Thoughts? Maybe Sony isn't going to fuck up at all

Thoughts? Maybe Sony isn't going to fuck up at all.

>Maybe Sony isn't going to fuck up at all
Not possible.

>Maybe Sony isn't going to fuck up at all.
You want to re-read what you just typed out?

horror scifi... so like F4ntastic?

The first title image will be "V3NOM".

Said this in the last thread in response to some Mousefag, but since it just fell off the board I'll repeat here

Sony has had what, 5 movies with Marvel characters? 2 out of these 5 are pretty good

How many movies has Marvel studios made? Like 13? 14? Because only like 5-6 of the movies they've shit out have been any good tops

So, what exactly are you mousefags even getting at....

And don't say "WELL MARVEL NEVER DID AS BAD AS SPIDEY 2, OR ASM"

They have...they've done worse than any of those to be honest, but that's not important.

>Maybe SONY wont fuck it up
ITS FUCKING SONY! Of course they will. We're talking about a studio that wanted BAMILLIONTRILLION DOLLARYDOOS for Spider Man, thought it was a good idea to piss off the Ghostbuster fanbase, and wanted an Aunt May/Sinister Six movie. This is just a sad attempt to go "We can still do Spider Man stuff!". It will fail, it will be their Fan4stic. And we'll never get the Venom we want, regardless of universe. 5 bucks says after this dumpster fire, Marvel Studios introduces Agent Venom in the MCU, retconned to be Eddie Brock instead of Flash Thompson

Meant to say "SPIDEY 3"

>Another Spiderman universe reboot
Please stop

>MCU has done worse than ASM/ASM2
Im not going to pretend the MCU doesnt crank out 3 mediocre films a year but what the fuck are you smoking? ASM2 was fucking terrible. Like, piss on your grave terrible what with Rhino and Electro

Wasn't F4ntastic Four also "horror sci-fi"?

I think this is supposed to be a standalone.

Oh boy! I can't wait for Carnage to kill children and shout "Happy Sandy Hook!"

They said they want this to be the start of their own Marvel cinematic universe

Its not a reboot, its Sony trying to do their own universe outside the MCU Spider Man only with Venom
It was body horror sci-fi

>ellipses
Fucking hell, even posts about Sony-Man movies are puerile.
>but that's not important.
Exactly you deflecting shit, we're discussing how abhorrently the franchise has been handled by Sony, you aimlessly bringing up Mickey Mouse and Marvel addresses dick.

I don't think you even know how to process anything without first filtering it relative to thoughts on Disney products.

Can't they just do a Spidey Cinematic Multiverse instead?

Miles (the animated movie), Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man 2099, and maybe R-rated Spider-Man Noir.

Sony's acting like they're run by someone whose parents were killed by the company, so they fled into the world and assumed another name so that they could return, rise through the ranks and destroy the company from within.

>muh company wars

Fuck off.

So Sony wants to have:
>MCU Spider-Man
>Animated Spider-Man
>R-Rated Venom/Spider-Man
Going on in the same market.

Wow.

The closest we're going to get to that is the Sinister Six buildup within the MCU. On one level we'll have the usual Thanos and beyond whatever bullshit, and on a smaller scale we'll have Peter amassing a group of science assholes who hate his guts. And how dare you even suggest Miles

>Carnage becomes an edgier and shittier Deadpool because it was a success
>Venom gets the Logan treatment somehow

I wouldn't even be surprised.

They probably think they can ride the coattails of MCU Spidey's inevitable success by pushing out spin-offs as close to MCU releases as possible.

Reminder

Sony actually believed that a Raimi Spider Man VS Amazing Spider Man movie would make billions

I would pay to see Toby punch Andrew, yes.

Do we need to start posting the emails? I get the fans of the dceu holding on hope, but with Sony we have actual, tangible evidence of just how fucked the situation is

>suggest

It's happening, user. Officially.

>Im not going to pretend the MCU doesnt crank out 3 mediocre films a year but what the fuck are you smoking? ASM2 was fucking terrible. Like, piss on your grave terrible what with Rhino and Electro
The ASM franchise also gave us the first ever dose of GOOD Spider-Man action on screen, complete with creative usages of webbing and poses and truly a smart mouthed taunting asshole

The Raimi films were better movies overall, but they didn't deliver on that kind of stuff at all

Also, Thor, Thor 2, Iron Man 3, these are shit films I'd argue are far worse than ASM but maybe on par with ASM2, for different reasons

>you aimlessly bringing up Mickey Mouse and Marvel addresses dick.
It wasn't aimless, read the posts I was responding to moron. Or not be a fucking newfag.

>>muh company wars
>Fuck off.
I didn't start it, Mousequeer

I don't know why I'm responding to scene queens who are pretending to be comic fans anyway, kill yourselves

The first two movies were made by Sam Raimi with minimal studio interference.

The instant -- the very fucking second -- they started influencing the movies hard, things went to shit. Ironically enough with Venom, by forcing Raimi to put him in the movie. Raimi was an admitted silver age spidey fan and had no love or care for Venom. But Sony wanted their Venom and they fucking got it.

