>1,110 days until Avatar 2

Other urls found in this thread:

days.to/until/avatar-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Based

based true thread, fuck the falseflagging fakers

FUCK AVATAR BRO

Gas all capeshitters.

user. I'm serious here. You're dealing with forces beyond your control. Stop this madness.

CAPESHIT IS TRASH TOO

Actually based

ya'll posting in a bot thread

YOU CAN'T KEEP THIS UP!

>yfw this is a convuluted plan to make Sup Forums hyped for a movie they have no intention of seeing

Based true countdown poster

Bots can't be based, retard

days.to/until/avatar-2

oh no...

>he isn't seeing Avatar 2
???

Wasn't 1.110 days yesterday?

Based.

That's factoring in hours. I'm just using raw days.

>Go to Sup Forums for some quips. X days until Avatar 2 starts playing

BASED AVATAR BRO

Neither am I. I saw the first one and it sucked, why would I go back for more?

Based you can't keep this up poster

>the number 1 film of all time that changed cinema forever
>sucked
???

>2017
>NO sign of Abatap all year
whats the point

b-but it was just like pocahontas! it had no cultural impact!!!

Abatap is dead, user.

James Cameron brings us back to the environment creating filmmaking techniques of David Lean in his film/rollercoaster "Avatar." His establishment of atmosphere and world through artificial cultures and organic hierarchy makes this work feel as though the audience is transported to a place that is both real and fantastical. This combination makes for the most engrossing of aesthetic experiences. The extensive work done by Cameron and his team is expressly evident in every aspect, and the rewards are no less than magic for the soul. Easily the best film of 2009, I do feel that Cameron came just short of creating his masterpiece with this one. An issue arises when Cameron inserts his political ideology into the mix. He blurs the line between art and propaganda at more than one moment, and this is a dangerous thing to do; partly because it feels injected and contrived, partly because it lowers the satisfaction of the audience members by bringing politics into the mix, and partly because propaganda is the very most manipulative kind of pseudo-art. I give Cameron a great deal of respect for countering the move toward "realism" that is currently infecting filmmakers.

Based based you can't keep this up poster.

Only reason im not killing myself is to see if avatar bro makes it

>Dances with Wolves in space!
>Smurf Pocahontas!
>Ferngully with aliens!
any other typical butthurt hater lines?

Abatap was killed in Ukraine in 2015.

Thank you, based Avatarbro.

I'll see you tomorrow.

Interconnected humanism. Arguably Cameron's strongest in regards to his immaculate blend of tech fetishes, romantic sweep, high-concept ideas, and classical structure/discipline. A big brain and brawn and heart collage, and just plain ravishing adventure. Cameron is a pro at basic, fundamental mechanics; fluid, gripping, efficient exposition, gradual succession of set-piece intensity, sturdy characterization, and mixes of genre. "It's just Pocahontas!", they say. Excuse me, but does your precious Pocahontas (ignoring the common knowledge and reliance on the mythic idea of the 'hero's journey' for centuries) have giant-bowie-knife-wielding-mech-suits battling alien creatures? Or massive native arrows plunging through mean little men as they desperately try to uphold their capitalistic escapade? Or dragons, connected and controlled through nature's constant flourishing shared energy, tag-teaming future-helicopters so they go boom boom against the sides of floating mountains? Or an entire fabricated language? Or a planet of complete transcendence
due to peerless conceptual design, detail, movement, and vitality? Or computer-generated effects which, 8 years on, still melt the mind? Just *look* at the moment where an alien and a human touch each other for the first real, actual time, and the texture, care, delicacy in not just the scene, but the composition itself! Cameron builds action and conflict around character, and yet it only helps that he's still the finest craftsman in the business. No blockbuster before or since looks or sounds as refined, bombastic, and studied as this one. There's endless motion and acrobatic grace in how the Navi dance across the frame, and it's never chopped up to bits. Cameron lets you see it all. And what a sight. Seamless, magnificent spectacle, and one of the greatest films in the history of cinema.

P.S. For all you 'filmBros' out there, this "forgotten" movie sure gets shit on a lot by you, and yet you're still talking about it. Hmm.

based SD

I saw James Cameron at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like three Coca Cola cans in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the cans and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each can and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

BASED

Bump.

NO ONE FUCKING CARES.
Star Wars in 10 fucking days fampais!!!!
Marvel Infinity War in 150 days bros!!!!

no one fucking cares about a washed up old director making a sequel no one wants. I'll be spending my allowance on star wars

blue Zoe is best Zoe

Stale meme
Inb4
>hurr durr, ged owd xdd

Fuck off capeshitter. Your shit will never beat Avatar

BASED CAMERON WILL DESTROY CAPEKEKS.

WATCH AND LEARN HOW TO MAKE AN ACTION FILM, MANCHILDREN.

I'm going to marry a Navi!

