Unsounded

Is there any thing that would be illegal or considered war crimes in Unsounded?

Other urls found in this thread:

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch07/ch07_72.html
casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch07/ch07_75.html
casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch07/ch07_65.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe making plods of aldish corpses?

>Oh, it seems like General Bell is a man of faith and good intentions. Nothing to worry about then.

also what the hell is Keon doing back there? doesn't look like a flashback to Ethelmik.

>badonking
Kek

Get ready for the Aldish civil war that's only stopped cause Duane is Ssael and he's gonna convert all the Aldish Gefendur to his righteous friggin crusade against... I'm not sure what he'd crusade against, now that I think about it. Maybe a crusade to extend the Dammakhert, with alterations to eliminate all normal pymary so no one can use it to do horrible things anymore?

Oh, lordy, Bell is the Crescian version of Duane. He's a fucking MAN OF FAITH. This is gonna be good.

Bell is the crescian version of Bodie.

Unleash the unnatural "force of nature" FOR THE GOOD OF YOUR FAITH (TM).

Hang on, how come he's revealing all his treasonous plans to that air headed toyboy?

Because the 'boytoy' is actually one of his agents?

You think Toma got cucked by a mere rent-a-dick?

What's with all the niggers?

>Bell is the Crescian version of Duane.
Fuck you buddy. Duane isn't a treacherous murdering piece of shit.

Took the weekend to jog my memory.
Fuck you Karl, you piece of shit

And that's the pin he has on his hat in today's page.
God damn it.

Because he's the wright who leeched the chirograph operator that Bell killed, and that probably wasn't the first person Bell had him do.

Hopefully Elka beats him ugly at some point.

It's a bad scene when karl the crazed caster is the least unhinged person in the room.

well shit. When I first reread that, I was thinking he was collecting the badge to give to that girl, but he's just being a thieving nigger, isnt he.

Keon.

Your hands are dripping Keon, I don't think this is working out

Whats the Gen. Bell's endgame? Overthrow his queen and genocide Alderode? Cause it doesnt look like he knows what the silver weapon really is.

Bell probably merely commissioned a weapon and doesn't give much of a shit about how it works except that it does horrible things to those he calls his enemies.

i wonder how good of a wright Karl is. Is he just playing pymaric janitor to Bell's dirty work ?

From the thumbnail it kinda looked like he was holding a hamburger.

>But I'm not fucking my sources
But where the fun there, then?

Anyway, it's interesting he mentions "sane" alds. I wonder what sort of weird people they'd have to be for a crazy traitorous general to consider them sane. Cresce has more problems with Alderode than just their state approved heresy religion. I could see some crazy Geffendur Ald working with a Crescian to kill some Ssaelit, but I really do wonder what else is going on here with Bell's Alderode counterpart.

I'm almost positive it's someone in Duane's old church, maybe even the old pope himself. Bell needs someone desperate, and we know the Ssaelit were nearly desperate enough to use the plague to kill Gefendur. I imagine that was a clue (Ashley likes clues) that they're desperate enough now to pair up with a crazy black tongue lizard and a crazy Crescian general.

Hell, it could even be Duane's brother, which would make for quite a homecoming when the zombie gets back to Alderode. Actually that's cool enough that I'm putting my money on it. Bell's working with Lemuel.

I was thinking that myself, as it makes a certain bit more narrative sense given what we've seen so far. Tying the Crescian coup plot closer to what we've already seen of Alderode rather than some as of yet completely unknown faction.

But it also raises even more questions, because that'd make them about as far away from Bell as you could possibly get. Which I guess adds to the pottery of it. I could even see the Alderode side also being fueled by a hatred of any potential peace process. Just pile that pottery on: two people who hate the idea of their countries being at peace colluding with each other. I never read it, but I heard a scifi series did that once with two xenophobic terrorist groups trying to stop a peace conference and then joining up when they encountered each other, irony be damned.

General Bell did nothing wrong

It all comes back to those warmongering Gefendur. It always does, eventually. Someone needs to DO something!

Please don't.
I'm surprised nobody's put a bane mask on general bell and called him a big guy. I hesitate to even mention it because I know one of you assholes thinks it would be funny. Don't you fucking do it.

You understand spoiler tags and the power they provide. And you think this gives you power over me?