And it's been a steady descent into shit ever since, with their one bright spot coming from Feige and Marvel Studios bailing them out.

>Venom movie that is legally barred from referencing Spider-Man overseen by Thomas Rothman, the guy who fucked up X-3 and Daredevil

How could I NOT be excited, OP?

I'm not a fan of that particular idea, but to be honest I have been saying for sometime now that one of these daft fucking studios needs to realize tapping into the Elseworld/What if formula of comics for these movies would allow them to tell varied, complex stories with high stakes that don't drag on.

You could have a movie where the heroes can lose or die without everything coming to an end or cheap revivals, and then make another movie with them alive in a different situation.

X-Men First Class and DoFP, Marvel with Thor and Doctor Strange, and technically DC with the Flash time travelling in BvS have all dipped their toes in the possibility of the concept but still are trying to mainly run a marathon with each other building bigger and more needlessly convoluted universes instead of getting the gold in short sprints.

Id hardly call an animated Miles movie anything worth a damn. Its not in the MCU, nor connected with the Venom project. Its literally SONY trying to get brownie points with a character nobody likes except his fat creator

>read the posts I was responding to moron.
The posts in this thread, you daft cunt, were remarking on Sony's incompetence, no mention of MCU until you showed up raving about Mickey like an idiot.

You also directly stated you only even posted here because your last reply in another thread went ignored, so you're replying to no one about nothing and only here seeking desperate validation while you're flailing around making accusations of newfaggotry. You're so helplessly inept it's almost Guinness worthy.

>Action sequences, "creative use of webbing", and Spider Man cracking a few jokes somehow excuse a shit plot, terrible characters, and a rush job to build a Sinister Six sequel
Have a (you)

You don't even have to look back at the emails. Just look at the recent news of them finally doing another Girl With The Dragon Tattoo movie, about a decade too late.

Except they're recasting everybody, so people won't go see it to see Daniel Craig or Rooney Mara. And they're not moving on with the story by doing the other two books, instead opting to do the fanfic book that everybody agrees is a lazy cashgrab by the deceased author's family. And they're using a director that's done like two mediocre movies and who says stupid shit like "It's said that 50% of the director's work is casting. If I'd just take Fincher's (amazing) casting, I wouldn't be doing half of my job. ", so not even the Fincher-crowd is going to surge to the cinema.

The guys in charge simply must be drinking lead-water morning noon and night.

>We will never get that bangin' Post-Secret Wars Spidey movie about Sand Man.

Feels bad.

>I didn't start it, Mousequeer

You were the first person to bring up the MCU, you colossal faggot.

I hope to god you're merely pretending to be retarded and not actually this stupid.

>instead opting to do the fanfic book that everybody agrees is a lazy cashgrab by the deceased author's family.
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Why not just produce it on Netflix or sponsor it like they with the House of Cards?

>Except they're recasting everybody, so people won't go see it to see Daniel Craig or Rooney Mara. And they're not moving on with the story by doing the other two books, instead opting to do the fanfic book that everybody agrees is a lazy cashgrab by the deceased author's family. And they're using a director that's done like two mediocre movies and who says stupid shit like "It's said that 50% of the director's work is casting. If I'd just take Fincher's (amazing) casting, I wouldn't be doing half of my job. "
This is like watching someone drive against traffic.

I'm gonna be honest, and I say this as a pretty defensive Venom fanboy as well....Venom was literally the only thing wrong with Spider-Man 3, and I'm including emo Parker in with "Venom"

Overall the movie was in the same exact tone as the ones before, corny camp shit, and Sandman was pretty well done, you don't get much more comic accurate than that

The fact that you're offended only proves you're a Mousefag, so, go on and keep being one ya little fucking queer

>and Sandman was pretty well done, you don't get much more comic accurate than that

That's what makes me the most sad about the movie, really. I loved everything with Sandman except the final fight stuff. And now there's slim chances of us getting a similar take anytime soon.

How have the underworld folks not been consumed by all this bullshit? I mean, underworld was never great, but it hasn't gotten any worse than what it started as

I really like the idea of using Venom as a sci-fi horror thing not connected with Spider-Man directly, but I have no faith in Sony whatsoever anymore. They'll probably get cold feet when 75% of the movie is done and start cutting and rewriting to give it a PG-13 release after all. Honestly wouldn't surprise me.

>WW is a surprise colossal hit
>Venom suddenly a woman

pls wonder woman do this for me

Horror movies suck they're not scary at all and sony attempting this with a comic book character will only let them go in halfway. it's basically going to be a sequel to life but worse

But with Sony it's probably gonna be some fat nugget of a woman that nobody wants to see.

You're an idiot who knows nothing of the horror genre or it's fans if you think any of it has anything to do with being "scary"

You've also never read Venom comics if you don't think the character didn't already borrow from the horror genre, not surprising from a MCUfag, you people don't read comics in general

Sony's desperation to make a "shared universe" leads them to making a solo Venom movie without Spiderman, and with Tom Rothman in charge of the whole thing.

