What is the greatest Arthurian legend film and why is it Excalibur?

What is the greatest Arthurian legend film and why is it Excalibur?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Db40S82sqic
youtube.com/watch?v=NOqlV4Le9Tk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. It was because it was made by Brits and not Hollywood.

Truly the best of all Arthurian films. The Mists of Avalon comes a close second.

Is it the Dark Souls movie?

What is the worst Arthurian legend film and why is it First Knight?

excalibur is incredibly dated.

Monty Python and The Holy Grail

Best, not most true to the source material

Because it doesn't have much competition.

That looks great, I need to watch this movie.

They made that into a movie? Can't imagine them fitting the whole story.

Bullshit
It's probably the most accurate depiction of the Middle Ages in Britain
Just like how Life of Brian is an accurate portrait of 1st century Judea

kino as fuck

The funny is that the Arthurian legend is anachronistic to begin with.

I actually like the one with keira knightly more but that's because I'm starved for an arthurian movie set in late antiquity instead of the high medieval french christianized version.

>we still have no big budget tv series of the warlord chronicles

Nah its a mini series and it really is great.

that Final battle is amazing...kino of the kinos

>nigger lancelot cucks nigger arthur by fucking negress guin.

I will love this movie forever. GOAT Merlin, too.

>"For it is the doom of man that he forgets."

So is the story of King Arthur faggot. It's still the best movie on the subject.

Merlin looked a bit too young though.

your moms pussy is dated

Merlin is immortal, and what aging he does, he does backwards.

I agree about the setting, the early 2000's King Arthur movie was not great but I really liked the late antiquity setting, with some presence of Roman Empire remnants.

And you get to see Cheri Lunghi's tits which is nice

The Sword in the Stone is goat.

There are atleast two book series which basically do this and are considered good so you would think that by now one would be adapted.

And Helen Mirren’s

Apologize.

no no no if everyone is black then what is even the point? black lancelot has to cuck whiteboy arthur with blonde guinever. do you even social conditioning?

>nigger Lancelot
WTF is this shit?

This is why the Jews should be expelled....again.

On the poster all of them were black so someone did the whole cuck thing wrong.

Most of my knowledge of history comes from Monty Python or Blackadder

>created by Adam Horowitz
Sup Forums is right again

you must have been looking at the wrong poster

jesus

i need to watch this film

Behold! The sword of power!
Forged when the world was young, and man and beast and bird were as one and death was but a dream!

This is one of the beautiful films ever shot. Pure kino.

DC v Marvel

i can't get over how unsatisfying the actual moment he stabbed him was even tho the scene looks good

autistic but it kind of ruined the climax for me and keeps me from praising the movie even though it had a lot of cool scenes and was mostly aesthetic af

>all those ypipo

ugh soooo glad they dont make this whitewashed propaganda anymore and that shows like dr who and bbc history are setting the record straight about how britain really was

>stainless steel armor

Ludicrous

Mordred had some pretty cool armor.

I'm not even british and this insults me

Make way!

wtf ALex ross drew that? fuck

>mfw you stay home sick from school in the 90s and HBO just plays First Knight over and over

what the fuck HBO

Is this a fucking joke?
Do you anons think that you are funny or something ?

>What is the greatest Arthurian legend film and why is it Excalibur?

You are correct, it's the standard by which all others are judged and none have come close.

youtube.com/watch?v=Db40S82sqic

the bbc teach thing is real tho... and its fucking hilarious

damn. shit pec and ab inserts

It's Wagnerian kino.

quite the cast, too - some of them before they'd even made a name for themselves

The Merlin two part tv movie staring Sam Neill was great

Sup Forums, sadly, is always right about jews.

youtube.com/watch?v=NOqlV4Le9Tk

So why do people always shittalk Sup Forums then?

It's just highly polished

because confirmation bias is a thing

Fuck, this really needs the music

looks like Oblivion with max bloom

Because Sup Forums is wrong about almost everything else?

Richard Gere was really big during the 90s.

>because confirmation bias is a thing
So is probability, and it's far more relevant to the reality of the world than "confirmation bias".

And? Einstein didn't know shit about football, but that doesn't mean his opinion on physics shouldn't be valued.

Until they found that gerbil in his ass

Because aside from the jews they aren't right many times also Sup Forums hates me and my people.

>Ends statements with a question mark

Everyone on Earth hates you, shouldnt you be on resetera?

Of course there would have been dark-skinned Romans. It was a melting-pot. The Romans didn't give two shits about "race".
The English Nobelman is clearly a Saracen, though why he's there is anyone's guess.
There have been dark-skinned people in Britain since at least Roman times and probably before, since Bronze-age Britain traded heavily with the Phoenicians.

How the fuck are you supposed to tell the difference between bearded guy #124 and bearded guy #63367?

Inspired by an Arthur Rackham illustration, looks like.

Phoenicians were white you dumb nigger

There is a difference between dark skinned and full blown sub saharan african though.
I know that there were roman nubians but how many of the could even go to the other side of europe in a time when most people would stay in their village or at most go to the nearest town.

They were brown desu just like all the other meds.

Not being mentally retarded helps

Meds were not brown until the Islamic hordes stormed out of the desert

Do you really that a at most 50k arabs could change the genetics of millions?
Especially when the conquest of these millions went pretty bloodless for the civilian population.

They were Semites (brown) and owned slaves, some of them undoubtably black,

Ancient Greeks were seafaring muldoons and had a lot of interaction with the sand niggers in modern day Turkey, the Levant, and north Africa, so they probably did have some mixed genetics in their lines.

show your math

yeah as long as you rape all the women and put them in your harem, and turn the men into eunuchs. aka exactly what they did

Soldiers, traders, craftsmen, adminstrators moved all over the empire. Slaves would go with them too.

You wouldn't be able to understand it if I did.

Turks weren't in Turkey yet you absolute retard, they were up near China. Ancient Turkey was Greece in the first place! Please stick to superhero movies!

WE

Still the best

>Turks weren't in Turkey yet you absolute retard
That's why I wrote "modern day Turkey" instead of referring to "Turks" directly, you absolute sperging retard.

Since he's destined to get cucked by Lancelot and his wife, should he have had Merlin turn that Squirrel into a human and make her his breeding sow instead?

Do you have a source for this user?
You seem pretty sure that 50k arabs raped millions of women and chopped dicks off millions of men after which they appereantly colonized everything between Iraq and morroco.

Sure they would but isn't it a not misleading to show it as if black roman legionaries in britain were a normal sight instead of maybe 10 of them serving there?

Anatolia (modern Turkey) had Medes and other races similar to Persians in the central areas. Greeks only made up the coastline of the region.

>Phoenicians were white

Lmaoing at your life

Irans/Aryans were also raped by Muslims

Is this the most ancient example of british cucking?

how is that not white? it's ok your ancestors were Muslim rape babbies, don't hate yourself

u wot m8

Inner anatolia had the hittites user.
The iranians never got further than eastern anatolia.

DAS RITE

no

Best part of the movie was pre arthur lol.