nor dealing the damage the supposedly can do. They have terrible weak spots that can be and are taken advantage of. The only reason SDs send Rebels packing is because they've bought into the hype that surrounds them, or because they're outnumbered.
Stormies did fuck all against the Ewoks.

The Conqueror should become canon again.

that's kind of an interesting idea

even cooler, set up Dooku as the chancellor (pretending to be a Jedi) and instead of turning people against just the Jedi, turn them against the Jedi and the Jedi-led government

then Palpatine's separatists swoop in as liberators

>tfw the webm you repost from Sup Forums gets saved by somebody

Webm of the Death Star eclipsing the sun over Jedha?

It's a good thing you don't work for Lucasfilm.

literally the only SD that does fuck all in the movies. Even in ROTJ its the Death Star that racks up the ship kills

seconding this

someone's gotta have it

Why don't you like the Conqueror, user?

I have the movie. How do you make a webm out of a clip from an mkv?

anybody got screencaps of the differently colored y-wings from zero hour

I know there were definitely red ones and green ones, there might have been others but I only saw their livery for a split second

same reason I don't like the eclipse: OVERPOWERED BULLSHIT except the eclipse at least had the decency to be an original design

>Also yfw Sheev dubs

The way I see it, the Empire had a fuck load of spare parts for an aborted Death Star, and a new design that had a totally different set of dimensions.

So it'd make sense they'd just graft on prototype parts, spare bits, and whatever else onto other stuff.

it makes absolutely no fucking sense to stick the death stars superlaser onto an ISD, and it was bad enough sticking one onto an SSD

Besides, 50% of all Star Wars movies now feature a Death Star. Overpowered isn't an argument.

Just checked it out, as mutilated Star Destroyers go it ain't great. But the all Black look is pretty good villain of the week stuff

>yfw people don't get the Bendu's lightning rage was an homage to the opening of the Ark of the Covenant in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

K I N O
I
N
O

see

>Attack of the Clones hologram
>Revenge of the Sith construction
>Rogue One DSI
>A New Hope DSI
>Return of t he Jedi DSII
>The Force Awakens Starkiller Base

I like Rogue One but I hope it's the last movie to use them even as a background thing.

The way I see it, it was always the lowest grade of canon and nobody cared about that story to begin with. It was a spinoff sequel to a game made from recycled assets from a series that was effectively dead at the time and then recycled again for a card game. The entire point of canon grades was the ability to ignore shit like that if you felt like it.

Ah, right, my mistake.

75% of Star Wars movies have a Death Star in it, in some form.

don't forget in TCW with the CIS superlaser experimentation and the force vision on Mortis of Alderaan exploding, and the Geonosis episodes of Rebels

WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME THIS SHIP EXISTS

UNF

it only appears for a second in Rogue One but didn't get a spread in the Visual Dictionary, and apparently its called the TIE Reaper

Empire's End hinted that their were hidden Imperial remnants after the Concordance that didn't escape like the First Order. They either lay low hoping to be saved or went out with a bang.

What sort of look and feel and modus would your holdout have?

>Count Dooku and Grevious live
>Palpatine's plot is uncovered and Anak in doesn't fall to the dark side
>Clone Wars continue for many years Ala a great galactic war
>non-clone/non-Droid auxiliaries start needing to be enlisted and fight along side the clone/Droid armies
I want to see this.

> watching a show where the heroes are saved by a LITERAL ACT OF GOD

>a god that appears in barely any star wars media

>in fact whoops gods in star wars are dumb

Why?

Because he's the goddamn Bendu.

AOTC and ROTS don't cont, those were literally 2 second cameos and had nothing to do with the plot

ANH, ROTJ, TFA and RO all revolve around a Death Star plot. I'd defend all of them as justified except TFA though.

The Malevolence is the only real superweapon in all of TCW, and it was just an EMP blast.

Rebels had the Malachor temple, which people often forget.

I don't really count nods/references, only explicit plots regarding superweapons, which would leave;

PT: 0/3
OT: 2/3
ST: 1/1 (Fuck yo JJ)
TCW: 3/129 episodes
Rebels: 2/59 episodes

I maintain that the only time I felt like things had gone too far was Starkiller Base. That's the only time I felt like we were cockslapped with ANOTHER Superweapon plot, especially when you consider the chronology of the movies.

Imperial, Rebel/Republic, Confederacy decades long throwdow is my fave AU

like this
youtube.com/watch?v=VcMk85ZsBh0

*tips fedora*

What the fuck are you talking about?

Are you seriously complaining about the force in Star Wars?

I'm kind of hoping that they introduce a few Imperial remnant factions

You could have a faction of moderates who like the idea of the Empire but don't like the extremists of the First Order.

You could have another that's ruled in a monarchist fashion crowning some Moff as a new emperor

All kinds of possibilities

I don't like having just the First Order for some reason.

because he's the Bendu

he's the one in the middle

>Vader senses that Leia is Force Sensitive and does to her what Malak does to Bastila in KOTOR

> the force = gods

I would say ROTJ and TFA have the same problem where the heroes are doing something else entirely and then whoops we need a Death Star because this is a SW movie.

ROTJ is probably my favorite Star Wars film, but I'd say that adding the DS2 was the weakest move of the movie and the most obvious example besides Force Leia that Lucas just welded two different movie scripts together after running out of fucks to give.

Can you shoot a god out of the sky?

No you fucking idiot.

And go back and watch TCW newfag, we've had god-like beings in Star Wars for about half a decade now, this isn't even anything new.

