Can someone explain what the fuck happened with this character?

Can someone explain what the fuck happened with this character?
>originally babbling retard woman that led tribe of fish mutants
>then proven to be a normal human despite everyone else being a fish mutant and them all speaking the same language and wearing the animal hats
>animal hats end up being not because of fish people but because of weird utopia island where humans came from
>Susan was a normal girl before and went off on a mission and never came back
>somehow became a retard and lived with fish people and taught them her ways and language
>also suddenly a lesbian
I'm so fucking confused.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Sup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She went retard because of the cybernetic implant. I guess there were unforeseen negative side effects.

The hyoomans are just mutated humans. In Stakes, humans wore hats before they went to the Island, so it might have already been part of thei culture. Either that or they copied Susan.

Lesbian is debatable, but it's not like she was confirmed hetero.

I'll add that they obviously just made shit up as they went along. They probably didn't have her backstory planned until Dark Purple.

>until Dark Purple
Dark Purple was two years ago, you're giving them too much credit.

I don't think so. The Visitor had Martin recall events in Min and Marty including a flashback of the guardian. Stakes is kind of like a prequel too.

All AT ladies are assumed lesbians until proven otherwise

Most of those flashbacks were just references though, like the boat and tiger referring to Life of Pi. The tiger never even got on the boat with Finn.

Even just the fact that baby Finn was on a boat. I feel that they must've had at least a vague idea of where they were headed.

While some details are still missing and may never be explained (such as the crash and how she ended up living with the hyoomans), I thought it was pretty straightforward. Like said, they obviously didn't have it all planned out from the beginning, but I think they managed to make it work.

They were clearly speaking a different language, not "babbling retards"

Because Adventure Time's writers rely on manipulating "muh emotions"(tm) in order to make you ignore all the gaping plotholes, inconsistencies and all around boringness because all the good comedy it had evaporated around Season 5.

>Islands
>boring

And Imaginary Resources was funny.
>BAN!

Her ship crashed in the water. That's clearly meant to imply she was found by the hyoomans afterward.

>lesbians
Fucking YAWN. Same old sugarshit.

Snoopy's character interactions made no damn sense. They really had no idea what they wanted to do with her, so just threw in everything they could think of. The confrontation was so schizophrenic, nonsensical, and abruptly-resolved. Which could be said about everything about the show in general these days.

>implying it was Sugar's intention to make Bubbline canon

All she did was make them hate each other over a song and bond with an old t-shirt.

Humans always wear animal hats to protect them from vampires. Apparently the whole world was overrun with vampires until Marceline wiped them out

Don't forget them hungry-lookin' rainbows.

I maintain it's a one-sided crush on Frieda's part.

The ending was rushed. I think the resolution was fine for Minerva and Frieda, but they tried to cram both plots into one episode, and they both suffered as a result. There wasn't enough interaction between Susan/Frieda and Finn/Minerva to be truly impactful.

I agree.

>>also suddenly a lesbian
She's recconnected with her childhood friend and is traveling with her. This makes her gay. Sure. I really want better b8 and better arguments. I come to this board for comics and cartoons not gender politics and sexual identities.

The show became cancerous garbage shit, OP. That's what happened.

>also suddenly a lesbian
We're living in an age where friendship between female characters is instantly interpreted as homosexuality unless a blatant male love interest is around.

>I'm so fucking confused
You just need to leave the basement from time to time.

user most cartoon shippers need little excuse to ship couples. Friends? ship. angry rivals? ship were in the same checkout lane? ship.

>Lesbians
Do you feel like girls like girls in AT and SU only 'cuz they're 'sposed ta?

There aren't any canon lesbians in AT. But some writers sure do love to shiptease.

if i become a progressive and leave all my doors open how long would it take for a jihadist to sneak on me and behead me?
im tired of life

Quite long actually, you are more likely to die from a shark attack.

guys
guys look
i'm doing the Sup Forums thing

guy guys

look

we need more muslims then

Or more sharks.

its working isnt it faggot?

sharks dont kill for allah tho
i have to actally get on the way of a shrak for it to kill me

Until we start giving sharks Qurans.

In the sense that you're successfully making us tired of you by being really boring and spreading obvious Russian propaganda then yeah it sure is working, flying colors, comrade

What is this thread about again?

>making us tired of you
how many people are there with you user?
i usually post on Sup Forums alone

>i have to actally get on the way of a shrak for it to kill me
Objectively untrue.

Fuck off, shark.

Sharks using Islam as a scapegoat.