If I posted said photoshop, would you die?

Just for you, user.

Because it's Unsounded, and if the only thing it does better than cool magic duels is endless chapters of nothing but narration and exposition then god damn it'll do it. Ashley will find a way to dump backstory and exposition, no matter what. This comic would be 10 times better if it made greater use of subtlety and cut down dialogue by like 50%.

But the dialogue and the exposition are mostly why I love it so much. Am I a bad person?

Looks like a tacit caster unless Ashley just omitted his casting dialog.

Huh. Has she omitted that before?

IIRC he was saying magic words at the waterfall.

Nah fuck off. The dialogue and exposition are great.

Pretty sure you're thinking of Keon, the wright with the two-toe hands.

I remember her omitting casting dialog before in fights, not specifically for him. I think Elka's fight with the guardsmen, for example.

Usually when someone is "too far" away she will not give them dialog bubbles for their casting, but they still appear to be saying something.
Karl isnt even moving his mouth and looks to be interacting with the Khert.

Yeah my mistake, thought user meant whatever he's doing in the background here shooting out blood.

Whatever the fuck hes doing he either discovered or summoned some kind of eel.

I just reread that section and she had the Tainish scribbles whenever she cast. Might be missing something else but I think Karl may be tacit.

Tacit casting wouldn't make him a GOOD wright, just a uniquely gifted one. He could've squandered it to be a portable core leeching body disposal team for all we know.

Well its enough of an advantage to make a Plat like Quigs whine about it.

It's certainly an advantage in a fight, because it means you aren't broadcasting your next move to your opponent. But you sill have to know how to spell.

>Whats the Gen. Bell's endgame? Overthrow his queen and genocide Alderode?
Not sure about genocide except maybe for ssaelits but definitely the overthowing of the vits council and destruction of the dhamakhert

Guarantee you it's Shadwe's right hand, and possibly Shadwe himself.

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch07/ch07_72.html

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch07/ch07_75.html

Shadwe is known to be friendly with Bastion Winalils, and this right hand guy stops him from giving away too much information.

Take a good look at this guy, does he look familiar?

Probably not, but here is, earlier that day speaking to Bastion and shadowing Duane.

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch07/ch07_65.html

DELETE THIS

SOMEBODY GET THIS HOTHEAD OUTTA HERE!

>Hell, it could even be Duane's brother, which would make for quite a homecoming

I'm pretty sure that Lemuel was involved in Duane's mutilation/murder. Don't the Aldish 'inherit' their brothers' wife if they die?

Ah ok, I was busy and couldn't check that section myself. I did find this page where there's no scribbles for Quigley. Maybe they were omitted because it's obvious he's casting and space was used for speech bubbles, or maybe Ashley forgot.

I really like the exposition.

Nah, the Crescian Version of Duane is Toma
Good man, Faithful in the good will and righteous cause of his state, held in high regard by his peers but currently in exile from his home.

Bell is more like Bodie, trying to undermine his opposition within the state through treacherous means for the "greater good"

Dead man walking, meet literal dead man walking.

The exposition here is serving a dual purpose. And, in fact, barely counts as exposition at all because there's pretty much nothing in it we didn't already know from a plot standpoint. We already knew that Bell hated the Queen, we already knew he was plotting some kind of coup and was working with this guy, and we already knew he was colluding with some Ald.

What we didn't know was the nature of Bell's character. This is the first time we really get to see Bell talk to someone not as the face he wears for the public as part of his political aspirations, but with a fellow conspirator. And it's pretty clear he's a bit out of it. He genuinely believes in his plot as for the best for Cresce. He's also drawn a bit like a madman and doesn't seem to appreciate the hypocrisy of his colluding with an Ald to kill someone who isn't strong enough on wiping out another country.

I'd forgotten about that little chestnut.

>destruction of the dhamakhert
And I'd also forgotten about how much that plays into people finding Alderode to be a bunch of weirdos. I wonder if that could be the possible in. It'd be odd for Shadwe or his right hand man to be in on it, but it would make some sense that the one kind of Ald Bell would work with are those who want to destroy the dhamakhert and caste system that comes with it.

Ashley said if another tacit caster turned up she'd make a huge deal of it, otherwise everyone is talking out loud and she's not bothering to draw their tainish muttering.

What, exactly, hasn't quits whined about?