Thunderbolts featuring Luke Cage Storytime (Part 7)

Welcome back Anons! Last time, the Thunderbolts found themselves in World War 2, fighting Nazis along with the original Invaders. Let's see where their time travel jaunt brings them today, shall we?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jane_Kelly
imgur.com/a/DnZwY
youtube.com/watch?v=fCKDvjVzpNQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Once again, sorry for the delay, I had a few double-shifts in a row to deal with. Let's try to make up for that today!

>Once again, sorry for the delay, I had a few double-shifts in a row to deal with.
No Problem. That life.

Because of COURSE Hyde goes full Jack the Ripper when he's in the right time period.

Plus side, I've been able to re-read the stuff we've got coming up on the docket.

>Parker and Shalvey
All is well.

>Luke Cage isn't even in the recap page anymore

Maybe I'm just a cynic, but I actually checked to make sure the dates were right with the discoveries of the bodies.

Yep, it lines up.

>"People are dying!"
>"WHORES are."

Part of why this book was better received than Zubbolts. The popular "leader" can actually fuck off for a while instead of making it about him.

At first glance, I just assumed they saw the shape of the tower from where the rain was stopping.

Then I realized "It's not ALWAYS raining in London, just most of the time."

Welp, looks like the bolts are gonna ruin the space-time continuum again.

I suspect that Luke's absences are more due to Bendis calling dibs on using Luke

In case you couldn't get enough costumes in the last arc, COSPLAY THUNDERBOLTS: VICTORIAN ENGLAND EDITION!

Man, Boomerang's just having the time of his fucking life right now.

Eh, Wolverine and Spider-Man managed to be on no less than three teams each at the time, would Bendis REALLY whine if Luke gets two?

Okay, you know what, don't answer that. I forgot what I was dealing with.

Sorry for the delay, had to extract all the files.

>Songbird makes power armor out of sound

Yeah, Songbird's pulling new powers out of her ass ALL the time.

Okay, Luke has super strength, but how the hell could Songbird lift that axe?

>Centurius teaching Troll English in his spare time

Remind me, what's coming out on Wednesday? I can barely keep up normally, let alone on a fifth week.

Spider-Man and Wolverine are special cases. Most of the time, editorial prefers it when a character is on just one team at a time.

I'll have to take your word on that, although we find another possible example...

I remember back when this ran series ran a lot of people said that this felt more like Agents of Atlantis. That Parker basically wanted to continue writing that instead of Thunderbolts

Do you mean Agents of Atlas, or is that a series I'm unfamiliar with?

X-Men Prime and Inhumans Prime,

WHAT UNHOLY MONSTROSITY IS THIS?!

So basically nothing?

Damn it, I didn't need to see that shit twice, Parker!

There's also Infamous Iron Man and Occupy Avengers I guess.

Especially since they'r clearly recycling the same artwork.

Damn it, looks like things are getting creepy again.

Yes you are right, Agents of Atlas not Agents of Atlantis

Well shit, that's a neat trick, Boomer.

You know, after all that Bendis, at least they're only re-using the one panel. My standards are THAT low now.

Man, I want to start spamming those "Death to men" pictures to annoy Sup Forums shitposters now.

Aw, how cute, they're playing baseball...

>And to think I was kind of into Satanna
>Oh well, I guess I can just start worshiping Dormammu instead

Just before you forget that Satana is fucking creepy, she eats souls.

Shamefully, I was halfway through a post saying "There's always Umar", before remembering the joke you were referencing.

I'm sorry, it's been a while since I read Superior Foes, while I'm reading Doctor Strange NOW.

So is that basically everyone except Boomerang and Moonstone who treat Troll as basically a family member?

... Okay, how the hell does Karla know who they are? That's kind of an odd thing for her to have a passing knowledge of.

God damn, that's got to stink to high heaven.

So, forgive me if this brought up later, but couldn't the Bolts utilize an encyclopedia or digital data source in their tower to learn when Jack the Ripper struck next?

See, that look in Troll's eyes in the last panel looks like she's gonna eat the corpses.

It's funny because if this were Bendis everyone but Satana would say "I don't know who that is", and for once it would be understandable.

They mention that they CAN, but they aren't certain if their records are being retroactively altered as their own history changes.

It's Time Travel, don't bother trying to figure out the rules.

And then Ghost became the hero they needed.

Okay, so TROLL isn't eating the corpses, but they are being eaten.

Well hey, at least Boomer's getting laid during all of this. Small victories, you know?

Nevermind, he DEFIANTLY isn't getting any now.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jane_Kelly

Parker's actually doing his research on this. Compare this to Bendis, who can't even google "Where is Cambridge?"

Have I mentioned lately that I thought for the longest time that "I have no idea who that is" was a running joke that just wasn't funny?

And where/when do you think they've ended up this time?

Did you guess this one?

>It could be all mutants riding three-eyed horses now!
That's racist

I can't wait to use this one sometime:
imgur.com/a/DnZwY

What's that? You want some Luke Cage that DOESN'T suck donkey wang?

Oh shit, the Enforcers?

Cage, you've been hanging around Wolverine too much.

Fun fact: the Enforcers are all alive again thanks to the Clone Conspiracy.

Man, I'm suddenly reminded that Luke used to be a fan of westerns back when he lived in the Gem Theater. That's a bit of character we rarely see some up anymore.

Remember these guys. They'll be relevant later.

The OTHER kind of mutant, not the X-Men.

Wait, are these supposed to be the Blood Brothers? God damn, they got nerfed HARD.

And since Luke comes decked out with everything to beat one enemy...

... of course a completely DIFFERENT guy shows up.

Did they finally reveal who's alive and who's dead?

>"I don't know, we've got 'strong' covered."
>"We've got plenty of strong guys, let's find us a flyer."

I like to think Parker is directly making fun of Bendis's Avengers teams here.

I am FAR too lazy to check to see if Ghost's claim here is true, but since I've never heard anyone else call BS, I'm assuming it's legit.

Uh oh, time for bad times.

What's that, want some nightmare fuel?

Twice in one series this happens to him?

I know Luke Cage's breakdown is supposed to be a dramatic scene, but all I can think of is "That delivery guy looks like the BIGGEST dork."

youtube.com/watch?v=fCKDvjVzpNQ

HELL YEAH

Hell, the box alone is probably pretty valuable, I figure.

I love his look. Should be official. Makes him all more creepy.

Is this the same Mr. Fear from Brubaker's Daredevil?

Yay, vaguely happy ending.

This is straight out of Back to the Future II

Time for more costumes!

Not according to the wikia, (Brubaker used Lawrence Cranston), Parker used Alan Fagan.

Could Bommerang handle 4 women?

Or would Satanna sit in the corner and watch?

The only Black Knight I've read is from Heroes for Hire, does he usually have a normal shield, and not the magic one he has there?

Were you not here when she went for Karla's Moonstones? She had no intentions of "watching".

Dane is only the latest in a very long line of Black Knights. I don't know if any of them used magic shields.

I kind of get the feeling that Boomer might be the one in the corner watching

>"Hey, where's our furry?"

I can only assume Karla doesn't want to replace Jolt.

I know that much, at least. I'm just saying, I know the Ebony Blade is a big thing, but I've never heard of any of them having a named shield, whereas the only time I read one, he used both.

For those to work, that helmet must be making him half blind.

They fucking had revolvers back then.

Bump to jeep this thread alive until i get home from work.

Even Boomer's pointing out the obvious here.1

>and them Boomerang just steals the damn sword

It's different for demons

>fucking Bunny flakes

>I'm sure this won't have any effects on history

Please, no Monty Python jokes.