Can we agree that the episode 3 fight was actually well handled and it makes sense how Jack was able to deal with them...

Can we agree that the episode 3 fight was actually well handled and it makes sense how Jack was able to deal with them much more efficiently compared to his previous encounter?

I think we're all in agreement that the fight was great

I think the implication is he was always a much better fighter than all of them combined but didn't do so well the first time around because he subconsciously wanted to be killed. That explains how they seemed so powerful / fast / unstoppable the first time around. It's not that they really did have that much power, it's that Jack wasn't right in the head and imagined them as more of a threat than they really were. After he took some time to recuperate with the wolf he started to see things more realistically again and they were super-easy for him to dispose of. The way his hallucination self has been changing in appearance depending on his physical condition is another big hint he's an unreliable narrator and that how his enemies come across depends heavily on how healthy his perception is at the time it's happening.

I don't know if I'd say all. I've seen plenty of people wondering how the hell Jack was able to crush them so easily in the rematch. The deciding factors would probably be
>He set an ambush and was able to quickly kill 2
>They couldn't do their hit and hide tactics in the snowy forest
>He got a hold of one of their weapons which didn't break like all the old junk he tried to use from the temple
>He forced the fight to end on a narrow tree branch to 1 vs 1 them

I hope the first Daughter he threw off the tree survived. Ashi needs at least one sister to play off of.

There's an appropriate number of Samurai Jack threads on Sup Forums. It would be weird if there weren't lots of Samurai Jack threads after it came back for the first time since 2004. Let the free market decide the number of threads related to each series.

Ashi's going to play off of Jack in the next episode. They need each other to escape from that pit. Another sister surviving would just get in the way.

Oh and one more thing
>The daughters were likely more tired from their search for Jack while Jack had been resting and gathering his strength

Main point
>Jack had some introspection and wasn't freaking out like before

I loved the memes we got out of it, but man did that club suck outside of that one homerun blow.

I'd rather they not even know the other is there. It's way too soon for them to work together. Jack could do it, but Ashi at this point should rather die killing the samurai than help him.

I guess a crushed head would have been a bit too graphic.

Surprised there hasn't been an edit with the guy from Walking Dead or Costanza.

But we already know what the next episode will be about, didn't you read the plot synopses that got posted? Jack and Ashi work are forced to work together to escape the pit in the next episode. None of the other sisters survived.

It was the shadow/light fight again.

No, I just saw the preview after the episode. Little upset, I've been worried about Ashi since the premiere and that's a sign it's doing exactly what I didn't want.

The fight was great, better than anything in the past several years, but a few small things bothered me. Bear in mind the following is mostly autistic nitpicking.

When he ambushed the first two sisters he threw a total of two spears and then he's seen running away with a third. I just think it's silly he made three spears when he could have made something more versatile? Maybe if one of the kills was with a crude tomahawk or something that would have been a little better.

There's another part where he's fighting 3 daughters with a club and he starts swinging wildly at the air and then suddenly stops for a breather. They don't attack him or anything, and then after they all take off running. It seems out of place and it interrupts the flow of combat.

Last one is when he tosses a daughter off a cliff, it just seems off. He just grabs her and throws her. He doesn't disarm her or parry or at the very least trip her or anything. These girls are supposed to be lightning fast like we saw in the previous episode. How could she just let him awkwardly grab her by the shoulders like that?

>They don't attack him or anything, and then after they all take off running. It seems out of place and it interrupts the flow of combat.
I also wonder what was up with that. Perhaps they were just being overly cautious and afraid to jump in while he was breathing heavily?

>These girls are supposed to be lightning fast like we saw in the previous episode

See:

They aren't really lightning fast (which makes sense since they're just mortal girls and couldn't possibly be faster than a full grown man). Jack's been an unreliable narrator and the stuff he sees / deals with changes dramatically depending on his state of mind. They seemed like an impossibly powerful threat the last episode because of how fucked up and suicidally depressed he'd been. But then he spent some time getting perspective with the doggo in the cave and saw them for what they really are in this episode, which is a bunch of girls he can murder relatively easily.

Spears are simple to make, but still deadly if used effectively. Both of those sisters were killed outright when he stabbed them with the spears. That amount of lethality is more consistent with a spear than a tomahawk, and Jack was aiming to pick them off quickly.

They're being cautious. He just killed two of their allies in a single breath, and they don't know what he'll attempt next. But honestly, those sorts of breather moments have been around often in SJ before, so it could just be for the dramatic experience.

I'll give you the last point; it was a bit off, considering that the last time Jack grappled one of them he walked away with a knife in the gut. When he grabs her, she's not even holding her weapon for a split second before she's thrown away.

One more ting!
>The daughters have a flaw in combat. They were taught not to help each other leaving them exposed. Twice, two girls were killed because their sister dindu nuffin about an incoming projectile

For the most part. There was quite a bit of wonky editing. The scene where Jack has two daughters in front, one in back. The following scene when they start running, suddenly all three are in front of him

about that fight, did anyone else notice pic related?

