Rian Johnson's new Star Wars Trilogy

Early this morning was a meeting to discuss the upcoming trilogy of Star Wars movies directed by Rian Johnson.

In this meeting was Kathleen Kennedy, Pablo Hidalgo, Rian Johnson, and over skype, Timothy Zahn.
I was lucky enough to have an inside source in the room with Zahn, able to hear the bulk of the discussion.
Note that this was the first official discussion regarding the details of this trilogy and as such, details are ready to change on a dime.

The current working title of the trilogy is Star Wars: Edge of Unknown and will be told in "Parts" as opposed to the main sagas "Episodes" (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3). There also seemed to be a strange push to not have any subtitles for each of the specific films beyond "Edge of Unknown".

The trilogy will take place thousands of years before the Original Trilogy, during the Old Republic era. However, the entirety of the movies will be set exclusively in the Unknown Regions of the SW Galaxy with no minimal references to anything established in the current saga of films.

Cont...

>no references
>thousands of years before any of the mainstream films

Complete bullshit, or it's going to be dead on the water, normies don't want to see this geek shit and I doubt Disney is going to start pandering to the loser nerd crowd this far into the race.

>before

If prequels could take human form, like a physical embodiment of the abstract concept of "prequels", prequels would NEVER watch prequels if given the choice.

What happened already did, who cares how the fuck it happened. Prequels should always have the scope of RO, irrelevant side-shit while the main deal moves on. The PT should've been one single unnumbered movie.

The premise sounds interesting not going to lie but disney/kennedy is going to fuck it up somehow.

>What happened already did, who cares how the fuck it happened.
So you're implying any movie that isn't a developing or future story is worthless? What about historical epics? Biopics? Documentaries?

What ever happens, preaquel or squeal, the story of Palpatines legacy needs to end.

Apology for taking so long. Sup Forums kept giving me an error.

The main focus of the film and conflict is about the ancient Chiss Ascendancy versus the Yuuzhan Vong, an ancient species that discovered the ability to regenerate their physical form through a technique that can only be achieved through strong will in the Dark Side (although it was specified that the 'dark side' will never be directly referenced in the films).
Any big star wars fans would recognize these two species as ones from the now noncanon EU. Kathleen brought up that these films are a good opritunity to reintroduce fan favorite concepts while focusing on what works, and dropping what doesn't.
Both species are being reintroduced from the ground up. Especially the Vong, who have lost their force immunity, and have had their desire for self harm replaced with the mentioned ability to regenerate. Their technology is still entirely based around organic materials, and as such they are able to use their regeneration to keep their weapons, ships, bases, and society alive.
The Chiss on the other hand have become a species of super intelligent beings, who must use their wits and natural talents to overcome the Vong, who are impossible to defeat through conventional actions.

Zahn is being brought into the project by request of Kathleen who believes that attaching a big name in the EU fandom to the film will attract otherwise skeptical old fans. She believes he has done a great job with the current Thrawn novel trilogy currently being released, and has assigned him to be a lead writer/consoltant on the film, working closely with Ryan.

A short list of rules that the team created during the meeting that I find facinating:
>No Lightsabers
>No Jedi
>No previously established characters or designs
>The Force is allowed, but can not be referred to directly. The term "the force" is STRICTLY off limits.

is me. Forgot to add trip after switchingc

Now this is where things get interesting. Aside from the upcoming trilogy, the team also dropped some important knowlage for the upcoming Disney streaming network show and the current SW Saga.
I can know confirm for a fact that the live action streaming show will take place during the Old Republic. Hidalgo believes that there is opritunity to tie the Old Republic show and the Edge of Unknown together, considering they both take place around the same time.

STRONG SEQUEL TRILOGY SPOILERS:
Snoke is set to be revealed as an ancient sith who discovered the same dark side force in the Unknown Regions that the Vong had, giving him the ability to effectively live forever. This has seemingly always been his origin story, however the team agreed that having an entire race in the new trilogy based around this concept will give a good opritunity to better explain what this force is and how it works. Although they were VERY vague on the topic, they also mentioned that this could be what Emperor Palpatines master Pagueis could have used to save others from death.
End Spoilers.

Something brought up was that this regentitive dark force has already been referenced in extended canon material multiple times as an energy that Palpatine feels coming from the Unknown Regions. While this was originally set up specifically to tie into the Sequel Trilogy, (see the above spoiler), it was unanimously agreed that it even better ties into this new trilogy, and will serve as a perfect way to tie the sagas together. Zahn and Hidalgo also discussed for a bit the ending of the recent Thrawn book, which ties perfectly into this new set of events.

