Spidey "doesn't punch" and is kid friendlier than ever

>Spidey "doesn't punch" and is kid friendlier than ever

>Vulture will still get killed off "by accident"

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rk-dF1lIbIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jews

Because the movie is being made by Disney/Marvel?

The jews.

>Implying they won't keep Vulture around like they did for nearly every other MCU villain so they can bring him back in a Sinister Six movie

>keep Vulture around like they did for nearly every other MCU villain
Lmfao what?

>Vulture
>Dying
This is going to be the rare instance in the MCU where the villains dont die. Why? Because they want the Sinister Six. Speaking of which, which members would you use, and how would you introduce them? We already have 2 down thanks to Shocker

They could easily pull a TAS and have the Vulture's son or nephew or apprentice or whatever take on the mantle.

What? Why? You're not going to top Keaton, and its needless additional setup

They aren't going to do both Sinister Six and Thunderbolts.

Who said they were doing Thunderbolts? And why wouldn't they do the Sinister Six? They know spideyfags want it

>Confirmed
Vulture
Shocker

>Most Likely Candidates
Rhino
Doc Ock
Mysterio
Chameleon

>If only we could be so Lucky
Kraven
Tombstone
Electro
Hammerhead (Joe Kelly version)

I doubt they'll do Rhino or Electro again. I DO think we'll see Kraven.

>expecting a bald villain to survive a part 1 MCU movie

they all die.

I hope we get Doc Ock and Green Goblin again. They're my favorite main Spidey villains. Also I'd love to see the Ultimate Spider-Man Clone Sage with Doc Ock.

>Introduce a dying Otto Octavius
>Mechanical arms originally meant to aid his weak body so he could continue to do research
>Gets desperate to stay alive, goes on tech hiest
>Fights Peter
>Gets away, but also get blood sample from Peter
>Clones body from his tissue and Peter
>Becomes pic related
>Goes on to form Sinister Six
>After credit stinger leaves Ben Reilly open to possibility

all the other dead villains make sense, if not disappointing

killing off spidey villains is not only completely tonally off but a bad move money wise. we'll see what they do.

ronan doesn't put butts in seats, sinister six does

>>Spidey "doesn't punch" and is kid friendlier than ever

wut

I bet they will do rhino again because it was done in such a silly dumb way. I mean, I feel like we'll see rhino before electro, lizard and sandman get done. I'd say we get a more traditional rhino and not the mech

>Marvel not wanting a piece of the SKWAAD pie

Why do movie villains always have to be killed? Ending the threat without their death not satisfying or realistic enough for general audiences?

>implying doc ock and the sinister six won't be off limits because Sony wants them in their shitty no-spiderman universe.

We'll only get obscure villains in the MCU.

A want a Spidey movie without a big bad. I want him struggling to balance being a kid and helping aunt may with chores, helping the kid people bully, all while going out to stop villains who don't need a crazy backstory. Gets a bank robbery call, swings in to stop rhino, bam he's locked up and pissed, middle of vacuuming jumps out the window to stop Scorpion, and so on. Then have ock or goblin round up these villains that were beaten so easily by a kid. No need for sympathy or arcs, just awesome fights and a Spidey who gets shit done 1 v 1 but needs to get innovative to stop people who just want to hurt him

The movie is out already?
why didnt i hear about it?

You can get away with using Rhino again simply because he was practically nonexistent in ASM2.

Marvel is absolutely looking into Thunderbolts, Sinister Six, Wrecking Crew, Masters of Evil or what have you title. Rumor is, Sony wants to one (either sinister six or superior foes) and marvel wants one and their feuding over who gets to theirs first. It all needs to fit into their timeline and schedule.

Apparently Daniel Bruhl, who played Zemo in Civil War, has a contract for further films, and certain elements of his character, like the mask, were saved specifically for further films. This, combined with the sympathetic backstory he has in Civil War, has people convinced that they intend on doing a Thunderbolts film with him leading it. It makes sense.

There never going to use dock ock or sandman ever again so sinister six would be dookie.

>>Spidey "doesn't punch" and is kid friendlier than ever
Aside from the not-punching thing, that's probably more in the spirit of Spiderman Comics than most adaptations, including the Raimi films.

Spiderman's always been exceedingly kid-friendly, which is one of the reasons he's so popular among ALL generations; people that grew up with him love him for nostalgia's sake in addition to the various media portraying him, and kids...well, kids love Spiderman.