(I really liked this fight - I thought it was a cool counterpart to one of the fights in the temple - there, the environment was totally black and the fighters were white; here the environment was totally white and the fighters were black)

this nigga has clearly never played Rust
my M.O. when joining a new server is to craft up like 5 spears on my action bar real quick - they're fast to make, and I can throw several and still have one to poke with if I miss my thows.

Continuity errors that were too expensive (both in time and money) to fix, so they just left it there, like the boots in the second episode

It happens and its a shame it did but i guess if there ever was very valid criticism to the show, that would be it

perhaps they are getting fixed right now for a blu ray release?

the boots? what's that? the only one i know of from e2 was the 8 daughters in the bird's eye shot in the tomb

When Jack is first ambushed off his bike he gets rekt as he lands and you can see his boots fly off

After he goes rambo on the treeline and throws a grenade belt behind him you can see him running barefoot away from the explosions

When he's hiding and talking to the suduko ghost you can see his boots on until they're missing again during the sarcophagus fight

i was reminded more of this guy

fuckin noice, user

Their weapons changed constantly in the second episode. First the comes to mind is the one daughter in the tree stabbing out with the spear and then jumping out with swords.

Wish I could take credit for it, but, not mine.

>Maybe if one of the kills was with a crude tomahawk
Tomahawks are more labor intensive to make than spears.

>and then suddenly stops for a breather. They don't attack him or anything
Try fighting against a crafty fighting veteran.

You get paranoid because every little thing they do seems like a trap they're setting up.

> How could she just let him awkwardly grab her by the shoulders like that?
They've never been in such close contact with a handsome, nearly nude man before.

Consider also:

>Jack has fought them before now, and has a better understanding of how they fight

The only thing they do that surprises him at all is when they do that Shiva God of Death thing.

>They've never been in such close contact with a handsome, nearly nude man before.

>OH GOSH IS HE GUNNA RUB MY NOSE WITH HIS NOSE?

>*chucked off a cliff*

Since the girls seem to pull their weapons of nowhere, I just assumed they all had multiple weapons hidden away.

Also, in the previous fight the girls themselves viewed themselves as unstoppable killing machines, but were proven wrong when what's-her-face died. That, coupled with Jack's quick kills at the start of the rematch, definitely would have had a psychological impact.

These, Jack was able to fight so well because he was prepared and calm, he knew what he was fighting against, he knew where all of them were and how they fight.
the last time he got his shit kick in because he was ambushed, he didn't know where they were, how many they were, or what were they able to do, the only thing he knew is that they were fast and strong, also he was stressed and afraid.

>He just grabs her and throws her.
She was using a spear and he was inches from her face.

I'm no expert, but I'd say that's a huge disadvantage.

>club
It's a kanabō you baka gaijin

from the stance she was in at the very least she could have shoved him back

>These girls are supposed to be lightning fast like we saw in the previous episode.

These girls spent 2 days on ice cold water (maybe more) without eating a single bite. (We saw Jack eating, the daugthers don't even know how to do Jack outside of fighting.)

A cold, wet and starved body against a guy who finally got his shit together and ambushed them for the rematch; do the math.

Regarding the girl who got thrown, I think a big part of it was that she was just so surprised he grabbed her that she didn't know how to react in time. I mean they're both fighting with their weapons, the last thing she'd expect would be for him to grab her by the shoulders. Just straight up grabbing the bitch and throwing her was a pretty unconventional move on Jack's part. That's not something you'd see in a normal fight between two people.

Also this

He's also bigger, stronger and heavier than she is. Or seems to be at least. Makes sense he'd use something so simple to his advantage and not trying to outmatch their speed and swiftness if he didnt need to.

If you're in a fight and your opponent puts his hands on you regardless the natural reaction is to avoid a grapple. Especially since these bitches are as thin as a rail and Jack could easily twist their heads off like a bottlecap

Yeah but it didn't even look like Jack was trying to overpower her. He casually grabs her by the shoulders like he's at a school dance and then suddenly he tosses a bitch

The animation didnt seem to match the intent, I'll give you that. Then again, that could have been done for a humorous effect. Made me chuckle a little when it happened.
Might have even been funnier and more shocking if he grabbed her by the hips.

Jack just won because he had more prep time.

>He's also bigger, stronger and heavier than she is
Yep, the choreography suffers slightly from small animation errors and the expected difficult matter of retaining the influence of real world physics in a stylized show, but I think something we're supposed to obviously take from Ashi's change of tactic when Jack allows the kusarigama chain to wrap around his wrist is that she knew if she tried to pull using her strength alone he'd just release it and let her stumble back like an idiot or yank her forward easily.
So instead she pretends to close the distance to make him firm up his stance and plant himself, and then jumps suddenly down to use the leverage of her weight against him. He wasn't quick enough to just let go and let her drop, but he was quick enough to react when she kicked him off.