That is all the information I have. Sections of the next Thrawn novel are now being rewritten to better forshadow the new trilogy, so if you need definitive proof what I am saying is legit, prepare to see references to what I am describing in the next Thrawn book, Thrawn Aliences.

oh boy, it's another delusional EUfaggot

>old republic
Is this possible? Can SW be saved with actual EU stuff that's true Star Wars and not this disney comedy flick like TFA?

>Timothy Zhan
>Chiss Ascendancy
>Yuuzhan Vong

Jesus Christ user at least try to be realistic

JUST GIVE US THE GODDAMN ROGUE VADER TRILOGY ALREADY JUST AFTER PALPATINE ASSEMBLES HIM
FUCK YOU DISNEY JUST GIVE US WHAT WE WANT I WANT DARK SIDE WARS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sounds like they want to add the Star Wars brand to a relatively interesting sci-fi plot, sounds fucking stupid

Canonically impossible to do under Disney. Vader is already established to be a little bitch boy on Palpatine's leash after ROTS. He only starts getting away from the leash after ANH, but even then he doesn't go too far off without Palpatine knowing.

>>No Lightsabers
>>No Jedi
>>No previously established characters or designs
>>The Force is allowed, but can not be referred to directly. The term "the force" is STRICTLY off limits.

I thought the producer was KK, not jon Peters?

Why would Disney allow this? Why would you buy a brand and start a new chapter without one of its best parts? Nah. They'll do jedi. Maybe not the dark side. Or sith. But there'll be a Jedi so casuals can enjoy it and know it's a star wars film.

So it's developing more side-shit. Who the fuck cares about Qui Gon, he fucking died like a D-O-G.

this is why the mouse must burn
all this nancy, kiddie pandering is ruining great potential for content out there

So is Disney basically trying to create a new IP that coasts on the Star Wars brand? Because this seems like it's purposefully going to be a generic sci-fi with no connection to Star Wars.

>and over skype, Timothy Zahn

>say that 30+ years of EU isn't canon
>start making spinoff movies every year anyway that are horribly written
>start a new trilogy set in a lore period where EU thrived
>don't use any EU material and just wing it
The average person does not give a fuck about EU-tier shit. The only links the new movies have to the prequels and the OT were Han, Luke, and Leia. Han is dead, Leia is dead, and Luke will probably be dead at the end of this movie. There will be absolutely nothing linking the movies to the originals besides C3-PO type characters, the ones that people have associated with star wars for 40 years are going to be gone.

Why is Disney acting so desperate? Make a Star Wars movie every two years until 2020, you'll make fucking 20 billion dollars. Instead they're fucking slamming these things out as fast as possible that no one wants to see and they only alienate the market. I don't want to watch any Star Wars movies because there's fucking 1 a year for the next 20 planned. The average person will feel the same way.

>Snoke is set to be revealed as an ancient sith who discovered the same dark side force in the Unknown Regions that the Vong had, giving him the ability to effectively live forever. This has seemingly always been his origin story, however the team agreed that having an entire race in the new trilogy based around this concept will give a good opritunity to better explain what this force is and how it works. Although they were VERY vague on the topic, they also mentioned that this could be what Emperor Palpatines master Pagueis could have used to save others from death.
That's actually very close to other leaks that have come out about Snoke being a force "vampire" who regenerates himself. Consider about 50% convinced, this is very interesting if true.

>Yuuzhan Vong
You have to go back

>retards on Sup Forumseddit still unironically listen to these delusional roleplay faggots

>people still fucking care about Disney Wars

lol

>inb4, it must have white female leads

>>No Lightsabers
>>No Jedi
>>No previously established characters or designs
>>The Force is allowed, but can not be referred to directly. The term "the force" is STRICTLY off limits.
What the hell are they going to have then?
At least it's bold, I'll give that to disney

wait... are they assuming the gender of the force?

Sup Forums hates it so much they can't bare not keeping up with the latest gossip and leaks

>Sections of the next Thrawn novel are now being rewritten to better forshadow the new trilogy, so if you need definitive proof what I am saying is legit, prepare to see references to what I am describing in the next Thrawn book, Thrawn Aliences.

I call bullshit on this. Zahn himself said weeks ago in an interview that the book was already in printing phase and that he turned the final approved version in months ago.

Yeah. they took the most shitty part of Legacy era and would put in in the Old Republic instead of making movies about either the Exar Kun War, the Old Sith Empire or KotOR and the Mandalorian war. They have to be really retarded.