/who/ - Doctor Who General

Fresh, inspired meme edition.

PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

xectc-e.tumblr.com/nuwhosort
tumblr.com/tagged/hangar-of-shame
youtube.com/watch?v=Ext_Xuu-D5Q
thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/NEWS/15701208.Former_Odeon_to_be_opened_up_for_free_screening_of_Doctor_Who_Christmas_special//
twitter.com/DaleggsRoll/status/937810910181249026
twitter.com/AnonBabble

doctor who more like awfgweabheshes

...Pet

We should kill every Redditor who hates Clara, Series 9 and Hell Bent.

What's /who/ with you?

>we should kill the people in the right
Huh

One of the many reasons why this wiki doesn't always 100% match /who/ is because /who/ changed a lot during the past year, more than anybody seems to acknowledge. The descrepencies between this wiki and /who/ are not, in fact, exclusively the Redditers' and Facebookers' fault, though they didn't help. When I first joined /who/, less than a year ago, lots of different people came with lots of different ideas. Since then, its userbase, opinions, and conversation topics seem to have been shrinking, and this wiki has lots of old articles that sometimes reflects what /who/ used to be like and what its users used to talk about. In all fairness, the change is not entirely anybody's fault. The Revived version of the show was on for twelve years, so it's no longer event television, so fewer people are invested in it. It was only a matter of time until /who/ began to weaken. To counter this problem, we should probably move it all to the forums or the Discord, which are both more easily accessible to new recruits, so that it would gain new blood and some fresh, inspired memes.

Can I kill Liv first?
She's the only reason I don't go near the Who Addicts

>he thinks Redditors are ever in the right

nth for Jodie.

it's okay cats, no need to post with your trip off

He accent isn't even that bad

Reminder to rank all NuWho stories using the quiz if you have 20 minutes and nothing to do. xectc-e.tumblr.com/nuwhosort

Both /who/ and its wiki are changing, and if that's what the userbase want, fair enough, but I poured a lot of work into this place, so I'll have to start new elsewhere so they can have this place as they like while all of our work is preserved somewhere. I'm probably going to have just make a whole separate wiki just to catalog the memes that used to occur on /who/ but don't anymore, because I have a feeling not merely things not related to Doctor Who are going to go, but also things that used to be on /who/ but aren't anymore might be deleted too. The Comfy and Twelfth Doctor pages were left almost blank for a while before being filled in again. But what if one day they aren't? What if one day they're empty and never filled again? I'm probably going to actually make a wiki more generally dedicated to the broad topics of Doctor Who, comedy, and internet drama, since I always felt that overspecializing to /who/ kind of shrank our comedy pools and our info pools anyway, and that will include the old /who/ content if it gets deleted. That way, everybody can be happy.

I'm turning to you because you've been supportive to me and some of the things I did. I thought you should be the first to know and if I start a new wiki, you'd like to join and edit it.

>people on tumblr
>people on Twitter
>people on Reddit
>everyone who doesn't use this hell general
They are all wiser than /who/

>/who/ is the only place that likes Moffat and the whole Capaldi era
Is it Twitter/Reddit/Tumblr that's wrong, or is it Sup Forums?

Tumblr loves Moff. It's a very based website

It definitely improved over the years.

reminder that this will be the tone of the show in S11

Nah there's a whole host of opinions on Moffat, he's like marmite

Who do you refer to in your last sentence, me or other people? If it's me, I understand your concerns since I neglected to mention some important details in my OP, a couple of which I have since edited in, but I don't actually want a pure wiki or to post in the TardisCore. I just wanted a humorous Doctor Who wiki because currently, this is the only one that's easily accessible, which is why I considered making a separate wiki, since that's not really what some people wanted, and I figured it would make everybody happy, which is all I wanted in this whole mess. I was just trying to find a way to please the /who/res and this wiki's editors at the same time and it didn't work

/who/ is always right

This would actually kill the show, shit like hermaphrodite time lords and important companions is all arbitrary, normies don't care about that and neither should you.

But the moment dr who becomes a 'serious drama' about 'serious subjects' the whole show dies, it's unsustainable.