Anyway the point of it is just like when he headbutted the first sister into a wall and grabbed her wrist to prevent her from moving or attacking, Jack is definitely stronger than them individually. He deftly manages to block many strikes, sometimes barehanded, and even take their weapons from them without much difficulty.

Their strength is really their numbers and aggressiveness, but it wasn't enough once he began thinning them down and limiting how they could attack him.

When Jack is fighting Mecha Shiva and he blocks the blade with the club while they're midair, how did Jack just suddenly start flying to the right into the tree? I don't think he can Jump THAT Good.

To be fair, no one saw the first spear. I can't defend the case for the second spear though.

There's one instance of the girls helping each other out in pic related but other than that they usually fight on their own

Jack got them by surprise and made sure to take out two immediately. He also used the environment and camo.

Compare to the first fight where they were on him from the get go never let up pressure.

Who would win in a fight

Samurai Jack or Batman?

Both have prep time.

>There's another part where he's fighting 3 daughters with a club and he starts swinging wildly at the air and then suddenly stops for a breather. They don't attack him or anything, and then after they all take off running. It seems out of place and it interrupts the flow of combat
It's a parallel to how Jack was with the wolf early on. They were scared.

Could he take the 7 sisters in his prime?

assuming:

-has his runic sword
-Leg MG has ammunition
-has been given ample time to insult them prior
-his wife is watching

fight takes place in the snowy forest

Fuck yeah he could.

And it would be a sweet as fuck episode to boot.

Most likely. Given those caveats.

>his wife is watching
Honestly she would probably have an even better chance 1v7-ing them.

>dark woods
>dark temple

The girls in black have a clear advantage.

>snowy white woods

They don't.

You can add mental state on top of that but you don't need to.

What would he even insult them with? Unlike Jack there isn't a lot to them at first glance

>Ep 2
>"Why the hell is Jack getting his ass kicked by a bunch of teenage girls?"
>Ep 3
>Jack manhandles them all with his bare hands, like he realistically would.

That was satisfying.

I'm just curious regarding where their weapons come from.

Dumb masks, frail figures, weak weapons.

somebody already posted but:
>girls were trained together
>when there was 7 of them they tag-teamed Jack from darkness and kept him on the back foot
>as soon as he got 1-on-1 with one she was fucked
>but also the rest are weaker as a whole now
>skip to snow fight
>he ambushes them and basically kills 2 outright
>it's now 1 v 4 and girls are on the back foot
>Jack has the upper hand now cause girls are now almost 50% weaker then they originally were
>more if you take into account that as a unit they were better than sum of parts
>Jack ends it by cleverly positioning himself into a series of 1-on-1s where he knows he has the upper hand
Makes sense to me

>killing machines
>didn't use poisoned weapons

It made sense, but it could've been handled better in a cinematic way. There are logical reasons as to why he fought them so much better, but the cartoon didn't play those reasons up at all during or before the fight.

Take for example. Remember Jack fighting the shadow ninja in the original series? It was made very clear, and very obvious, in an entertaining and stylish way, why jack was able to win.

In this season, its handled differently, and is handled worse in my opinion.

it's hard to conceal poisoned weapons in anus

Unlikely that would have worked, it's fucking Jack, the guy isn't huge, but he has muscles, and was likely holding firmly on her shoulders. Combined that with just the sudden surprise of this guy whose been running away, using ambushes and generally being very avoidance in his fighting style suddenly snatching you by the shoulders, and it's understandable she didn't react right away, and that small window was enough for Jack

Jack likely studied judo, and various forms of wrestling as he traveled. He also studied under Buddhist monks, and they are all about shifting the center of gravity in unnatural ways. It's not really that strange to think Jack has various grapples and throws that don't seem that possible at first, and then you're plummeting to the earth Plus Jack is faster then the girls, presents a more imposing prescience, and knows timing, likely meaning he struck to grab the daughter when he knew she couldn't avoid him.

>could've been handled better in a cinematic way
I need to emphasize this.

The fact that there are so many posts and posters asking the same questions and so many posters coming up with diffeet answers (many of which required a lot of inferring), shows how flawed this show's writing is.

Or it's just people being nitpickers. A lot of people complain about Jack murdering the daughters so casually, despite the show spelling out why and how Jack can

He'd compare them with his beautiful wife, instantly demoralizing them when they realize they'll never be able to compare to the grace and majesty of Scotman's waifu.

he'd think of them cute, but malnourished and would try to feed them his wife's haggis, then they insult his wife's cooking and IT'S ON

>It was made very clear, and very obvious, in an entertaining and stylish way, why jack was able to win.
That's because it was still aimed at kids.

It's on Adult Swim now. An adult should be able to figure it out without the show having to spell it out in all caps.

Gotta get back, back to the pack.