What remains to be seen is how well (or poorly) this translates into a film in the grander scheme of the MCU. I'm not all against Homecoming being kid-friendly, given all the Marvel movies so far have been to some degree.

It's called guardians of the galaxy.

user Spider Man 2 was 12 years ago, I think we can do Otto again

Do you all think that we will ever see The Abomination again? Last I heard he escaped from his prison during the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D

why the FUCK is spiderman kid friendly?

Marvel has a huge inferiority complex over movies that aren't made by them. That's why there doing teen spider-man again because they know they couldn't write adult spidey better.

this, marvel knows that they can't keep up with other movie producers like WB and Fox who have movies way more successful both financially and critically than anything disney has ever made

Spiderman is less hardcore than Pretty Cure, a series for elementary school girls.

Yes, the MCU needs more super science and spideys rogues are just the crew to kick it off

I'm sick of all this chitauri/Tony Stark shit and hope they move off of it after this movie

Loki, Abomb, Zola, Batroc, Red Skull, all of these characters are still alive and I know I'm forgetting more too.

Zola isn't. But Justin Hammer, Zemo, Abomination and Dormammu are.

This has to be an ironic post, but I know Snyderfags are stupid enough to legit believe that.

They could always utilize the Sinister Six in another Spider-Man movie. Or sort of in place of the Thunderbolts unless they feel like giving Zemo some more shit to do

Do you honestly believe that a digital being who pretty much lives in the Internet would die in an explosion without making a back up copy of himself some place? That's as foolish as believing the Ultron AI actually died at the end of AoU.

The only MCU villains who are confirmed dead are Stane, Whiplash, Yellowjacket, and Killian. You could also probably count Ronan and Malekith, but let's be honest, they could get magicked back in if they needed them.

Aside from them:
>Abomination and Leader are in the Cube
>Loki is obviously still around
>Red Skull got sucked through a vague space portal, can show up whenever they feel like bringing him back
>Justin Hammer is in prison, so is Trevor
>The "real" Mandarin is apparently a thing
>Ultron was "destroyed", like he didn't stow a copy of himself somewhere like he literally always does
>Zemo is in custody
>Mordo is hunting sorcerers, Kaecilius and pals are now serving Dormammu for all eternity
>Thanos has been chilling in his chair for half a decade

I probably missed one or two, but the majority of movie villains make it out alive (and the fan-favorites like Loki and Hammer make repeat appearances).

Marvel is smart enough to keep Toomes alive for the Sinister Six. They need to start building a stable of things to look forward to after we get Infinity War and finally blow that Thanos load we've had brewing since 2012.

To be perfectly fair, I'm just an user and I have no idea whether or not they'll kill him. But I'll say that I'm VERY confident that he's staying alive.

Let's go with the classic setup, shall we?
>Vulture
>Mysterio
>Doc Ock
>Rhino
>Electro
>Kraven

I want Shocker to apply, but get booted for being a fuck-up. So he gets together with Boomerang and co and we get pic related.

>I want Shocker to apply, but get booted for being a fuck-up
It'd be a nice thing to play it as the Shocker having been around for awhile, like since before Iron Man showed up, but no one ever really cared because he was just robbing banks. And not very well. It'd be a good way to establish him as the experienced super criminal Superior Foes used while also dealing with the fact that he's never shown up before.

Scorpion, Kraven, and Mysterio for sure because they're the last major Spider-Man villains yet to be used in a movie.

>Last I heard he escaped from his prison during the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D
Did he really?
Honestly, how fucking boss would it be for the post-credits stinger of Infinity War to be Zemo or Red Skull assembling the Masters of Evil?

Zola I feel is in the same category as Red Skull and Ultron.
In that he's "dead" but you could easily resurrect him without straining people's suspension of disbelief.

>Red Skull was in a pocket dimension all along!
>Ultron kept a drone hidden, just in case!
>Zola had his consciousness uploaded to the internet and was laying low until it was opportune to strike!

>It's Shocker's idea to assemble super-criminals
>Gets people like Vulture, Ock, and Electro
>"Okay guys, let's get down to business, I was thinking we could rob-"
>"ENOUGH OF YOUR PRATTLING, HERMAN. HOW WILL WE DESTROY THE SPIDER?"
>"I WANNA SQUASH THE BUG!"
>"HE HAS VEXED ME FOR THE LAST TIME!"
>"Well yeah guys he's a pain, but I mapped out a bunch of banks I think we could knock over really easily-"
>"THE ARACHNID WILL FALL VICTIM TO OUR COMBINED MIGHT. FOR WE ARE, THE SINISTER SIX!"

