You are tasked with making a new marvel superhero

You are tasked with making a new marvel superhero.

brand new, no spinoffs or reboots. but it must be within the established marvel universe, meaning no creating extra dimensions or planets or things like that.

what would you do Sup Forums??

Jojo Part IV

A team of power ranger-like individuals who are the human representations of the infinity stones

Gwenhulk. Gwen hulkina was just an average girl until she fell down the toilet, this gave her super powers like those of the hulk! The first page is various super heroes, including the ghost of bruce banner, talking about how awesome she is.

> no spin offs

IS IT THAT FUCKING HARD??

Gwen Horsefeather came into contact with the same terrigen that killed scott summers, the terrigen had actually taken a sample of his dna and used it to alter hers. Now with crimsom eyebeams that can only be stopped by douchy red sunglasses, gwen must become the SUPERIOR CYCLOPS and show the world's mutants that the best mutant is in fact an inhuman.

Wacky hijinks include Emma thinking Gwenclops is the original cyclops, Logan trying to seduce her ina strange romance and the memories of scott summers living in her head!

Am I hired?

That's not how it works at marvel, tho. Not anymore. All new heroes must be spun off a popular hero. All of them.

Tyrone the transgender basketball player

Make an LA vigilante who fights underground crime , who eventually gains super powers.

another new Quasar

Is Another New Quasar gay?

Apart from my long list of X-Men new mutants ideas?
How about a hero who has no superpowers or costume, he just happens to always randomly be around in NYC when supervillains do their crap and manages to always be the hero on the spot when the situation calls for it.
I'd call him "Everyman".

He already existed in marvel I think he had a guitar or something, but he was boring and then they gave him powers twice.

Also, no new mutants. So says the editors.

shadow king sustains a bleeding psychic injury in one of the fights he has with the x-men. blood drips into a part of the soil that a worm eats, becoming a dark psychic worm. an early bird comes and eats the worm, thus becoming a psychically charged shadow sparrow thing. it then gains the psychic power of using astral projection to fly out of the comic book it's in and murders bendis horribly

They have too many superheroes.
What they need to do is bolster the ranks of their supervillains.
Most supervillains are walking jokes that are little more than Punisher-bait.

but, then, who are the heroes supposed to fight if you make more villains? we need more heroes for civil war 3 and super secret wars.

bring back dark beast

The Trans-Bender.
A person with the power to change peoples gender.
They go around making transgender peoples gender fit their sex, so that they can live a happy life, and subsequently make people who do not like transgender people, happy, bringing tranquility to both groups.

Crawler from Worm, but a hero. Even got body image problems, by being turned into a giant monster. Diversity points.

fuck, beat me to it.

also make them an exact mix of black, hispanic, arabic and asian for maximum brownie points.

My new superhero would be codenamed Roleplayer, but the reader never sees them directly.

Roleplayer's ability is to manifest their characters (with appropriate superpowers) into "real life", like a tulpa only awesomer. While at first their characters mainly focus on street-level crime as Roleplayer starts to understand the limits of their power, eventually they start moving to bigger and better things.

They'd start by selling their services to almost any bidder - richer people and businesses get charged more, while poorer people might get a nominal fee like $1 - using their waifu tulpa as their representative. They become pretty decent that they start to amass a fortune, and move onto bigger sights: contracting with governments, both in the US and abroad (like Mexico).

Roleplayer's tulpa would start getting the attention of bigger criminals - as well as positive and negative attention as a result of them starting to replace police forces. People on both sides of the aisle may like it because issues of injury to police and suspects becomes nonexistent - the tulpa have little reason to fear getting shot, because they are neither alive... nor do they care if they're destroyed, because they'd just respawn soon afterward. However, issues arise from the whole "replacing labor with 'machines'" thing.

From there it could go into many directions. Superheroes could be wary of Roleplayer's ever-increasing forces, certain that they'll just go crazy sooner or later... or others may support them however they can.

Criminals will try to subvert the will behind the tulpa, or at least work around them... sometimes with brute force of hired mercenaries and supervillains, and sometimes by subverting the tulpa themselves with magic... And of course they'd try to find the source of the tulpa, particularly once it's revealed that killing the representative doesn't stop everything.

(To be continued.)

user! You're fired.

Or perhaps Roleplayer could pull a smaller scale version of Robot from Invincible.... They'd overthrow North Korea while the (mainly American) superheroes are busy with fighting each other, or some outside force like Thanos. Their forces would overrun Syria and put a forceful end to the fighting there... imprisoning superpowered people who won't bend their knee, and making the ISIS fighters all "disappear" without a trace. And of course the tulpa would stay as an occupying force, catching anyone who so much even loads their gun or pulls out bomb-making materials.

What will the superheroes do? Will they try to "rightfully" return Kim Jun-Un to power? Will they support the conqueror of North Korea? Will they dare let Syria fall back into civil war by removing this force?