>how many people are there with you user?
Well there's me and the user that originally responded to you so that's at least two. Hence "us", which is a plural pronoun. I know they don't teach English very well in Russia.

do sharks kill for fun?
chmips do, we could raidcalize them

a shark isnt going to come to my home to kill me
i have to go all the way to the beach
and they do in mexico?

Ypu are forgetting the lesbian gladiator couples that were confirmed gay. Or the fact huntress wizard participated in the Wizard Tournament even though the prize was a kiss from PB. And the most obvious is pb and marceline.
Ironically you guys are the delusional ones since you are too dumb to notice this shit

>All these shark shitposters in this thread with their shark lies

MODS

better than tumblrs 12-14 girls demographic and their perpetual raid tho

If people lived in the ocean, then shark attacks would exponentially increase.

Conversely, more people are living with muslims and now were getting blown up and ran over with buses.

>huntress wizard
>lesbian

pick one.

there is no coherent story, there is no DEEPEST LORE.
adventure time is the product of many, many, many different story boarders each with their own ideas and background stories that often clash and don't mesh at all.

That's ends up being pretty fun if you don't take it too seriously.

Didn't sugar also ship Finn x Marceline?

tumblr happened

problem is the story boarder take it too seriously
they will try to do a serious episode and then next episode will be about farts or something

>t. eupropean
Hm... Really makes my neurons fire

>eupropean
pls be bait

A lot of times they just don't, because one storyboarder will throw in something like that and another one has to try to give it some kind of payoff a few years later. A lot of times they only remember those scenes because someone on the staff saw a discussion about it on some message board.

Rebecca Sugar killed this show.
Seriously, this show went downhill after season 2.

If her taking the les pill means that Bubbline is sunken for good with no survivors, so be it.

boards.Sup Forums.org/co/thread/91072309#bottom
Proof.

The AT writers make up a lot of shit as they go, but I think Susan Strong was probably decided from the beginning. Finn is supposed to be the last human, you don't just introduce a second human character if you don't have an idea of what you'll do with them.

I don't like Flame Princess but I'd say most of her work on AT was pretty good.

>Power Animal
>Chamber of Frozen Blades
>Mortal Folly
>Morituri Te Salutamus
>What Was Missing
>Simon and Marcy

To say she "killed the show" is ludicrous.

You are delusional.
Did you forget what she did to Finn, Marceline and Ice King?
Or how she wrecked the tone of the show?

WHY DOS EVERYONE HAVE TO BE LESBIANS

Finn? That's a new one. She wrote Finn just fine. I was fine with the Marceline/IK sub plot too.

Her style can be quite drama heavy, which doesn't always translate well to Adventure Time like in the episodes Incendium and Burning Low. But when she got it right it was really great (Simon and Marcy for example). Saying she wrecked the tone of the show is a bit much.

Not in my Great Barrier Reef!

A shame isn't it?

No likes gays.

Because they're cute.

>EVERYONE
there are a few hundred million non-lesbian women in fiction to barely a hundred thousand lesbian women, if not less

Sharks must be the worst way to die

Belongs in the trash

That fucking white ice son of a bitch doesn't deserve to be the MC that's why. We even invented a better version of him to be cooler!

Youb shoddily made fan art as a response won't throw me off bubblinefag

FINNCELINE

Yes. Keep posting that

Pretty much. Only way Finn will get any action is if he turns himself into a girl

Wow this is hot garbage. Once again glad I dropped this shitheap

she was always lesbian at least, dont you remember her hot deaf deathsquad trashing porp corp?

>>Islands
>>boring
Extremely so. It was just dull as it failed to make you care about anything other than Finn's actual quest. The entire trip was a waste of time save for the last couple of episodes.
And even then the flashback between his parents fell flat as once again it added nothing new to what we could guess.
And then the last episode constructs a bullshit threat to cap it all off, throwing the usual emotional beats to cheat you into thinking you saw something good and meaningful.

It's an Adam Sandler trick.

>Did you forget what she did to Finn
That was xayaphone and muto. Xayaphone outright hated Finn and wanted to humble him and Muto wanted to project his insecurities when growing up and childhood expieriences on Finn. Leading to almost an entire season of shitting on Finn. While they stopped shitting on him eventually they never did give him back any of his love interests. Which fucking blows because The Pajama War Shows just how well PB and Finn still fit together. But nope, gotta have our lesbians and Xayaphone uses Cinnamon Bun as a self insert so he can be with Flame Princess. So Finn still loses. God fuck this show. This is what happens when you don't exercise totalitarian control on your writers and boarders.