I don't know why he saved Deckard's life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before...

I don't know why he saved Deckard's life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life, anybody's life; Deckard's life.

All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All Deckard could do was sit there and watch him die.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rVarn-m7o9k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think you're thinking too hard about it.

Roy's /our boy/

nah, he's right.

Cus the plot was irrelevant in the first movie, just the scenes. They fixed that in br2049 so both plot mattered and scenes were striking and memorable

>All my life I've felt like I was running towards something, but I never knew what it was. only now do I realize I've been running on blades the entire time. my feet really hurt
deep as fuck my man

good analysis

He didn't want to die alone.

>muh ships

He's was tired of fighting and he saw some unbelievable shit. Plus it was time to die.

Why did he kill the guy who made the proto-replicants? He dindu nuffin wrong he just wanted friends. And he tried to help Roy and Priss.

He wanted answers to life's biggest question: why? What was the reason he existed? After meeting his creator and realizing he didn't have an answer besides to serve humankind, he lashed out. In the end, he realized not only that Decker wasn't to blame, but also that he didn't have an answer to his questions. No one had. His final moments was him accepting that everyone dies not knowing what lies ahead, including him. Not only that, his existence did not impact the universe on any measurable way. Kino ending

Its the overused "frankeinstein-son that kills its creator" trope probably.

like i mentioned in this post, I think he believed that his maker would have answers about his inception, about his proto-humanity. when it is clear to him that his "father" only created him to use him as a disposible machine, it was a rejection of everything he was: his existence as a thinking and feeling being. Such a revelation is understandably going to cause frustration, which made him lash out. He was made for combat after all.

Look I get why he killed "god"/his "father". I just don't see why he had to kill JF Sebastian.

Oh, my bad. Yeah now that you mentioned it, that guy really didn't deserve anything that they did to him.

SUSHI THAT'S WHAT MY EX WIFE CALLS ME.

COLD FISH.

like tears in the rain indeed, the futility of it all and how much of an impact we all make in the vastness of time.

excellent synopsis btw

like tears for fears

I dont understand it. He's chasing after deckard howling like a wolf, so I assumed he had finally just lost it after Pris was killed by deckard. He acts like their entire fight is just a game, laughing manically while Deckard tries to escape(towards the roof, for some reason). He even captures deckard, and breaks his fingers, and then all of a sudden he doesnt care?

he is going throught the stages of grief at breakneck speed

After Pris' death he does berserk, straight into combat mode. When he sees Deckard about to die at his hands, he realizes that there is no point in causing more death. Why kill Deckard? Pris was going to die shortly anyway, and he was only doing his job. At this moment he accepts death without answers, and rejects his programmed combat instincts. He had seen too many horrors already, there was no need for another death. Plus, he wanted someone to remember him after his death, even if shortly. Is that not all one about to die can ask for?

meant to spell goes, not does berserk

kek

He wanted Deckard to know what it felt like to get hunted down like a replicant.

Backdoor to Sneedposting?

Roy was saving himself by saving Deckard. If Deckard were to die then no memory of Roy would survive.

youtube.com/watch?v=rVarn-m7o9k

He saved Deckard so he would listen to his monologue and remember him after he died

>I try to look at movies, games, etc as the ideas the images give me from film, not the underlying meaning they might have
>starts rambling about eyes being windows into the soul and empathy through perspective

"Skinjobs" that's what Bryant called replicants. In history books he's the kind of cop who used to call black men "niggers"

Jeez, Raimi

Why