Certainly those loyal to China and Russia would try to attack to put their own puppets in those countries... should they intervene?

And then of course many of those countries' magical artifacts and creatures start disappearing...

Could go anywhere from there. They'd be staunchly opposed to killing, though certain people if caught would either disappear, or be tossed out into another country. IE: Red Skull would end up in Israel to be tried, perhaps as a way of convincing them to avoid working against this new peaceful Syria.

Of course, Roleplayer may decide to settle the Israeli-Palestinian violence issue through brute occupation of every square inch of land...

WHEN WILL THESE MARVEL INTERNS LEAVE THE FUCKING BOARD RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I would make a high tier reality warper who attempts to kill all the others, only to fail miserably because reality warpers. So eventually you have a comic where Jamie Braddock, Kobik, David Haller, Franklin Richards, and Donut Steel are all in a room hashing out how to get their various houses in order to actually move things forward in their franchises.

You can't fire me! I quit!

And I'm totally going to Image to create this super original character named Storyteller who will bring into life legally-distinct versions of the unique tulpa and it'll be owned by me and totally awesome!

Hollywood, son of Simon Williams, defender of LA, emperor of San Francisco.

A transient hero who works the green trade on the west coast, trying to save lives as they go from place to place just making enough to get by. It has built in monster of the week status and a chance for longer overarching plots about how fucked up small scale drug operations can be.

>no new mutants, So say the editors.

Firstly, they've already made more new mutants since that bullshit meme was first pushed on Sup Forums by the shills and shitposters.
Secondly, you don't work for Marvel. You have no idea what the editorial stance is. Stop playing pretend.

They already have that guy/girl character in the X-Men books in all but name and idiotic motives: Masque, the Morlock who can shapeshift people.

like every great Marvel character I'll make a blatant rip off a lesser known DC character

so basically I'm going to rip off Tomorrow Woman but give her Tangent Flash's superpowers and draw character exactly like Mary Marvel-Shazam, but being 2017 Marvel I'll look to the editor how the character should actually look.

She'll be a human looking android sent to kill the Champions by some evil science guy (not Ultron) but turns good, y'know the ol' Red Tornado-Vision story and give her own book . then we just Marvel it up, throw in maintaining a shitty job, even tho secret ID's are worthless and whole bunch of robot identity politics and creation morality stuff.

Cherry Poppins
An inhuman drag queen with superior reflexes who mesmerizes people when lipsyncing to music.

The first story arc involves Rupaul coming to Attilan to host a new season of Drag Race. But the evil group 10 Moms (1 Million Moms) tries to tear it down.

Eventually she'll spin out her own team of Drag Warriors (The Drag Dolls)

Lady Gaga and her mother monster summoning powers will guest star in the second arc when Cherry Poppins and the Drag Dolls take on the evil Overlord Ronald Drump.

Small time crook who gets burned pretty bad by some costumes, decides that he'll go after them himself, gets a bunch of old out of date hero tech and busts up his old gang. Finds out that being a super hero is kind of addicting, gets more and more tech that he just steals off costumes he beats, eventually becomes some kind of anti hero.

Arch Nemesis would be Chameleon.

Who was the villain that became a fake hero, only to like it so much that he tried to stay that way? Was it a thunderbolt? I can't remember.

My name is Brian Michael Bendis and I will now hire all the best artists and have them work on my newest character.

A transgender ambiguous brown gay lesbian named Captain America Spider-Man Thor Wolverine. They become the new lead character in all four comics as the originals die off or something I don't know or care about them. But anyway Captain America Spider-Man Thor Wolverine is the best Captain America, the best Spider-Man, the best Thor, and the best Wolverine. Oh and they're in Inhuman. Not a mutant. INHUMAN.

They have all the powers and are the smartest person on the planet, smarter than Reed Richards and Tony Stark and Doom and T'Challa COMBINED. And they go around defeating oppressive military leaders around the world and freeing brown women of color of muslim faith and every issue ends with Captain America Spider-Man Thor Wolverine punching out Trump. Because not only are they the best and they fight crime but they also solve problems they have with disagreeable people by punching them in the face.

The first issue is $9.99 and I'm cancelling Nova. Cancelling Nova? Yeah, cancelling that comic named Nova.

butt man his powers. are he has a butt LOL

MOTH MAN!

Captain Yesterday

An overly muscled 34 year old White male 80's action movie parody that that has more guns, puns, and pouches than a 9/10 16 year old girl attention whore has instagram followers. He gets a new love interest every story arch, and before long porks his way through every prolific female on the Marvel roster.
He's a complete and totally intentional Gary Stu.

Pretty much this

A half cyborg human that generates her own battle armor symbiote ala blue beetle
Her body powers it by converting energy to cosmic quantum.

Just hack steal from ben10

Ghost freak
Xlr8
Upgrade
AlienX

>new Marvel superhero

Marvel Fanman. He's the biggest fan of Disney's Marvel and has all the powers of their greatest heroes. He loves Disney's Marvel's Marvel Cinematic Universe and every issue has him interacting with his favorite new movie heroes.

