Here's why this Luthor failed:

Here's why this Luthor failed:
Luthor when portrayed correctlyhas a character arc that goes kinda like this.
First he tries to buy superman.
He fails.
Then he tries to control superman.
He fails.
Then he tries to discredit superman
He fails.
Then he tries to kill superman through indirect means. (Like making matallo or bizaro)
Then after years of failing he decides to throw caution to the wind become a irrational and decides to take out superman himself even it puts him in danger.(injecting kryptonite laced venom in his system or using his war suit.

They decided to rush right to the end of his arc. The irrational careless Luthor is the won they introduced us to and he immediately became a joke.

Tell me what the fuck was he gonna do once Doomsday killed Superman? He'd have no idea of stopping it and earth would be screwed. This is stupid and only fits in his character after he's spent years fighting superman and get desperate. Seriously fuck this movie.

Oh shut the fuck up you Sup Forums bitch

No one cares about your lame ass comics

Eisenberg lex was based. /thread

I think he should have got an oscar nomination for this role.

One of the most underrated acting performances of this decade.

This.

fpbp

I'm sure the actor went up there and acted the way the character was written in not critizing that. Its the writing that's terrible not the performance.

Fears superman because he doesn't answer to anyone.
Proceeds to make an uncontrollable monster that answers to no one.
Whatever you say.

Eisenberg Lex was the first Luthor I kinda liked.
The other business man Luthor were kinda lame, buff guys who were just serious all the time.
Then there was the Gene Hackman Luthor who was a funny man with his bumbling sidekick (did everyone forget about THAT portayal of Luthor?) He is bascially a clown in those movies.

Eisenberg-Luthor was a weird combination, a bizarro hybrid. And I liked that.

They could explain it all by showing that he has a history of losing to batman but nah he's only mad a fly boy and not bat boy

You know what would have been better?

If they made BvS just a solo supermen film, actually used the time to develop Lex's character so we can see his translation from a well respected, wealthy public figure to an insane megalomaniac who develops an inferiority complex in the presence of a god-like being.

That movie was so long ago I don't think you can really compare the 2 really. Movies were so different back then. Even in the comics lex was portrayed as a goofy mad scientist. He wasn't a business mogul until the 80s I think.

Or they could have had lex create a somewhat sentient being for the good guys to fight. Why not turn wheel chair guy into parasite or metallo or even atomic skull. Why not clone superman and make bizaro. They had to choose the unstoppable hate monster for it so that he can stomp a huge hole in lexs plan. His plan is stupid therefore he's fucking stupid.

Now doesn't that sound more interesting that what we got?

Lex Smallville version was best Lex. Period.

>Lex Smallville version was best Lex. Period.
This.

Or if they'd made it a stand alone The Dark Knight Returns rises adaption?

Yeah I'd say he's the best live action version of the character

it´s capeshit, who the fuck cares, faggot

It failed because most moviegoers around the world are still anti-semites

the gene hackman lex was the one that reinvented him as a real state mogul i think

You would be surprised at how many people haven't actually watched the classica capeflicks like Donner's Superman and Burton's Batman. These are the same people that shit on any new portrayal of these characters too. There have been threads where one user says how HE would make a Batman movie and basically describes shot for shot the opening of the Burton film, and all the other faggots reply saying that would be great, that he should be hired instead of Snyder, etc.

yes, but he was still a goofball.
"OTIS - BURG?!"

Not that I dislike that goofy aspect, but Eisen-Lex seems to be the least of the problems of the movie. His overacting was one of the more enjoyable performances in BvS, at least for me.

>people defending eisenberg's luthor
Come the fuck on. He was dreadful.

i think it had more to do with eisenburg being miscast

and luthor being misrepresented as being actually crazy enough to kill humanity

dont get me wrong, its an interesting interpretation, im glad they tried it, but it ended up being a little too flaky, it was neither smart enough or dumb enough for the audience

Its basic plot structure you don't bring a nuke to a gun fight

Doomsday wouldn't hurt Lex since he's partly made out of his blood.

The 1st thing Doomsday did was swing at lex. He would have been paste if superman wasn't there.

Eh. I mean, he never tries to buy Superman but he does try to control him (by forcing him to fight Batman), to discredit him (by manipulating media) and to kill him indirectly (through Batman and Doomsday)

the end of the movie implies that he has contacted darkseid as well, who is probably far more dangerous than doomsday/cgi punch monster

this is the second time they have reimagined a complex DC villain as being a genocidal fruit loop

Here's why this Luthor failed: Snyder

Theoretically Lex felt that doomsday would answer to him

Yes

I wanna be CEO of LexCorp just so I could eat candies

Bronze Age Lex was a fairly serious character though he did quip and could actually be nice sometimes (just not to Superman)
A nice touch to those comics was that it sometimes implied that in the future Lex and Superman end up being friends again

True. But usually they usually focus on these methods one at a time over the course of a natrual character evolution. They kinda just stuffed it all in there and stirred the pot until we got something really unconventional.

literally everything is wrong with this numale lex