>maul never went to Mandalore in Rebels
Feels like a wasted opportunity DESU

Did I miss a Death Trooper with lightning shooting out of his eyes?

>IT WAS IN TCW SO ITS NOT STUPID!!!!

oh you mean the most criticized aspect?

>don't forget in TCW with the CIS superlaser experimentation
When? Those S7 reels?

Even without them the Celestials were essentially godlike before that point, and the others were essentially justified as being "like" the Celestials.

Not to mention Vuffi Raa's creators, who were effectively machine gods.

DS2 at least made sense in that the Empire's entire plan for domination was centered around the Death Star, so of course they went ahead and built another. It was also used to give us a more climactic ending where they doubled down on a huge space fight.

Lucas thought it was the end of the story, so he just said "fuck it, we'll do a big space fight"

Starkiller Base has literally zero reason to exist, logically or in-universe, it's purely there for Death Star imagery. Having it at the start of the trilogy was the most offensive thing about it too, like JJ wanted some kind of "big event" to happen in his movie, because he knew without it, his shit would be even more irrelevant to the rest of the saga than it already is.

Do we really have an atheist in this thread quite so obnoxiously religious in his atheism that he can't stand the idea of supernatural elements in fucking FICTION?

There was the Malevolence Super Ion Cannon and that asteroid laser defense grid above Iego, both were season 1 I believe

>The Mortis and Yoda arc are actually two of the most widely praised and beloved arcs in this show
What did user mean by this?

If the Han Solo movie is halfway through the Empire reign, are we going to get proto-Stormies as the gimmick trooper?

I can't quite decide what Vader would do to Leia if he sensed her connection with the Force, especially if he sensed that it was particularly powerful.

Would he try and turn her himself, or would he bring her to Sheev?

Nah it switched straight from Phase II Clone Armor to Stormtrooper armor within the first few years of the Empire

Though I don't know if the exaggerated design we see in Rebels is supposed to be indicative of prototypical design, I always assumed it was just excessive stylization.

We'll get the a combination of phase 3 Clone armor and Stormtrooper armor

Stylization.

Stormtroopers actually always look different, even across the OT, the designs are different.

ANH Stormtroopers are more "bubbly" and Rebels is a stylization of those.

*Phase 2, fuck

I doubt we'll see any special gimmick troopers

Don't get me wrong ROTJ is still my favorite movie and the space battle is a big part of that but the Death Star itself felt kind of tacked on. Most of what the actual engagement is, is the fleets and fighters attacking each other with the reveal of the Death Star being operational being a surprise.

You'd get the same effect by putting him aboard the executor and throwing some other weapon effect out there. Maybe the Endor shield base actually has some kind of upscaled proton torpedo. Maybe there's a plasma based lightning cannon aboard the Executor. Hell, maybe the emperor just uses his ULIMITED POWER to crush the fleet directly. It doesn't really matter so long as the empire has an ace in the hole.

The ST is doing the same thing. Last Jedi actually looks like it'll fix a few of the bigger problems with iTroopers by giving their face plates a bit more of an angle and emphasizing the layering on their chest pieces.

you're delusional, 90% of toy sales are troopers and they added three new ones to a movie an hour before ANH

>Don't get me wrong ROTJ is still my favorite movie
Stopped reading right there.

Starkiller Base was objectively the only battlestation to actually accomplish its goals

DSI - Nukes a bunch of ISIS on Jedha and destroys an important Imperial installation. Destroys a planet full of space hippies that were probably never gonna pick up arms anyway. TIEs and gunners pick off two dozen X-Wings and Y-Wings.

DSII - Destroys like three Mon Calamari cruisers and a few fighters and that's it.

SKB - Destroys the entire capital system of the New Republic along with the bulk of their fleet and shatters their morale and military. Only thing it fails to do is destroy the headquarters of the Resistance.

Now I'm not defending the idea of Death Stars but Starkiller Base was the only one to actually be a net positive for the people that built it.

It's the laziest one, so it makes sense that it does exactly what it needs to before exploding

> fuck a post that wasn't an essay about how bad starkiller was need to remind the thread it was bad

Which one, /swco/?

Dude fuck off he made a decent point

Tighty righty

>DSII - Destroys like three Mon Calamari cruisers and a few fighters and that's it.
We don't know that they don't test it before Endor, to make sure that the Emperor's trap actually works.

Not saying it wasn't. Just saying why it was the only one that managed to do its intended goal- it was a lazy plot device. Even the movie's own characters don't take it that seriously.

ST discussion should be a bannable offense

Right.

Left just looks like a trooper with a thing on its chest. Right actually looks like a pilot outfit.

or the planet is the Starkiller

I had more problem with the Executor just tumbling out of control after the main bridge is destroyed. I think Gareth Edwards had the same feelings given that he patterned the Battle of Scarif on Endor and intoduced the Hammerheads to explain the SDs ramming into the shield gate.

Right is cool because it's like a prototype for both Imperial and Rebel helmets

Left is cool and I would wear in real life just because it seems to afford the best protection for your face.

>SKB - Destroys the entire capital system of the New Republic along with the bulk of their fleet and shatters their morale and military.

That was only a temporary capital though.

stop talking about jj wars. now.

It was THE capital of the NR, it changed completely every so often. Chandrila is no longer the capital, Nakadia is no longer the capital. The Senate body was the main thing behind the NR government. It was on Hosnian Prime when it got nuked to hell.