Ya it's going to suck.

when did nerds start being such drones/people who care what critics think?

oh yeah, when the MCU was a hit and it became trendy for drones to be "nerds"

And the ditzy-shitzy studio climbed up the spout again.

Sony has 60% shit movies.

Marvel has 58% mediocre movies.

Sony will do worse mathematically.

How are they going to make a horror movie with the monster as the protagonist? This genre is basically bullshit meant to hype people up.

The monster won't be the protagonist. The protagonist is going to be the schmuck stuck with the symbiote, realising that they've been doing shit while asleep and that they can't get it off, as well as maybe it completely reconfiguring your anatomy to suit its purposes.

It's got some serious horror potential because it won't be about fighting a monster but trying to get it the fuck off of you and not knowing whether you're actually just going insane.

The problem is that Sony will most probably fuck it up just like they fucked it up when going for that angle with the Fantastic Four.

So how is a Venom movie supposed to work without Spider-Man?

What bullshit do you think they'll make up to explain why Venom has spider powers? Will he even have spider powers?

>Like 13? 14? Because only like 5-6 of the movies they've shit out have been any good tops
lol
None of them are good.

Sandman was awful as well.They tried to hammer in the whole sympathetic angle, but the guy kept using it as a crutch for his misdemeanors. He even goes as far as try and murder Spider-man when that shouldn't have been his main concern. Then after aiding in killing Peter's best friend, we are expected to forgive him?

I know Raimi wanted to do more with his character, but in the end, it does go back to the whole movie suffering from Sony shoehorning Venom.

Why would he need Spider powers? Hell, what spider powers did he even have in the last Spider-Man movie, except for the webbing that you could just explain as goo-powers by making it black.

All you'd really lose is the Spider-Man motif on the chest.

If there's any Spider-Man villain that easily works on his own without any superheroes around it's Venom.

His whole thing is that he was pretty much an evil Spider-Man. Plus his motivation was based around him blaming Spider-Man for fucking up his life. In fact, his motivation was to kill Spider-Man and that seemed to be the most of it.

Also, why would they take the Spider-Man motif out? Venom is a pretty iconic character by design alone. Why would they want to risk losing marketability by making him unrecognizable?

>Why would they want to risk losing marketability by making him unrecognizable?

Becouse sony is braindead and they don't give a fuck?

But even with Ghostbusters it looked like they tried to have some recognizable elements which may have made that film even worse in a way.

A dude walking around with black goo all over themselves and gaining pointy teeth is enough for him to be recognisable, I think. Only a retard would go "what that can't be venom he doesn't have a white spider on him!".

They're obviously just using the symbiote idea for some body-horror stuff instead of just making it a jilted lover of Spider-Man's. Which is actually a decent idea.

But they're still taking a big part of his character development out.

Maybe there is a way to make that work, but let's not forget who is making this film.

All you'd need to keep the jilted-lover angle for the suit is for the guy who's possessed by the symbiote to be focused on hunting a previous user down. He's just not Spider-Man.

They're not building an MCU thing here with heroes working together. They're just using their IP to make a stand-alone horror movie that might still draw some Venom-fans while also being easily accessible to people who don't give a shit about Venom or Spider-Man. It's the smartest idea they've had in a while. They'll still most probably fuck it up, though. Because they're still Sony.

>They tried to hammer in the whole sympathetic angle, but the guy kept using it as a crutch for his misdemeanors.
Thank you, it disturbs me how many people scoop up that sort of thing.

I don't care how powerful his transformation scene was, Sandman was a weak villain. Not as bad as Venom, but even conveniently amnesiac Harry was more compelling.

Raimi's not bad with the sympathetic villain angle but he repeats the "It wasn't my fault, wacky circumstances lead to unfortunate measures" angle to many times and it loses impact. He too often wants to have his cake and eat it too.

One minute Otto or Flint are relentlessly hammering their fists into Spider-Man and the next they're trying to reason to Peter that their violent, uncontrolled behavior is really just a product of society misunderstanding their flaws as humans.

Sandman doesn't even answer for anything, he just wisps off into the sunset. Because I guess if Peter was wrong about this convict being Ben's killer he's somehow completely harmless and innocent?

See the first time with Osborn, it doesn't even count because it was not only in character and fresh but was brilliantly delivered by Will Dafoe, and we're not supposed to forgive Norman just regret his nature until it cost everything. Come the mind controlling tentacles? Not on your life, Raimi.

No amount of suave Al Molina will make slaughtering a surgery room and dropping an old woman off a sky scraper while making a candy bar quip forgivable just because the villain later seethes to his metal muppets to listen to him now as he martyrs.

Honestly it's an admirable effort to make monsters out of men and try to trek back to close their arc, but that doesn't give it a pass when I'm just left wondering what the fuck even happened for the past 2 hours that could not have been resolved as simply and soon as the conclusion. Norman and Harry had consistent reasoning, Otto and Flint were just dicks with a sad face painted on at the end to draw pity.