it's kino

yes

It was repetetive

better then the manga

was it rape?

Truck-kun strikes again

I GOT BORED

it was amazing, 2nd best sci fi of the past decade

Almost kino, the third act is just OK. I never mind the first two acts of the movie.

well crafted

Doug Liman is underrated

they couldn't think of a better title for the movie that's why it's not memorable or popular among normies

Is this better than Oblivion?

>The kiss

Why did they turn their camaraderie into romance? Only major issue l had with the film.

I don't remember

It was really good, one of the rare cases where the adaptation is better than the source material rita was a real badass.

Would you rather All You Need Is Kill?
Fucking hell why are gooks so shit at naming things?

It made sense for cage to fall in love with rita, the other way around isn't tho

that's the original name

Yes much better.

>tfw during my screening the movie crashed in the opening credits and they had to start it again

It was great and memorable movie thanks to that. Still wondering if this was intentionally done by that cinema.

Scientology Propaganda

I know that you fucking idiot, hence why I said it.

IIIIIIIIIII NEEEED TO KNOWWWWW NOW

Except for the cinematography - for which Oblivion is severely underrated - yes.

In the original he falls in love with her, but he has to end up killing her to stop the loop.

yeah its really bad but they're both sound like it's written by a 12 year old.

>10/10

I kind of wish the ending was a little different, but...fuck it. I thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of it ( plus I was trying to beat Contra 4 around that time ) It was an interesting parallel

It's a great movie

The ending is perfect. Top Cruisekino.

Oblivion had better cinematography and soundtrack but Live Die Repeat is better

Jack Reacher
Edge of Tomorrow
Oblivion
3 great cruise movies that I think normies totally ignored.

>Cruise tried to delay the inevitable and spent time with his waifu as much as possible

It really was. Sappy ending but the journey was worth it.

>that shit eating grin just before the credits start
Fuck I love this movie

>be a sleazy human
>die
>get reincarnated as a "maggot"
>die and reincarnated 100x of time each time becoming a better person
>find the Master and kill it
>transcend the cycle of Life/Death
>finally a happy person
Is Edge of tomorrow the most spiritual action film of last 20 years?

It was pretty solid. Could have been Kino if they actually adapted the LN instead of making a loosely inspired Hollywood flick, but it is what it is.

Different how? The last show of teary-eyed Cruise is GOAT.

Both bitter sweet and happy ends are good. I'd rather have a happy after that one in the manga.
>They have to nerf the mimic so Cruise could have a happy end

this

Nah, the novel is way too bleak and hopeless.
Nobody wants to sit through an entire movie full of struggle and pain only to see the protag end up losing it and humanity to go extinct.

oh fuck off, it the LN is the same as the manga then it's shit, the iron blade was better than the axe, not having to kill rita and stopping the invasion instead of just keep fighting was good.
i preferred the original monster design tho

Sounds pretty kino to me.

I thought them sacrificing themselves would of been more fitting to the story, BUT I can't lie, I did enjoy the ending they went with.

fucking loved it

The actual plot is similar until the finale, the main difference between the two is that you see things from Keiji's perspective and get to listen to his monologues, so shit like him slowly going crazy and repeatedly killing himself has a much bigger impact.
As far as the ending goes it's a lot less hopeful in the LN than the Manga. While the Manga ended on a bittersweet note in the novel they don't actually win against the ayys. They might have set them back by a few days but in return they now know what they fucked up and will never make the same mistake again, ie humanity is doomed and won't last much longer than a couple weeks after the novel ends at most.

Liked it, hated the fucking exo-suits though
They really should have gone with the manga designs instead

The protagonist writing the amounts of loops on his hand was such a good narrative device, why wasn't it used in the movie

He falls in love with Rita in the original too, he just doesn't really realize it until they have to kill each other

Any scifi movie with Cruise is kino

Thanks. I always rated Cruise. He just has a comfy on screen presence which I really enjoy.

Honestly I liked the movie more than the LN

if they do another street fighter movie she should play Cammy.

god i remember working in an old bakery job i had some cute homely girl looked like her was really shy and awkward would always come in and order some croissants i would give her extra everytime man i miss my old job.

One of the best films I've seen in a long time. A flawless victory.

Those urban looking cyberpunk exosuits they always have in these kind of movies are so fucking dumb. They are neither properly armored, nor are they mobile enough to avoid incoming damage. They are just huge sluggish hunks of metal that leave your body exposed for whatever reason. I will never understand why Hollywood can't get this shit right, it's always incredibly offputting.

>mfw I realised the reason Rita killed that many at the start of her career was because that was her loop day
I don't know how I missed it

>Cute
>Homely

Uh...