Like, he ends up recruiting a bunch of dudes who are not only smarter and stronger than him, but are way too hung up on getting revenge on Spider-Man, while Shocker just wants to knock over some banks and retire.

I take it you haven't watched any movies made by Marvel Studios

we dont need punches, we have swing kicks and wrapping things with webbing

This

>classic
replace Rhino with Sandman and it's classic

>Ultron was "destroyed", like he didn't stow a copy of himself somewhere like he literally always does
You could also argue that Ultron was merely re-absorbed into the Mind Gem by Vision.

Cue Ultron taking over Vision's body as a plot point in the future.

I wonder how that would fuck with the infinity gauntlet.

I'm happy for him. They were all horrible.

>defending this
Sad.

Isn't it made by Sony with marvel help?

Damn, I was thinking of the line-up they used in Spectacular Spider-Man. But then that one had Sandman at one point too.

Honestly, I kinda like the idea of Sandman trying to go legit. Like, he gets drunk with power for a bit, then realizes he's in too far over his head. Like, he just wanted to get a big score and live the easy life, now Doc Ock is sending him to the moon to fight the Avengers so they can blow up the white house with an orbital laser or something. So we can see him get burned out on supervillainy and gradually learn what he stands for, since he's basically been nothing more than a henchman all his life.

Really, there's a lot you could do with Sandman, and he's one of the elements that Spider-Man 3 got really right.

>Ultron's consciousness was waiting inside the Mind Gem all along
>Thanos smashes Vision open to get the Gem
>Finally assembles the Gauntlet
>Ultron commands the Mind Gem to allow him to merge his consciousness with Thanos
Imagine if they decided to crank the crazy up to 11 with Infinity War.

does he kick

We already have enough heroes who throw punches, I honestly don't see what the real problem is here. Spidey can easily get away without throwing an actual punch, even more so against Vulture, all he has to do is disable his wings and he's more or less helpless.

The only reason I could think to have Spidey throw a punch would be against Shocker because of how his gloves and suit dampen punches and attacks like that.

I mean, yeah, okay, it's kind of dumb that we won't see him actually fight toe to toe with someone, but it's not something I'm overly hung up on.

I don't like the whole "no punches" thing either, but the good thing to take away from this is that it means they'll have to get creative each time Spidey has to fight back, and that could make for some pretty dynamic fight scenes than usual.

It worked in the cartoon where I'm pretty sure most people didn't notice till they were told.

my ultimate spidey fim would be no major super villian instead he would fights mobsters and bank robbers maybe you could have tombstone or kingpin as a big bad at the end, what i liked about sam rami and spiderman mainly is that he was a street leave super hero that help the little guy. maybe he could help bust a heist ring

Marvel made with Sony approval.

I'm hoping for awesome Web moves, love it with Spidey really uses that shit.
I wouldn't mind seeing the mcu Spidey dealing mostly with small time crooks, the part with Avengers masks makes me smile.

after fantastic 4 Sony should have no say what so ever

Isn't fantastic 4 fox?

oops your right well fuck sony any way
im still sore over ghostbusters

>does whatever a spider can
>can't punch
THIS IS UNREALISTIC!

>Marvel made with Sony approval.

You're kidding. I always thought it was the other way around.

So this might be decent?

Probably not.

Oh, you've seen it already? Or are you just making shit up?

Basically Marvel is just leasing the property. Its their money and their risk while Sony just gets a cut of the profits. But Sony does get to have input in the movie.

Calm down Dan. Nobody likes you

I'm very excited to see what happens when Homecoming is a success.
Sony is a studio that operates like a literal helmet child, so there's no telling if they'll put two and two together and realize that maybe they shouldn't enter into direct competition with the people who just upstaged them with their own license and made them a fuckton of money in the process.

So. Apparently there are two Shockers in the movie. White and black. I think white will be the actual inventor of the tech, but also the fuck up we know and love. While black Shocker is a slick professional from Spectacular Spider Man.

>Basically Marvel is just leasing the property. Its their money and their risk while Sony just gets a cut of the profits. But Sony does get to have input in the movie.
I need to make some corrections.

Currently Sony has the rights to Spiderman movies. The Homecoming arrangement, is that they voluntarily give up control of the story to Marvel for this film, in exchange for 100% of the profits of Homecoming.

