We have tons of discussion about Mabel, but what do you think of Dipper?

We have tons of discussion about Mabel, but what do you think of Dipper?

Eh, he's alright i guess.
Kinda a little bitch though, but he is Hirsch's self insert so it all checks out.

Basing characters on yourself doesn't seem like the best idea

I don't see why, I mean people who avatarfag as themselves online are cancer but if it's done well and not overly flattering than there's not really an issue with self-inserting.

>Dipper

Literally who?

Dipper is a QTP2T

But he'll forever be known as, "The Boy who Never Scored".

Just give me comics already Disney! Ship him with whoever you want, I could care less, I just want to see fun adventures and spooky stuff in Gravity Falls again.

The one on the left of pic related

>"The Boy who Never Scored".

Dipper's probably the reason Sup Forums gets so buttflustered about Mabel because he's their shota waifu.

A wimp that should not let his sister push him around.

I thought Alex said Dipper wasn't based on himself, and that he and his sister were both more like Mabel. Also, Wendy has Alex's flannel fetish.

He's kind of stuck up his own ass which is why he fails to notice the lack of reciprocity in his relationship with his sister.

Dipper was an ok character. One of the few who actually got developed in the show

Dipper was full of shit. He shows up in Gravity Falls, finds a mysterious book, starts investigating mysteries, and then when Ford shows up, he acts like it's always been a lifelong dream of his? Bullshit.

He has nice feet.

Dipper would have been better as a girl

>generic
>whiny
>has no personality
>boring
>arrogant
>unremarkable

i can go on

I'm not sure if his voice was an EXACT fit for Dipper, but I highly enjoyed Jason Ritter's performance

dipper's cheeks

I actually enjoyed the road trip episode where we see that he finally starts to build up confidence in himself and finally moves past Wendy, until the writers messed it up.

Also his voice was not good for that type of character

user, boys should be submissive to the desires of females. It's not very progressive for a guy to stand up for himself to the bullshit of this world.

When has it been done well?

post dipfeet

Being confident in yourself is bad because it's what mean PUA who emotionally abuse women do, mkay
PUA are a real issue

There was no reason to make him so girl crazy. He should've gotten a cute boyfriend.

>too busy standing up for others
>never stands up for himself
He reminds me of myself.

He's always been into paranormal shit, dude. Mable even mentioned his various conspiracies in the first episode. Plus he was always trying to get photographs of odd creatures like the Gooble Wonker, pterodactyl, that floating island, etc.

Being with Ford would have been a drean come true. He wouldn't be sitting in a basement like he told his cunt sister he would to just make her feel better.

Complete and total faggot. He's painfully pathetic and if that's really how Hirsch sees himself I feel sorry for him

He can't be whiny and arrogant while also having no personality, those are literally personality traits

I couldn't say, people generally don't do it at all because it's frowned upon, but there aren't any reasons for why. I can see how people can think it's lazy from a writer's perspective, I don't know if it's like a fundamental rule of writing but I think a lot of popular shows have them and people don't seem to always pick up on it unless it's explicitly mentioned (Family Guy has two)

You can break up aspects of your personality and distribute it evenly among your whole cast and it's still more or less a self-insert, just more nuanced.

Even a boy?

Him and Stan were basically it.