But we can write about the VNAs and "How to Write a Doctor Who Story" right? I don't care about Star Wars pages, but as soon as heard it had to be a /who/ Wiki, and since /who/ doesn't really talk about VNAs, Doctor Who story patterns, and the old Marvel comics anymore and now mostly just talks about pegging Jodie Whitaker and Jenna Coleman, I realized that these may not count as /who/ wiki matieral anymore, and just more as a generalized Doctor Who comedy wiki material, unless you're actually cool with this content.

That's what I'm unhappy about. That beause I didn't use the memes /who/ currently uses, soon everything I worked on would be deleted, no matter how much it's about Doctor Who or how relevant it is to /who/. And I actually wrote some comical content and semi-informative content about the VNAs.

Was he in the right?

How has it been 10 years since we had a proper Sontaran story? Anyone wanna see Yarkshirr Jodeh face the Sontarans?

No you're not

>Phil Sandifer
>killing someone
Did he sit on her?

It's been forty years since the last good sontaran story

42, almost 43.

I don't know but we desperately need an admin purge, if DoctorWhoGeneral actually comes back. Remove the admins who haven't been here since 2015. Maybe keep CyberKrail since he's not really harming anyone. But we need a total admin overhaul with current /who/res who actually contribute to the wiki.

The King of Sontar was pretty good.

Seriously, we can't rely on FNA to do everything for us forever.

The best course of action if DWG comes back is to have him make a couple of people bureaucrats so this doesn't happen again if he goes AWOL. Admin is fine and all, but I think it needs a completely new owner who's actually active. We can't do anything until he gets back - if he gets back - though.

Would it be possible to set up a new wiki that mirrors the old articles?

Reminder that a bunch of pink poodles with human arms made the Doctor strip naked and wear a leash and collar

Guess I need to read Mad Dogs and Englishmen then.

And Fitz liked it

DWG won't be coming back - we all know that.

yfw when you realise Jodie's first words will be plastered fucking E V E R Y W H E R E and meme'd to death by people like christel fucking dee for all eternity

Why the FUCK can't I find a clip of the Doctor's lecture from "The Pilot" where's he talking about Time and Relative Dimensions in Space and how "it means 'life'" and Joy Division plays with Heather and Bill in the club can someone upload that somewhere please because it's not on Youtube and I just wanna austistically spam the replay button

I'm going to buy it for the cover alone

based fitz

I dunno, tumblr seems to like Capaldick.

tumblr.com/tagged/hangar-of-shame

Your favorite Doctor gets a crossover episode with the last show or movie you watched.

What is it, and would you watch it?

its been a serious drama since capaldi

>I am the Doctor and this is my spoon!

Is there any character more canon than the Terrible Zodin?

>dramas cant have comedy

Senor 105

>Charlie Brown Christmas
Wholesome

Each NuWho Doctor's first and last words, plus their catchphrases, have been meme'd to death. This isn't anything new.

Jesus christ, all this thirst.

Lethal Weapon, and yes. I think The Doctor Riggs and Murtagh would be a fantastic hour of television frankly. I think certain iterations of the Doctor would quite enjoy Riggs, who would be great companion material. The Doctor would probably antagonize Murtagh, comedy would ensue.

...Mine would be significantly less comfy.

The Mist (2007), It would basically just be Midnight 2.0 if he was in the grocery store with the rest of them. I'd watch the fuck out it.

Holy fuck, I thought jennaposters were bad

The mist is bretty gud. I've always wanted Thomas Jane in a highlander remake.

(The guy who played The Dream Lord plays Ollie, too)

I don't think the Doctor's survival rate would be pretty high in that universe though, kek

RTD, by successfully persuading multiple award winning and twice BAFTA nominated actor Chris Eccleston to play the Doctor, made Doctor Who a 'serious drama'.

7 and The Thing. I don't need to say any more than that.

No, but this is the first female Doctor so it'll be cringier than ever when so called 'fans' plaster it everywhere

Sylvester McCoy fills in for Manny at Black Books?
Sign me up.

>it'll be cringier than ever when so called 'fans' plaster it everywhere
tell us how you really feel user

just did.

What did he mean by this?
Why should people that are not a part of /who/ stay on a wiki for /who/ content?

I hope it's a really unmarketable line, but that's what you'd imagine "kidneys!" would be, and that got meme'd to hell.

She could say literally anything and it would end up on shirts, she could say "I feel like watching the beauty and the beast holiday special" and people would eat it up

Thanks, based Cloister.