Marvel in this deal, gets to have 100% control of this movie, but loses any amount of profits the film made. (They got paid a little for every other Spiderman film up to now, but not this one.)
But Marvel got 100% control of Spiderman merchandising, so they made their money off THAT.

More importantly, Marvel doesn't pay for the making of Homecoming. Sony does. Sony pay the bills, and that is why they get the profits. Money only has creative control because Sony deliberately let them, and Sony can in theory take it back at any time.

I don't recall what the specific deal pertaining to it was, but obviously there's also a bit about Marvel using Spider-Man in their movies. I think it was Sony gets to sign off on them but doesn't get the profits?

The upshot for Sony is that they get to bank off of the success of the MCU brand to jumpstart their next reboot.

>Spidey "doesn't punch" and is kid friendlier than ever

Did Marvel work Sony into ruining Spider-Man Homecoming?

>implying death by accident can't be haunting as fuck
Don't doubt the Mouse.

What's the problem with Spider-Man not punching? I think it's a good way to introduce a different action style in the MCU. Just yesterday there was a thread on Sup Forums that complained about how everyone's powers were used the same way.

Spider-Man simply using webs and agility sounds great.

Okay, so you have a point about several being left alive. But most of them are probably never being used again. Red Skull, Abomination, Leader, "Mandarin", Hammer? They are all in the void.

it's an unnecessary risk, the audience is 85% edgy adults and teens and if the children's cartoon approach doesn't work or comes off too corny crowd response could damage the longivty

they probably did the reshoots to secure themselves the PG-13 rating.

They can easily be brought back though, during Infinity War 2 they can make a big come back because the avengers aren't on earth to defend it, or worse yet be summoned by Thanos in some grand final battle.

Honestly I'd be fucking hyped to find out that Thanos found Red Skull and kept him around, and I'd hope that we get Thunderbolts made up of some kf the criminals they have in prison to replace the absent Avengers.

I know this probably isn't the case, but until it doesn't happen I'll still be hoping.

>You've seen the billionaire, the scientist, the soldier. Now it's time to see the kid. And every decision we make on set is based off how would a kid react in this situation, so every fight scene we have is designed in a way that's almost child-friendly, so he never actually punches anyone. It's all done kind of by accident. I think the biggest difference is his youth and innocence."

It's like they've never met a kid before. Kids hit each other all the time.

The realist in me says this is done to be safe and not offend parents with a movie showing a kid beating the hell out of grown men with his fists, as it might come off as "unheroic".
The optimist in me hopes they take it as a challenge to make all the physical confrontations unique and exciting my utilizing spideys powerset to its fullest.

That sounds stupid as fuck. They probably won't even notice that he's not punching anything unless somebody points it out to them. He didn't throw a single punch in the trailer and nobody cared.

>One development of note is that a mistake by Spidey during a ferry rescue scene prompts Iron Man to show up and make the actual save. Peter's struggle prompts Tony to take the Spider-Man costume/armor back as he tells Peter he "shouldn't need it to be Spider-Man." As such, Peter suits back up in the homemade costume briefly seen in Captain America: Civil War. This is another interesting development as it opens the door for Peter to potentially make his own costume by the film's end. It seems Watts wants to show Peter yearning to be an Avenger and operate on a larger scale but his journey in Homecoming will be about him learning to just take care of NYC. At one point, Tony literally tells him, "Can’t you just be a friendly, neighborhood Spider-Man?"

Only 66 minutes until the trailer drops.

>Shocker passing by the aftermath, out of costume.
>Sees the Six being rounded up and arrested.
>Grins smugly as he clutches the wad of thousand dollar bills in his pocket.

35 minutes to go.

>that pic

Can't wait! It's going to be so great to have a GOOD trailer to talk about

I have a hard time imagining it'll be better than the Justice League trailer, considering how low rent the first one looked.

youtube.com/watch?v=rk-dF1lIbIg

This is what a movie aimed at the youtube generation looks like, I can feel myself fading into irrelevance as I watch it.

They should do 10 movies.

Movie 1: Vulture
Movie 2: Mysterio
Movie 3: Kraven
Movie 4: Sandman
Movie 5: Electro
Movie 6: Doctor Octopus
Movie 7: Sinister Six
Movie 8: Green Goblin
Movie 9: Venom
Movie 10: Carnage

>10 movies

Jesus Christ, wouldn't even someone who loves Spider-Man be sick of all this bullshit by 7?