Why did everyone hate this movie?

It had Conroy and Hamill reprise their roles and everything.

Was it just SJWs crying about babs slutting it up and being helpless like a typical woman?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T3m2IdqaN5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well it was mostly the slut part and it wasn't just "sjw boogiemen" . No one liked the first half-hour of the movie. Sure the actual Killing Joke part was great but the rest was hot garbage.

>Added 30 minute side plot that goes nowhere
>Batman and Batgirl fucking on rooftop
>Hamill and Conroy's phoned in performances
>Cheap as fuck animation
>Being the 100th or so animated Bat movie

There's probably other issues, but these are why I didn't like it.

Everything said, but also the muted art style and the cheep, choppy looking animation doing a real disservice to its source material. Not to mention the surprisingly lousy performance from its vocal leads only furthering the movie's cheep cash-in feel.
About the only think it did right was follow the original comic's story, but even then it had to change the feel by adding the unnecessary context of the first half hour.

Bad animation, bad voice acting (they felt very lazy and uninspired for the roles), the song sucked, Batman killed midgets, the list goes on...

i agree with all of those points but no.4 is the correct answer.

I mean you don't have to be an SJW to think that a character shouldn't be stripped down to "damsel in distress" when she's situated as the main character and her motivation is revealed to be literally just wanting Bruce's dick. I like Batman and everything but having the plot be LITERAL BATWANK was fucking retarded.

I love Timm Azzarello but they should never be allowed near Barbra again

no one likes the first half you dummy.

Then on top, the tacked on batgirl story was supposed to "STRENGTHEN" her character so that when she got popped by the Joker in the real story, with would "MEAN MORE". It only made her look worse. They made her a terrible hero who fucked up a lot. With the way they portrayed her in the first 30 minutes, the Joker did people a SERVICE by putting her in a wheelchair.

Honestly, I hated it because Hamill and the animators fucking ruined the final Joker scene.

god they really butchered it
I don't know what the fuck happened

notice the stutter, the body language. A professional comedian is supposed to tell their jokes with a straight face, but here, Joker's supposed to be coming apart, having a rare, and possibly, his only human moment in the entire time he's been written.

And Hamill, who once said that he understood the Joker has an actual emotionasl range, tells is stiff as a fucking board and with so little emotion they could have just saved the money and run it through a text-to-speech program.

>I mean you don't have to be an SJW to think that a character shouldn't be stripped down to "damsel in distress" when she's situated as the main character

Its quite normal for a hero character to have a curve where he or she has a low point. Unless its a kung fu movie hero where the only low point he gets is where he fights the big bad for the first time.

If you cut out the first half an hour, which just feels like unnecessary runtime padding, it's not awful.

It's not great either, which is fairly damning when you're adapting such an iconic story.

youtube.com/watch?v=T3m2IdqaN5I

Personally, maybe I'm a little hard on Hamill, I could see the director trying to push to play the scene differently, their own vision.

but the problem with animated adaptations movies is that they're not SUPPOSED to give room for a 'director's vision', hell, even in theater, one of the first rules of doing a script is that the director needs to be true to the original author's vision, and the original author was Alan Moore and I'm damn sure this is not how he wrote out the scene.

You know it's possible to dislike things out of quality over agenda right?

It just didn't sound or look good, a lot of the animation and key frame scenes were lack luster and honestly as shitty as it is to say I thought Hamil's performance did not meet the mark, could have just been the sound production but I did not enjoy his performance at all.

Part of the reason the story is good is because of how it uses the page. It's not just the facts of what happen to the characters. Even if you adapted those well you would not end up with something as good as the comic.

It provided nothing that the comic didn't provide, there's no reason to watch this schlock over just reading the source material. You'd get more out of it emotionally and actually see some good art and emotional ranges.

I dislike the first half that focused on Barbara. It got better when she got shot.

Basically, this. Adaptations have to, by neccesity, expand upon the source material in a way the source material couldn't do it. There's a reason anime adaptations are so shit: their whole raison d'etre is to bring the source material into another media without any considerations what said move will do to the story, plot, characters, or else.

The Killing Joke was because of many things, but it's main sin is not having any reason to exist.

I don't know. You'd have to approach it in a non-straightforward manner, and I'm certainly not a director or animator to have a clue how to do it, but Game of Thrones was considered impossible to adapt, and look where we are now. Legion's doing some really interesting things with its audio and visuals. I don't think it's an unsolvable problem.

>and look where we are now
A shitty show where the main allure is nudity and violence?

Wow that is not at all how I imagined that scene going down. I figured the joker would stumble over his words trying to tell the joke because it is too late he's gonna die right there and now. The rain is there to mask the tears but they didn't do any of it. Ruined scene glad I didn't watch it.

I can't blame you for not liking the show, but it's an achievement nonetheless. Having a prime-time show with so many characters and plot lines running simultaneously in an age where we generally cater to the lowest common denominator is an impressive feat.