motherboard.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/ne3p9z/the-obscure-Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not a good plot

why do you think it's full of sex?

At least you're honest.

>why do you think it's full of sex?
Is this a serious post?

no and don't look up the author's life work

i didnt understand gits then watched innocence and understood it even less then watched avalon then understood it even less

Two separate beings reaching beyond their normal limits are united by their mutual feelings of isolation and come together to birth an eternal transhuman cyberdemon in order to better understand themselves

>bunch of pseudo-intellectual bullshit and faux technobabble instead of actual plot
Every time. Cyberpunk is the most overrated setting.

its just too boring to bear
its nice, but its too slow and its more tell than show most of the times. specially when 2501 starts talking

To be fair, you need to have a very high IQ to understand GITS.

Don't worry user, it's very difficult to understand properly. I didn't understood the movie the first nor the second time.

What are you having trouble understanding?

There's not much to understand. There's little plot and what there's is very straight-forward and explained through heavy exposition.

its just an android being conflicted with the memories of the body's original owner, right?

Not at all... her brain is "cyberized" and has been implanted into a standard issue robotic body that isn't her own. She feels that she is losing her connection to humanity as a result of this and a couple of other issues

boy this guy sure love oil on his girls

pleb

Basically Major is a big edgelord whose vanity and thirst for power attract a rogue AI, and they merge to create some kind of digital antichrist.

>AAVEÄÄNI

Hard mode: Explain GitS Innocence.

You might not be entirely incorrect in assigning her the title of "edgelord" but it's worth mentioning she is motivated by curiosity and self-discovery as well
I think you would be wrong about power-hungry as well, it's implied that she's basically top class in every physical aspect. She doesn't stand to gain much in that way from the film's conclusion because she simply isn't invested in human affairs in the same way as everyone else.

>stand around and deliver 2deep4u exposition, the franchise
it's shit 2bh

spooky
youtube.com/watch?v=nd5El-nhriA

Major is a villain protagonist working in a literal death squad.
Batou really misses Major, stretched over two hours.

Innocence is better. If they'd just cut out three quarters of the literature quotes so that it wasn't so tryhard, Innocence would be 10/10.

She works in a police state's assassination squad because it's her job, not because she believes in it. Her body belongs to the government. She is pretty deliberately amoral because of her weird psychosomatic disconnection from humanity.

I dont even....

>he doesn't know Ghost in the Shell is ero manga with a sci-fi frosting

>actually looking at manga
Get lost, nerd.

It was a tech demo user, that's it.
The guy that did the manga was a epic perv (God bless him for that) and there is not much plot to go with.
The anime has a plot to it and isn't so much navel gazing but the movie is just a proto matrix and is about as good when you look at it. They are both just splosion fest that think too much of themselves

This post fucking hurts my brain. A tech demo for what exactly? The movie has well-spaced out action sequences and doesn't share core themes with the Matrix outside of visual cues common to the genre

The whole plot is that they managed to create an artificial soul (=Ghost) through technology and now everybody wants to take a look at it.

The matrix pitch was just showing the gits and say "we want to do that but irl"

As for the demo, it was for the animation studio to show what they could do. The animation is top notch for the time (and given some of the crap that comes out today even now) but the less said about the pacing of the movie the better. I mean the first half is basically just an interlude. It's main strong point is the visuals NOT the story and that was by design.

>People still don't understand GITS
I thought Sup Forums was full of kino people?

GitS,SAC,PS1 game,Arise,Innocence,Mnaga, PS2 game, Live Action

The Puppetmaster is not godlike, it's angelic and in this specific case that means it's Satan.

Go watch Serial Experiments Lain instead if you want a good cyberpunk anime.

it's a bunch of horseshit anyway

Name a more fucking anti climatic ending?? What the fuck!?

GITS is about the difference between human life and artificial life, about what it means to be human. Innocence is about being alive just generally, about awareness and levels of consciousness, and what we consider to be alive.