Also:
>Blunt
>Homely

Those exosuits are geared towards being offensive, they're basically suicide units that only carry more fire power, they don't care about the pilot, if the exosuit was hit anyway then it's useless, they would rather use the metal to produce more suits instead of adding armor to protect a soldier, keep in mind that especially in this movie they could throw noobs in it, so it's not like they're loosing professional soldiers

would have been better if they didn't replace sasha with le ebin crazy professor meme

homely wasn't the word i was looking for more like a shy introverted girl who was really sheltered

>based on a Japanese manga

Eat shit.

That guy dying and having his face ripped to shreds fucked me up when I was a kid. Couldn't sleep for a week after watching it.

>Get excited about JR2
>Forced it out of my memory it was so bad
The feminism pissed me off.

America just can't into mecha. They are all still stuck in that mindset that monster trucks with legs look cool

Autism. It's off-putting to you because you're retarded. Everyone else think it's badass as fuck and enjoys it.

It's a fucking movie, autismo, it's not an engineer's presentation for a prototype.

Please choke on my month-old semen load.

It would have been a terrible design if they werent basically suicide troops. You just ignore it or laugh at it.

The exosuits are designed to carry huge loads only. A proto-full-fledge-power-armor if you will. The one in the matrix are mechs designed for construction use.

I'm mad that they changed the time travel mean from tachyonic antitelephone to some random alien power up, with the former you don't need an alpha, any two people with that ability can rewind time indefinitely

No, it's off-putting because it looks like the prop team just went to a scrapyard, bought the three cheapest cars they could find, and just stitched them together without putting much thought into it.

Did they change it? It's been a while since I read the manga or watched the movie but isn't the "time travel" just the aliens sending memories back in time to warn themselves about complications and chart a more efficient course of action? It's not like Cruise actually travels through time, he just thinks so because he wakes up with all these memories from past loops.

No, in the movie the alien resets everything, it's not specified that it only sends memories like in the LN

Rita had been through the same thing and watched someone she loved die hundreds of times. Even if she didn't know Cage, she would still understand what he's going through and what she felt.

I can't think of a single movie of his where he ISN'T entertaining

Woah, people actually think this is good? I thought it was just memes.

Is it worth a watch? Rate out of ten?

8/10 for the first 2 thirds of the movie, 6/10 for the last third, 9/10 for the last scene before the credits

It was good until the very shitty hollywood last part.

7/10, it's a lot for an sci-fi action movie these days

Good movie, the ending is atrocious and they should have used the original ending.

It's a great movie, user. I highly recommend it

>they're making a sequel called Live Die Repeat and Repeat
I'm hype, even though it seems entirely unnecessary

should've been a prequel about rita in verdun

It'll probably cover it
>In an interview with Collider, McQuarrie said that Cruise had an idea for a sequel, and that the concept is "locked and loaded".[113] In April 2016, Doug Liman had signed on to direct the sequel, while Race screenwriters Joe Shrapnel and Anna Waterhouse will write the script for the film.[114] In October 2016, Liman stated that the film would "revolutionize how people make sequels", and went on to say that the story is "much better than the original film" and that it's "a sequel that's a prequel".[115][116] In May 2017, Liman revealed that the title will be Live Die Repeat and Repeat and that both Cruise and Emily Blunt will reprise their roles from the first film.[117]

wat

they talk about time traveling before the events of the first movie so we're probably going to get that
Too bad they'll have to double down on the timey wobbly bullshit to justify it

The BEST Anime/Manga Western Adaptation to date.
Leagues better than Ghost in the Shell.

>much better than the original film
from that ending, i highly doubt it

it sad that they fucked up time travel in this one, rita never lost her time travel power so only one should survive if they want to break that loop

Thats literally what it is

The way it works in the movie isn't how it works in the novel. I prefer the movie one, made more sense.

>from that ending, i highly doubt it
Maybe the sequel will end on her finding him after looping many times and then she has the shit eating grin.

And then IIIIIIIIIII NEEEEEEEEED TO KNOW NOOOOOOWWWW starts playing again

You got that the wrong way around mate. It makes perfect sense in the novel, the way the time travel works in the movie is the one that's vague as fuck, only very loosely defined, and results in a metric shitload of plot holes.
In the novel it's very clean and simple, in a situation of extreme duress their memories get sent back, in the movie you all of a sudden have actual time travel and resets and all sorts of shenanigans.

whe is Live Die Repeat and Repeat RELEASING!!?!?

and Luna Park sounds like comfy Crouse-SciFi keenö

what are you talking about, in the LN it made more sense, to make the time travel you need two antennas that send messages faster than the speed of light, so the receiver will get the message before it got sent then send it back to the initial transmitter, making him get the message way before he send it, in this case the message is cage's memories, it makes breaking out of the loop real clear, it also change the shitty "alpha" requirement, and you can have as many alphas as you want.

the alpha dying on reset instead of just surviving like when everything dies is stupid and has zero sense.

GREEN TEA

It's a solid military scifi movie. One of the best you'll find.

Super happy fun good ending ruined it.
Also Tom Cruise.

>Scientology propaganda
No.

How?