But season 2 when?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GeorgeKrstic/status/328962947995013121
youtube.com/watch?v=-3SCUu1wfJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7fF0efK2bJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=bm9LUE1Je4w
youtube.com/watch?v=bgnXLi60S1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I remember seeing a large amount of info on how the show would've gone. Some being
>Mike was homosexual
>Julie was an android

And such. Were those jokes?

What? it semmed like Mike liked Julie i could be wrong tho, you got the sauce

The showrunners said Mike was gonna end up with Julie if the series continued. They get some obvious ship tease near the end of the series.

The Julie thing was teased from a behind the scenes photo that had notecards that had the arcs planned beyond season one.

They also had other hints at stuff from either season two or unused ideas, like Mike's sister, a car dealer villain, etc.

>car dealer villain

Bueno.

I wish they got a TV movie too. A road trip would've been perfect.

Mike's sister was named Capri.

>But season 2 when?
Never ever. Fucking kill me

But seriously now, was there ever an actual reason for why Disney canceleed it?

I don't know about where the show would eventually go but I know there were originally going to be three girls in the Burners but Disney told them to cut it down to just Julie because that was "too many" females, and Jacob was going to be Mike's grandfather. I just wanted more Duke and Rayon.

It was just a victim if XD's growing pains. It was meant to be the flagship show for the network, hipper and edgier than what Disney Channek had, but there just plain weren't enough viewers to support it.

XD didn't REALLY take off until they put HF on there. It took moving Disney's most successful show ever to get people watching XD, but it was too late to save Motorcity.

Maybe with the success if Samurai Jack, Prynoski could convince the brass at XD to give MC anither try in an action block. But that really depends on if the programmer is still a personal friend of his.

They had a meeting to bring it back but I don't think anything ever came out of it.
twitter.com/GeorgeKrstic/status/328962947995013121

They got to keep Claire in the series but she wasn't part of the Burners anymore. Disney is fucking stupid.

A shame we still don't know Red's identity.

Ugh, I'd rather Mike be gay for Chuck than end up with Julie. I'm sick of heroes always ending up with the one chick on the team. Especially since they kept the number of women low on the show on purpose.

He was probably gonna be blondie. The staff said they planned on just going with what the most popular theory was

In many ways, I think the Duke was worse than Kane. At least Kane gives back to his community and eats the same processed slop everyone else does. The Duke hoards most of Motorcity's riches and lives like a king.

>The community of mutants that wanted to mutate the city

Honestly the Stickshift double chainsaw staff was dope

BEST CHARACTERS FROM THE SHOW Sup Forums GO

All of them

I heard that Red was originally going to be a girl idk if it's true tho. But the episode Vendetta really made it seem like his friend from the academy was Red in disgusie. I know that they both had two different voice actors but the low key sounded the same

Duke of Detroit
Number Two
Rayon
Foxy

I bet we were gonna get a motorcyclist ally in the show eventually. I would prefer a biker chick but Disney hates women in action cartoons.

The "Mike is gay and Julie is an android" ideas were jokes. Julie is a human and they were gonna talk about how her mother died in her early childhood and Mike was eventually going to end up being a couple with her.

Same. Mike/Julie is boring.

Everyone that wasn't in the main cast. I gravitated towards the supporting characters. But Mike is a cool leader.

>Wanted to destroy motorcity
>Doesn't just turn it into Skate park like city for thrill seekers

I'm surprised they didn't do a Redline reference at all in this show. hell even Mike having a nosebleed when he goes really really fast would have been cool

They might have eventually done one since they pulled some FLCL references. The staff were pitching this show for 10 years so they had plenty of ideas.

>Mike was homosexual
I don't remember this at all.

>Julie was an android
They were considering it, but it was scrapped and thank fuck it was.

>Even had a Sup Forums refrence

I'm pissed this series didn't utilize a techno or synthwave soundtrack. Another car show has already used Eurobeat. You're in Detroit for fuck's sake.

I could see it with chuck.
>Chuck has saved Mike ass so many times at this point he should own it

Chuck and the Duke of Detroit.

Dutch and Rayon were decent as well.

Texas started off well but quickly became flanderized overtime.

Mike was an enjoyable leader protagonist but had the worst character-focused episodes by far.

Chuck should win the Mikebowl.

I was angered by that too. You have cars and you're in Detroit but your soundtrack isn't techno? Disgraceful.

youtube.com/watch?v=-3SCUu1wfJQ

>MikexChuck
>having a chance of being canon at all on a Disney boys cartoon

It would never happen, but the ship sure was damn popular and received a lot of great fanart.

Too bad the ship also made much more sense and had much more going for it than than Mike/Julie and Chuck/Claire, but whatever.

THE DUKE OF DETROIT
EAT STRETCH LIMO, BABY

>Be kane
>Put Cameras all around motor city
>Cause a giant ruckus
>Create reality show called Motor city

a decade from now, it'll get a new season on adult swim

Disney wouldn't let that happen.

Motorcity isn't big enough for a rival network to nab it.

A season 2 is not gonna happen any time soon. Maybe wait another 10+ years. This show had great animation and action but the storytelling and main characters were quite lame. I'd rather watch Rayon drink coffee than sit through Julie-Kane issues.

Motorcity would be better if it had this type of industrial music. Like other people are saying, this is a show about cars and they are in Detroit - the very origin of techno music.

I just hope Red was hot underneath that mask.

a decade from now, adult swim won't be on a network that rivals disney

I doubt Disney would have any interest in buying Adult Swim, if that's what you're implying.

The Larping kids.

>The staff were pitching this show for 10 years so they had plenty of ideas.

And I bet a lot of them were ALSO Toyetic as fuck, and completely shut out from any toyline at all.

Seriously, not even Hot Wheels, nevermind the MASK style cars with battlemodes it was begging for.

Why do you want to make me cry?

They sucked.

Julies entire character was really interesting.

I never cared for Julie much.

She was hot though. Motorcity had some great designs.

Motorcity doesn't seem like the type of thing [AS] would be interested in.

Her voice annoyed me. No wonder I hate Sadie too.

Wasn't there something supposedly going on around this show and Valve? Or at least Valve and Titmouse.

Even if it were true, I'm assuming something would happen around the same time as Halflife 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=7fF0efK2bJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=bm9LUE1Je4w
The unreleased pilot had some electronica music in it.

I know Titmouse was planning on making a really cool cartoon called Prodigal which featured loads of robots. They pitched the idea to Nickelodeon and the network liked it but they want it to be live action instead, so now Titmouse won't be on it anymore. Last time I checked, the show was still in development but Christ, Nick fucking sucks and Disney just had to cancel Motorcity. No wonder Western animation is a joke.

Because MTV held onto the concept for 10 years before letting it go. It's pretty ridiculous.

Never heard of that partnership. All we have of Motorcity season 2 is a couple of ideas other anons have talked about and this intro.
youtube.com/watch?v=bgnXLi60S1o

I feel the same way Disney really dropped the ball on this show and the merch it could of profit from

The process for getting the license from Disney proved so lengthy that Valve told Prynoski he'd be better off just coming up with a new idea.

Disney has an iron hold on everything. You pitch your shit to Disney and they'll screw you up.

The irony of it is, Disney made it because the head of programming for XD at the time was a friend of Prynoski's.

People say moving it to midnight was Disney fucking them over, but Disney wanted to can it entirely halfway through. The programmer is the reason the show got to at least see the end of its season.

Disney is also responsible for the animation age ghetto and multiple generations of furries.

Fucking never.