Explain to me Sup Forums

Explain to me Sup Forums

Why is this pairing so unpopular?

I don't like Gays.

muh feminism

It doesn't make sense to me that Harley Quinn would be attracted to somebody that's not the Joker so it just seems really forced and stupid. Like, Harley Quinn basicaly has one single defining character trait. There is one singular thing that is the backbone of the entire concept of Quinn, and that is that she is obsessed with the jokers big veiny green cock. Her going after anything else is dumb

I don't really care about Ivy. If she wanted to fuck another girl/guy/whatever then sure. I just don't like Ivy.

Harley is just a whore stringing Ivy along. What's to like about a woman who is involved in an abusive relationship string a long someone who actually likes her just to cuck her at the end?
>b-but my AU comics
nah, senpai, fuck your shit.

waifuposters are cancer and only reason this gets shipped.

is anyone else missing posts?

It's extremely popular anywhere that isn't Sup Forumstards on Sup Forums or Harley X Joker frothing fangirls but I guess that was your point?

Either Harley is supposed to be Joker's beat-up doll or, more often, Harley is someone's waifu. Also Harley is arguably the most popular Batman character while Ivy isn't very popular.

Nice bait.

Now post lesbians.

because it makes me think my wife is going to leave me for a woman

harley boomerangs a LOT, from hating joker to falling for him again soon as he gives her positive attention. Then she hates him again the next time she tries to kill him.

ivy is her bounce-back point.

Alright

>Why is this pairing so unpopular?

I've never had a problem with it given that it's been there almost since the start

Because no one has been able to write it well since Paul Dini.

It actually used to be very popular here around 06-08, before the internet SJWs became as pervasive as they are now.

I'm inclined to say that it's because lately the paring feels more forced for no other reason than the sake of being "progressive," whereas before it felt more like a combination of girl-on-girl fanservice and wanting to see Harley with someone a little less abusive than the Joker.

It downgrades Ivy from "seductress" to "Haley's bitch". It also screams "LESBOS R HOT" and not a real relationship.

>I'm inclined to say that it's because lately the paring feels more forced for no other reason than the sake of being "progressive,"

Well the pairing itself is baked into Harley's character from the very beginning and her creators shipping it...now you can argue recent versions of it are forced, I guess, but I get a little tired of acting like every fucking f/f ship is about a progressive agenda even one several decades old that's more about "two hot girls together" and the male creators of Harley being into that...and the relationship became used regularly and was popular from the beginning so some is just intertia of fans wanting/expecting to continue seeing it...this isn't a case of them pulling lgbt content out of fucking nowhere for brownie points it's always been there.

>Batgirl Adventures

That must be the gayest book that Dini EVER wrote that was based on the DCAU

What about Ivy?

It was a later addition to Ivy's character but not the DCAU version of Ivy that gave her a huge popularity boost, I remember people didn't much give a shit about her until B:tAS so I'm a little skeptical of supposed Ivyfags pining for pre-1990s Ivy here, I don't recall her having much of a following (oldfag here) from what little bit I remember.

>guys on Sup Forums can't understand casual sex

I guess that makes sense

Because it was a dumb idea from the getgo and it's a dumb idea now, worse that it's virtually consumed all of Poison Ivy's character.

It was literally exists just because Timm and Dini wanting to draw lesbians.

Cause it made them go from capable villains to muh-perfect-innocent-lesbian-loooove.

Sup Forums can't accept a true love like them, that's a fact

is a classic example of
neck yourself

And you prove me right. Thanks, bro