Frank thread?

Frank thread?

Also, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio was recently cast in Netflix's The Punisher.

We into Ma Gnucci territory now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OE4nWOpf_-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Making Frank's war the result of an extremely far-fetched fictional medical condition was a terrible move and effectively kneecaps any attempt at exploring the character in the future.

In the past, The Punisher has been interpreted as everything from a Batman-esque antihero borne of tragedy to a hate-fueled murder machine only questionably better than the creeps he's killing, but only on Netflix would they ask the question, why does Frank Castle do what he does? And respond with:

>"He got shot in the head and now he's brain damaged."

They wont make her a quadriplegic. Good bet they'll dig up The Russian again.
I think that was just the defense Matt/Foggy were rolling with

You believe everything that lawyers say user? That's a bad move. The mental condition bit was a stretch in the series that even frank didn't agree with, it was literally just something that they made the jury believe to help save their case. Of course this was instantly shot down thanks to Frank blowing up in court.

What do you think the naming style will be like for the Punisher series?

Jessica Jones had episodes which all began with "AKA", Luke Cage had episodes named after hip hop songs, Iron Fist had episodes which sounded like martial arts techniques.

What could they do for Frank? Episodes named after military terminology? Or maybe childen's books?

Bodycounts.

They could do a War Journal type thing and just have each episode be dates/locations

So when is this actually coming out? I keep hearing that Defenders comes out late Summer and this comes out Nov., and vice-versa.

>mfw imagining the ungodly number for the series finale

I could definitely work with that.

vice versa. The Punisher Series is coming out first. I'm not even sure the Defenders has started shooting yet.

This

>We into Ma Gnucci territory now?
good enough place to start. I was hoping for more of a few shorter arc that lasted an episode or two in order to fit in enough Punisher stories without forcing them all into one big long drawn out season of disjointed moments loosely connected by a few meandering plotlines. But if any story arc could hold an entire season Ma Gnucci might be one of the only ones.

Should we have an episode where the widowed mob wives gang up to kill Frank?

naw that really works better for a season 2 episode. need to get Frank a bigger body count and time for the wives to meet and plan their revenge plot.

Probably titles of famous massacres in history.

would anyone else be rock hard if this was the opening scene of the first episode?

They could just adapt all of Punisher MAX and I'd be a happy camper. But I guess they can't have a show about a mass murderer who never gets his comeuppance and still have him being friends with Matt.

why does he still need to be friends with Matt? its not like he's going to be one of the Defenders or anything.

Yes and yes

Even Frank believes that to be total bullshit. He even calls Karen out on the "...this sounds a lot like the PTSD defence."

Defenders wrapped shooting last week, actually. They were filming at the same time.

Is the night nurse going to be the leader?

Here's hoping they save our Muthafucka for season 2.

no she will be the chosen one that the Hand need to unleash the demon they worship in order to rule the world and the team has to keep her safe. one could almost say they would be her.....Defenders?

Yes and then she goes ass to mouth.

What other characters could be the focus of a more murderous crop of Netflix shows? I've been gravitating toward the idea of Blade. Vampires are fairly low-key, special effects wise, and AoS has featured the Darkhold, so that could be tied in, depending on what they end up doing with it there.

Ghost Rider and Moon Knight. Blade would be good too.

You could do the MAX version of Foolkiller. I think it'd be cool to see a Punisher-level body count coupled with elaborately posed corpses. Something like Hannibal, but they have tarot cards stuck to them

Fuck Blade, let's do Morbius.

Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider and Warren Ellis Moon Knight could work for series.

Show clips of Robbie in GR and explain that there's another Ghost Rider out there.

If they did Morbius and Ghost Rider then you could build up to a Midnight Sons mini. Could be cool. Wouldn't be worth it without Man-Thing though.

we already know there is another Ghost Rider. It has also been confirmed that it is in fact Johnny.

Now you've got me thinking of FrankenCastle. That would probably be too ridiculous for netflix, but while we're talking about supernatural stuff you could do something with Bloodstone. He could appear in the series in the present day and hint at past monster hunts.

Lame, the best GR was Danny.

They showed that already. But in a wierd way. Robby was created by another GR, presumably Johhny.

speaking of a Ghost Rider series I need to update this. I can't think of anyone to be Danny.

I wonder what it's like to be this fucking dense. How the hell do you get through life without basic comprehension skills? Do you even have object permanence?

See this look Matty's giving you?
It's the "nigga, I was lying" look.

bump

Ghost Rider. Blade. Moon Knight. After Dr.Strange they can be used in MCU very well.

>finale
>"check out these quints"

>Wouldn't be worth it without Man-Thing though.
Well, Man-Thing was already mentioned in AoS. So he/it is part of the MCU already.

But only with blind guys....

Finally, a Marvel Netflix show where we don't have an entire 'If you kill him, you will become him' episode.

>Frank with an M60

screw all the newfangled hardware, this is what he needs to use

Sleepwalker

How hard would you all be if the series was just a one to one adaptation of The Slavers arc?

Not very. Slavers shouldn't be season 1.

so young, so naive...

While it would be awesome to see Ma Gnucci on the show, she should be played by Lori Petty. Granted, she's only in her 50s, but slap a little old age makeup on her and bam! Perfect Ma.

The only thing that's really got me worried about The Punisher is the size of the supporting cast
Last I checked, there was about 10 people announced and that strikes me as being too many
The Punisher needs Frank, Micro, Detective Soap, maybe a couple of FBI guys and the current target.
I'm worried that it might just become The Punisher & Friends

Not a big fan of The Slavers, I would prefer "up is down and black is white" or Barracuda. Mother Russia would probably be too expensive.

>I'm worried that it might just become The Punisher & Friends
I liked the Marvel Knights Punisher arc when he had a supporting cast: spacker Dave, Joanne, Mr. Bumpo and soap. The show has to have a large cast because he just kills his enemies anyway, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Slavers would be better off season 3. That's in some dark territory, it would need to have a gradual spiral into that shit.

Any of these would be acceptable.

Nursery Rhymes

ONE BATCH

That would require work on the writer's part though. And we all know how Marvel's writers are.

Gun names. Types of ammo. Every single episode is Frank

TWO BATCH

Who could play Barracuda?

PENNY AND DIME

Tommy "Tiny" Lister is the first choice that popped up in my mind.

I really, really hope they put internal monologues in this series. I hope the music is in the spirit of the game too.

youtube.com/watch?v=OE4nWOpf_-g

Will this be the first Marvel Netflix show that uses the word fuck liberally instead of skirting around it?

YOU NEVER GO ASS TO MOUTH

Considering what Marvel has done with Deadpool and Logan I think it could carry the R rated trend.

>Deadpool
>Logan
>>>>>>Marvel

They got nigga in Luke Cage so it's possible.