>m-muh show don't tell

My main beef with your post is that you're using these terms incorrectly. A tech demo is supposed to show off a new or undeveloped technology in a new environment. While Oshii did push the animators extremely hard, the techniques aren't exactly new. For example, Akira wasn't a tech demo, it just featured more well-developed, careful animation in the traditional style. An example of a tech demo would be the helicoptor scene in the first Golgo 13 movie which looks godawful because it was an experiment in using 3DCG for animation.
youtube.com/watch?v=-gcyZc3bhyM
I also disagree entirely with your dismissal of the movie's plot, which was quite well thought out by the writers and translated into visual motifs. The post here goes a bit overboard with praising the movie, but it does bring attention to the meticulous storyboarding and other work that they did.

It's just as bad as GitS. Worse even.

HOLY FUCK user you about made me shit myself with that spooky goblin jumpscare on the left

aaveääni :DDD ghost sound :DDDDD

>gits
>bad
there is a point at which snobbery becomes faggotry
enjoy your mute films in your cuck shed soyboy

>too stupid to follow anime plot
you may need to go see a neurologist son

The live-action film was better

[spoilet]I watched the movie first and unironically liked it better.[/spoiler]

You're thinking the live action movie

The only thing you have to "get" is the atmosphere.
The plot is just background noise.

weak bait is weak

>plot of Ghost in the Shell

What plot?

brainlet
July 16

My favourite movie. Then again im the guy who uses Synthwave and Cyberpunk unironically.

Someone recommend me an asian cyberpunk kino

already watched natural city, gunhed, mikabot.

Need more.
>ib4 someone recommend me assault girls.

>The guy that did the manga was a epic perv
and a hack guy stole a lot of ideas from murrican writers as gibson, k dick, a. heinlein.

main plot is murrica developed an AI for spionage then it went roge
this plot is copy pasted from Gibson´s johnny mnemonic.

Cuck shed? I have an apartment for your information.

I love this film because of Oshii's pretentious bullshit

I love cyberpunk, but much of it is crap and it has been bastardized by mainstream media

still

Let us a love Lain.

Lain is good
Lain is great
We surrender our will
as of this date

motherboard.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/ne3p9z/the-obscure-Sup Forums-religion-that-promises-a-cyberpunk-afterlife

You're thinking of neuromancer, but even then the motivations of wintermute are completely different. Johnny mnemonic was a short story about a nobody information courier accidentally getting yakuza secrets implanted in his head and extracting them with the help of a cybernetically enhanced dolphin

To sum it up in the most simplistic way possible, it's basically a T2 esque "Robots can be humans too" argument. The Puppetmaster says that the only thing that stops him from being "human" is that he can't reproduce or die through natural means, but he can do practically everything else.

How is this confusing to so many people? It's really fucking simple.

First like quarter during the garbage collection shit, they chase some dude down and finally take him down in the waterway scene. They take both that guy and the garbage man back and reveal like all of their memories and motivations are made up and implanted into their brains

The Puppetmaster is part of the Internet that gained sentience and found a way to become more than just part of the Internet. He gained a body, that blonde haired woman body that got run over by the truck. Doing so, they must treat him like a human bean in laws and shit. Forgot who was behind kidnapping him from the lab and waiting to get extracted in that warehouse protected by the spider tank. Probably some secret organization that wants to study him, which is why The Major's secondary mission if she can't bring him back is to eliminate him.

The whole movie is how the farther and farther we become more cyberized the more and more blurred the lines between man and machine becomes. Basically some huge whoa... What really does make a human maaaaaan. You could also think of it like that axe paradox. If I break the head on an axe and have the head replaced, then later break the handle and replace the handle, is it the same axe? The Ghost in the series is the soul, but the Puppetmaster claimed he gained a ghost.

waiting for a new ovas based on manga, now that's a fucking cool story

I only watched Stand Alone Complex. The Scarlett Johanssen one didn't look like X-Files but robots so it wasn't for me.

I also wish this existed but I know it literally won't look half as good.