2 days until Avatar 1110

>he spams it everyday

This is what butthurt haters actually believe
Cry more

But how do we knoe you're the real abatap?

wow i cant believe it's already so close

BASED AVATAR 2 COUNTDOWN POSTER

Will abatab be allowed to post again when Avatar 2 releases?

FAKE NEWS

ah-bloo-bloo

You can't keep this up

Let's get this out of the way up front. I'm a big James Cameron fan and you can look at my embarrassing love letter to him in the form of a Titanic Review here. I think it's brave of myself to even draw attention to it again. I understand why some people don't like his films, or simply don't like certain of his films. I'm not here to convert anyone.

Yes it's Pocahontas and Dances with Wolves done with blue Thundercats, but I don't care. Some of the greatest films ever made are simply different takes on old stories and this is no different. Although I don't rank this among the greatest films ever made, I do rank the production of the film amongst the best with very few coming close to being it's equal.

As with every Cameron sci-fi film, the movie is filled with futuristic technology that not only seems completely possible but it looks like it actually works. Ever since Aliens, his first film with a decent budget, Cameron has filled with sci-fi worlds with believable tech.

The film is filled with archetype characters with mostly no character development which I think is fine for the most part. Using archetypes in a film like this is acceptable to me as opposed to what you would see in, let's say a Michael Bay film, which would be no type of character or characterization period.

Sam Worthington does a fine job playing a grunt, I'm just thankful we didn't have to see him attempt to play his scientist twin brother. I loved Zoe Saldana's motion capture performance as Neytiri. Stephen Lang gives us a stereotypical slightly over-the-top performance as Colonel Miles Quaritch and I'm guilty of loving it. Surprisingly Sigourney Weaver does nothing for me in this film while I love the fact that Michelle Rodriguez has fully embraced her typecasting. I vow to never complain again about Rodriguez portraying some sort of police officer or military personnel.

What a great time to be alive!

A time when James Cameron is back on top of his game and when the magic of special effects have become as breathtakingly stunning as they are.

And breathtaking truly is the word here. Because not only is Avatar a fantastic sci-fi film, but it's taken movies in general to a whole new dimension, far beyond everything we've previously seen.

The CGI looks so real that you can almost touch it (especially in 3D) and it's hard to believe that Pandora and its inhabitants were all made in a bunch of computers. That's just how amazing this movie looks.

My only complaint concerns the story and some of the dialogue, as its highly predictable and quite thin. Most of the plot events feel very familiar and are unfortunately rife with clichés and stereotypes. It's a pity, because it dragged down the overall experience a bit.

Even so, it's still an amazing film that made my jaw drop more than a few times. And to give you an idea of just how awesome it really is, I've here gathered some of the titles it deserves to be awarded with:

* Best film of 2009

* Best CGI effects of all-time

* One of my top 30 favorite movies

* Most realistic animation ever created

* One of the top 10 films of the 00's

* One of the greatest sci-fi films ever made

The bottomline is: this is no ordinary cinematic experience. It's a mindblowing and emotional thrill ride, that'll take you to a place beyond your wildest dreams. A visual masterpiece, that truly leaves you lost for words.

post yfw at LEAST 2,585 days until Avatar 5

Based true you ant keep this up poster

I love the film too something you never really touched upon is how Cameron actually set the first film up.

He plotted out the outlines and foundation like he knew he would be back to it. Things like the network and ecosystem was obvious to me that they were going to be expanded upon, also with Quaritches Death on the Planet you knew hye would be back in some form too because he died and upset the balance because his energy is either in Limbo or that wasn't actually him who died at the end.

In terms of sci-fi I can't wait to see what this film does next.

This thread will never reach 300 posts

I never get the hate Lang's character gets. He's not purely evil for the hell of it. He hates the planet because it challenged his masculinity. Listen to that monologue again where he talks about his first day on Pandora, and how it gave him the only scar he ever had throughout his entire military career. He goes on to call the Na'vi savages (despite clearly being a savage himself) to make himself feel better.
This is a character with his own motivations. He's not a pawn by which the film transparently needs a villain to initiate conflict despite having no reason to do so.
We don't spend time with the other characters because they aren't important to the plot. You don't make a full backstory about the guy at the liquor store a main character bought some beer from before getting in a car wreck. But even then, Cameron goes as far as giving them clear personalities without infecting the running time. He keeps the film moving.
STORYTELLING.

>...it is the same story as pocahontas and dances with wolves but that can be said about many films, they just hide it better than this one...

I think the problem lies with the people who lack the ability to see below the surface and understand what else is going on in this story, because there is a whole hell of a lot more going on than you think. Most people only see what's utterly obvious and up-front. They say it's Pocahontas in space, yet it's far more similar to The Fast and the Furious, and it's not set in space.
When did people lose the ability to comprehend and understand things on their own without having everything shoved in their face?

