What ever happened to Moral Orel?

I read somewhere that there was supposed to be more to it than we saw, but I thought it was all wrapped up. Was there supposed to be another season, or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CT59BZZYovA
moralorel.wikia.com/wiki/Raped
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dino had plans for the show beyond season 3 I think but the direction he wanted to take the show conflicted with what the guys in charge at AS wanted so he was forced to close shop with season 3. He's said that the people in charge wanted it to be more like season 1 whereas he didn't feel the show could go back to that tone after the events in season 2 and I don't think he wanted to go back to that tone anyway. It's too bad, the show got depressing but it was really good too in season 2.

I really like the way it ended, though. Despite all he had gone through, Orel's life turned out ok, and he finally had a happy family. If the show had continued, would that have changed? If so, then I'm glad it ended when it did. It was a great ending.

Wtf was up with this show? I don't think I've ever seen a tv show so relentlessly depressing. It was fucked up, man

adult swim reportedly loved season 2 and wanted even more of that for season 3, then he gave it to them and they were horrified

b-but frankenhole is still good right?

was this show suppose to be funny?

I think it was supposed to be irreverently relevant.

youtube.com/watch?v=CT59BZZYovA

I've never done my first communion.

the last season of Morel Orel is GOD TIER

Creators planned for multiple seasons.

FUCK LAZLO

There was Beforel Orel. It was pretty good.

>Brendon Small has all the funding necessary for a final season of Metalocalypse
>Lazzo tells him no

It was supposed to be 5 seasons long and the shows name would of changed to Moralton, since it would of become less about Orel.

Only thing Dino revealed was that Orel's Grandpa was supposed to move in with them and die, leaving him depressed and listening to Christian Goth music

>Moral Orel and Metalocalypse shafted
>hey lets make a sequel that nobody asked for for this sacred-cow anime

fuck lazzo

I just looked that shit up.
I liked FLCL, but goddamn.

There was also supposed to be more about Censordoll and Clay's relationship, Bloberta and the policeman getting together, and an episode called Raped
The script for it is right here. I wish there were some for the other episodes
moralorel.wikia.com/wiki/Raped

I think Dino mentioned this could have resulted in a spin-off with the right ratings

>no gf like Christina
Yeah no, the ending just made me more depressed

The ratings were high, but Lazzo said "make an episode on par with Season 1 and we'll fund it."

Dino said he'll only work on the show if it's for continuing what was supposed to happen or still have that dark element to the show. So he said "fuck it" and now he's taking a break from TV writing

Although he recently released a comic sorta similar in tone to Moral Orel Season 3.

It's on the Starburns Industries online store

> Okay, now to your left, here are some prime examples of hardened criminality. Notice their telltale striped patterns. This is so the guards can tell them apart from the guards

My fucking sides. RIP dreams

I will never understand Lazzo's reasoning, he gave funding to make that Jellies show that nobody watched but refuses to let Metalocalypse finally end properly.
What a fucking dick.

There's really no reasoning to it, if I had to guess he just gets off on "not being told what to do."

Lazzo wants to fund shitty show nobody wants to watch? Well he doesn't do what other people tell him to do so he'll fund it.
People want Metalocalpypse? Well no one tells Lazzo what to do so the show is off now.

I wouldn't be surprised if he cans Eric Andre if he continues to get more popular, just cause.

Was Tommy Blacha going to come back as the voices for Toki and Murderface if they were able to get a new season? I heard that he didn't do their voices in the movie for some reason and Brendon Small did them instead, but I havent watched it yet so Idk how their voices sounded.

I think the ending we got was pretty good. A depressing thrid season but it ended on a very heartwarming note.