Is 4K a scam or the best way to watch movies at home ever?

Is 4K a scam or the best way to watch movies at home ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-OxH1Od_MUI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The best way

It's kind of a waste if you have a normal HDTV and not a 4k one. But paying thousands of dollars for a 4k TV is scamming yourself.

Best to just avoid the situation until the TV's are actually affordable.

That is a big collection

I have a 4k gaming monitor that i watch my movies on, i sit about 2 feet from the screen.

Tell me about HDR, wide color gamut too

it's the future

>thousands of dollars for a 4k TV

4k TV's are cheap as fuck these days. You can buy them for under $300. Pretty soon you won't even be able to buy a non-4k tv in stores.

Is it possible to make 4K CRTs?

U U
U U

>under 300 dollars

maybe for a huawei 12 inch 4k tv

>Nolan collection
>doesn't feature his best movie
>but feature worst ones

which fucking movie is that

Memento, you massive pleb.

Gotham is more kino than the Dark Knight anyway. And the chicks are hotter than Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenfuck too.

youtube.com/watch?v=-OxH1Od_MUI

I was told by editor who works in the film industry that films remastered to 4K are a scam and aren't real 4K.

*an

Why no Insomnia and Memento??

4ku

Didn't know Jerome was coming back, what's with his hair? This moment in season three was kino tho.

Makes sense on a monitor, not on a TV from the recommended viewing distance

Nah, you can easily get a 40-incher for that sort of money when a decent deal pops up. It won't be great (and certainly won't have HDR and such), but it'll be 4K. They're dirt cheap these days. Far cheaper than PC monitors.

Nice digits
35mm films scanned in 4K are real
Most films are shot and edited in 2K digital though

I got a 50" Samsung smart TV for $300 Black Friday.

>Makes sense on a monitor, not on a TV from the recommended viewing distance

This is the big thing - it arguably doesn't have much utility for your average consumer level tv experience, not much that just sitting a bit further back from your 1080p tv won't get you. And it's wasteful as fuck for streaming or downloading.

But if you're moneybags building a no-shit home cinema with an 80' tv or something? Sure.

Of course it's also true that if you're buying a new tv any time soon anything you're likely to get will probably be a 4k unit anyway, and you don't lose anything by having one except having to buy a 4k player and getting stung full price for 4k movies that are probably long discounted on regular BD

It would be a big tv set.

Why did they not include Following, Memento, and Insomnia?

It was in the collection, "Bravo" a couple years ago.

Your fault for missing out.

>4k ultra hd video
>will still have overbearing audio mixing where you can't hear dialogue properly

>Is it possible to make 4K CRTs?

You could but you'd probably have to have it lowered into your house with a crane

>no Memento

dropped

i dont think they make tvs that arent 4k anymore user

For UHD.

4k isn't effective unless it's on a curved screen with 3D.

B R A V O
R V
A A
V R
O V A R B

hdr is more the scam

And with an expensive stereo system, not to mention a quality sofa from IKEA™, my fellow anonymous.