Is Daniel Day Lewis truely "the" best actor ever ?

I know he won the most oscars in history...But can you think of anyone else ? is he overrated or is he "the" goat ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tdQ3aXO4gys
youtube.com/watch?v=rlJ1XzicKw0
youtube.com/watch?v=Iw54-yDc6Jg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Prime De Niro and Brando were better. DDL is one of the very best though and has an insane range, but range isn't everything there is in acting.

GOAT

Bill Cutting is the best character in cinema history

I'VE ABANDONED MY SON
I'VE ABANDONED MY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYY

>but range isn't everything there is in acting
What are other things mr. quads?

There are no good actors - all the best directors are famous for only using actors who are like their characters or abusing them into giving genuine reactions.

Pacino...Though it can be argued that he always plays "pacino', he has a very distinct style.
youtube.com/watch?v=tdQ3aXO4gys

Currently he’s the best actor out there. He was by far the best part in Gangs of New York and was the highlight of There Will be Blood

>There are no good actors

GOAT, though I think Gary Oldman is criminally underrated.

He's a god-tier actor but no likeable person.

How about Dicaprio ?
youtube.com/watch?v=rlJ1XzicKw0

>no likeable person.
explain?

In what way is that relevant though?

But he always act as a Leo despite role.

hoffman

>But he always act as a Leo despite role.
You mean kinda like Pacino plays Pacino in a way? Or DeNiro...

I do think that Dicaprio is more versatile though. Maybe not on a Gary Oldman level but still... He was fucking billiant in Shutter Island and Revenant. Heck even in Inception

pretty much.
although he's nowhere near DDLs level (at least 6ft under) but Philly Seymour Hoffman was insanely talented too.
PTA knows what up

>Philly Seymour Hoffman was insanely talented too.
Holy shit yes! totally forgot about him..
youtube.com/watch?v=Iw54-yDc6Jg

which one?

DDL is a beast, no memeing. There Will Be Blood has to be one of the best Oscar winning movies of the 2000s

Yes. He sheds all of his own mannerisms for his roles and no trace of DDL remains.

>but range isn't everything there is in acting.
The absolute state of Sup Forums.

You guys deserve star wars.
Nah.
Compare Pacino in Heat to Pacino in Cruising or Scarface.
I agree, you can tell it's him but he has some range.
Lolno. He's good at what he does but he always gets casted as "Leonardo Di Caprio".

I just watched The Last of the Mohicans a couple of times and it's a wonderful movie.

>t. dreyer

>De Niro is better
De Niro just does the :( face and shakes his head while saying: "whassamattawitchu" repeatedly.

nice bait

i was doing this thought experiment a while back, kind of like a desert island list but for remaking/improving films .
like if i had to go back in time to imnprove every movie ever but could only use 5 different things what 5 'tools' would i choose (a director /actor / particular technique / screenplay writer etc etc )

i never got the full list done but the first thing i could decide on was that PSH would be the actor i would take.
i honestly couldn't name a film that would be worse off having him involved in some way

pic related best actor ever

>There Will Be Blood
Is it any good? Never saw it.

>plays the same character five times
>best because he died before he had a chance to star in bad movies

>best because he died before he had a chance to star in bad movies

also couldve been the other way around

yes