Sorry for the shit camera. Let's pretend I'm trying to imitate The Web Planet.

AW YISS my Tenth Doctor audios just came in the mail, #56 out of 5000 niiiice

Should I keep it in it's shrink wrap?

"You'll have to sleep some time, Doctor!"
"I'm a real light sleeper, Childs"

youtube.com/watch?v=Ext_Xuu-D5Q
Feast yer earholes

I want Thirteen to say something unremarkable as her first words, and then comment on being Northern again. She could then worriedly check the size of her ears as she remembers what they were like the last time she was Northern.

No? You can't enjoy the lovely pictures if you do that you goober

MISB is a meme

Any Eccleston references would automatically make it unassailable in my eyes

Exactly this.

If anything tho, I hope it's a change from body parts (moreso now cos comments about her having tits or something would be so cringe). We've done body parts to death (new teeth! legs nose arms hair chin! kidneys!)

I dunno if it's a popular opinion or not, but I'm really tired of the "new [body part]!" thing.

I don't think that's a controversial opinion. People were already complaining about it in Time of the Doctor.

It is pretty old hat, we need a new approach to the immediate post-regeneration experience.

Which companion would work well with 7 in The Thing? I'd personally love to see 2/Jamie/Zoe, 3/Sarah or 8/Charley in that scenario.

Agreed

I want her to be extremely manic, but with no companion to turn on. Instead of strangling a college student or running off in a nightgown she's just kinda shellshocked and confused, and then she realizes the Tardis is alive and crashes it.

>Which companion would work well with 7 in The Thing?
Ace

You're right, I can't resist. It's really nice looking. Wish I had gotten the first volume limited edition too :(

Unrelated but Would anybody like to watch The Mist in stream with me

Also dying alone on Christmas = sadkino

>unironically legends of tomorrow
Besides being reddit as fuck it could be kinda fun. Not anything extraordinary or hype, but something to pass the time.

Waverider and TARDIS crash mid-flight, something goes fucky in time everyone thinks the Doctor is weird besides Ray, Sarah bangs Clara and 11 gets weirded out by not-Rory.

Wew lads, just seen EastEnders and Doctor Who being classed as being of the same sort of ilk in a soap opera bait thread. Is it really that poorly regarded by most people?

trailer park boys
would be great

if it's exclusively from the boys perspective and in the style of their show instead of doctor who absofuckinglutely

shit I can't find a google drive link for the mist ree

On Sup Forums, yes

Strange, considering how Star Trek is at least somewhat respected.

The Second Doctor working with a trio of superhuman agents as a concept is pretty cool. I'm not very far into The Champions though, so I don't really know how the character interactions would work.

As an aside, quite a few people that did work on Doctor Who also worked on this show.

Could be fun. I could see it working with Tennant or Smith.

STD has ruined that reputation

oh of course
the tardis would land and ricky would probably think it was the actual police

I'd watch this. Maybe the doctor could be the new trailer park supervisor, ya know since..:'(
I'd watch this too. This show is great fun. F/M/K Eleanor, Tahani, Janet? Me: Fuck Eleanor, Marry Janet, Kill Tahani.

Jodie Whittaker is in 'Twice Upon a Time' for thirty seconds.
"Doctor Who fans will see all but the last 30 seconds of the special which will be screened in full on BBC One on Christmas day.”

thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/NEWS/15701208.Former_Odeon_to_be_opened_up_for_free_screening_of_Doctor_Who_Christmas_special//

Pertwee would fit in pretty well, I'd imagine.

Update BBC One
Monsters University moves from Boxing Day to Christmas Eve, Doctor Who remains at 5.30pm Christmas Day

Here in the UK soaps are usually the most watched TV shows. As is Doctor Who, so it is often 'grouped' in with 'pop drama' shows aka soaps.

Whether this is a good or bad thing is debatable.

>"Put that shit back, Ricky. You just found out aliens are real and you're going to rob them? Are you trying to start an intergalactic war?"
>"He's got a fucking time machine, he can just go get more who gives a shit?"

>"Do you think they've got space kitties?"

twitter.com/DaleggsRoll/status/937810910181249026 GOAT?

Tennant had about 10 seconds.
Smithy had about 60 seconds.
Capaldi had about 25 seconds.
Jodie gets about 30 seconds.