Here's the thing: I understand that people don't want to have to work in order to fully enjoy a movie, but some of this stuff is just so god damn obvious that it's somewhat pathetic how such a large amount of people can not see anything that isn't *completely* obvious on a childish level. It's okay to watch movies for entertainment purposes only, but to have such a low understanding of why this story is well-told because you can't comprehend anything that isn't spoon-fed to the audience is just sad. Just plain sad.
People need to pay attention.

You misspelled “decades”

BO gross is not a rating and cannot function as one because people pay *before* they view a movie in the theater. Not in the IMDB Top 250. ONLY 83% on RT. Won 3 Oscars...technical.

That's not what it deserves. Not even close.

>allowance
pppfffffffffft

An appealing, lavishly rendered science fiction epic, James Cameron's "Avatar" is striking entertainment. Coupling a cinematic world of originality with a well-worn story, the director fashions a riveting and lush piece of cinema.

Taking place on a far-off world where humans control genetically engineered avatars to mingle with the indigenous population, "Avatar" follows a particular human who becomes close to one of the locals. Becoming part of the native community, that man grows opposed to the treachery of his fellow human interlopers.

Part romance, part war film, part observation of cultural and ecological destruction, "Avatar" spreads itself thin with its many themes. Cameron is never subtle about his points, but they grant the narrative a sense of purpose and importance.

Beyond a certain timeliness of story, Cameron's thrust behind "Avatar" is the world built by his team of artists and technicians. It is a three-dimensional landscape of detailed and breathtaking flora and fauna. It is deep and alive, verdant and dynamic. This effects-driven and art-designed world makes up for the film's rather two-dimensional humans.

Though Cameron delights a little too much in battle scenes and heroic theatrics, "Avatar" has the power to stun. It is a visual marvel with enough depth and cinematic personality to thoroughly engage and completely entertain. It is a grand display of the art and science of filmmaking.

Where will you be when Jim breaks 4 billies, lads?

An excellently well-written film with a strong, cohesive, and coherent plot and well-drawn characters. No idea why people love to rag on this movie so much. People just love to hate cool shit, I suppose. So nevermind the negative reviews, which offer up no explanation on why it is a weak film apart from the concept being admittedly similar to other films (worked then but not here?), some weak dialogue, and unobtanium. That is literally the extent of what people have to complain about.

That, and the fact that it doesn't spoon-feed the babies in today's audiences.

If you want to see an over-rated, convoluted, logic-free mess, watch a chris nolan film. And no, I'm not capitalizing his name; he doesn't deserve it. He doesn't even deserve to work in the same factory that manufactures the toilet paper James Cameron uses to wipe his ass.

Avatar is a monumental film-making achievement, and easily one of the decade's best films.

IN DA DEATRE WAYDGING BLOO GIINO YOU DUM-DUM, DUHH

>admitting to liking capeshit
you don't belong here

imagine thinking avatar was good

>50 billion capeshit threads on Sup Forums

u sure about that?

0/10 you're just butthurt

The pinnacle of summer entertainment: The perfect blend of artistry and amusement.

Avatar, hailed as a masterpiece, loved by audiences and critics, is the highest grossing film ever, lauded as revolutionary, in 2009, has now become the fall guy of the movies. This film was almost universally adored when it came out, but over the years people started hating on it more and more. It became ''hip'' to jump on the hate bandwagon.

Why?
Because it copied the story outline of Dances With Wolves, Pocahontas and maybe Ferngully... Yes, definitely, it undeniably has a ton of similarities with those in it's general plot conceivability.
But does it take that plot and add an entire new spin on it? Abso-friggin-lutely! The film is spectacular, from it's grand sweeping, lavish style. To it's intimate subplots, great characters, clear motivations, gorgeous score, towering art-set design, pulse pounding action/adventure, and ofcourse the greatest, most fantastical visual effects in the history of the movies. (Yet)

Avatar is entertainment of the highest order, a fully believable romance, and a shockingly beautiful piece of film. Complaints about the story/writing aside. Avatar is so awe inspiring, so breathtakingly handsome, that narrative almost seems besides the point.

>pretending to be the man
I used to shit in his threads. you are no abatap buddy.

Epic and based thread

i'm more of a titanic person tbf but Avatar is cool

Fuck off, soyboy.

>110 days until 900 days until 90 days until 10 days until Avatar 2

Feels good man

the best thread on Sup Forums

the best thread on Sup Forums

haha yes fuck avatar, I would much rather have STARKINO and CAPEKINO

hey man how do i apply at Fox to become an online shill like you? I can do this all day!

>misspelling years as days

Jk, Based Avatar user

Formerly 111 days until 900 days until 90 days until 10 days until Avatar 2

Based Based poster

delicious

Based based based poster

Based based based poster poster
Based based based based poster poster poster

>this is your brain on reddit

Fuck off, Sup Forums

Based based based based based based based based based poster

Based Reddit poster

Go back to your capeshit wars, pal.

This thread will never reach 300 replies!

Oops!