Tardigrade Man, whose abilities are all about adapting and surviving in new conditions, kinda like Doomsday but without the dying part.
He is actually a woman who disguises herself as man. This is her way of ADAPTING and SURVIVING in this cruel misogynist society. Her foes are filthy male oppressors, and she uses her genderbending ability to rape them to make them feel what women constantly feel. She is an antihero like Punisher so other heroes often try to get her to change her ways but she is too cool and edgy for that.

With or without the zero suit?

Or just Level up their current villains until they are a real threat. Imagine if Titania could grow into a Giantess & was actually stronger than the She Hulk.

Power Creep needs to apply to villains as well, if Marvel want something resembling tension or suspense anymore.

If it wasn't for the infinity stones breaking a rule, that would actually be kinda neat

No spinoffs

Absence-Man. Each comic is just other characters having conversations while waiting for him -talking about existence, meaning of life, meaning of death etc. he never arrives.

Since I'm a suckered for cliches, it's a bounty hunter very reminiscent of Blondie from Good the Bad and the Ugly. He has a few cybernetic limbs after a shootout he lost die to his refusal to give up outdated plans and weapons.

Near perfect aim due to his new robot eye.

You not letting us add more stuff and not make it a spin off at the same time puts us in a rock between a hardplace.

a guy bitten by a radioactive autistic person has the powers to count and correct people on inane technicalities, but his weakness is making direct eye contact and social situations.

I have a pet roleplay fetish so: Dog Girl, she's super excitable in civilian life, gets easily distracted, super affectionate, pretty cute. In the heat (puns) of battle she's really aggressive, and focuses solely on her opponent. Fights with a giant fucking bone and sharp teeth.
It'd probably be a comedy comic, but get hype when she has to fight crime.
For extra shenanigans she could lapse into acting like a dog: walking on all fours, panting, sniffing butts. But if they have the fight, her friends have to scramble to get her focused to save the day.

That is cute!

Just keep her away from the next event!

>That is cute!
Thanks!
>Just keep her away from the next event!
Yeah, sadly she would be easily be fodder for an event comic.

Is she a Corgi?

I thought of her as a human girl, not an anthropomorphic dog

>91108424

But does she have the proportional cuteness of a corgi?

Yes

First step: Keep it as far away from Marvel as possible. Maybe even bring it to DC.

And the character's a straight white guy that hated hillary.

>This is her way of ADAPTING and SURVIVING in this cruel misogynist society. Her foes are filthy male oppressors, and she uses her genderbending ability to rape them to make them feel what women constantly feel.
Jesus

Galactus's milfy sister, who creates life.
Who eventually get's killed and that's why galactus is the destroyer, out of revenge.

No spinoffs

Damn it.

U mean waiting for Godot comic book adaptation?

If I could make a successful superhero, why in the world would I give it away to Disney? Are you dense, boy?

Perhaps the police reward her by calling her a good girl and giving Dog Girl her trademark favorite treat

I make my own IPs and distribute them online for free as black and white and in print, priced in full color.

God, Marvel sucks nowadays

That's what happened to the original Thunderbolts aside from Zemo.

Not him but I like this idea

There's a lot of cute potential with the character

Guy who's power changes every time he goes to sleep.

I want to do a series where Rhode Island turns into this Cthulu-esk territory, and none of the other heroes seem to notice it. With weird shit just happening like pavement turns to water and then back to pavement again.

The main character would be a guy who kills a demon like monster with a bat, which causes the demon's attributes to stick to the guy and the bat can't leave his body, like shadow tendrils and stuff.
Also want the effect that when he enters a room, the shadows get sucked to his shadow.

...it's not supposed to be as edgelord as I put it out to be.

Why Rhode Island?

I jave this idea thats basicly a japanese suoer hero whose a huge shout out to kamen rider.

Named Hornet.

Hes basicaly a low level teleporter with a pew pew lazer, and a big obesession on for posing.

Basicaly teenage peter parker meets gohan as the great sayiaman

A hero able to catabolize his fat and carb storage to make muscle and energy to beat up babies

>to beat up babies
You had a good idea up until here

>audible_laugh.mp3

>Inhuman

Yeah it's a flop.

>brownie points

color me kek'd

HP Lovecraft

Ah

Inspired to become super heroes in the generic shitty slums of a super hero city, three highscool seniors mask up to become The Marauders. Arc 1 would be about them going into crack dens and parks armed with nothing but baseball bats, narrowly escaping death. Arc 2 would deal with their influence on the local community, and how randoms begin to become vigilantes. Arc 3 would be about how the marauders become a ideology that causes a complete city wide turf war about who are the OG marauders, and who should be in charge. Actual heroes have to deal with city wide chaos caused by three teenagers who were k.i.a'd 6 months into their career.

That escalated quickly

Seems like you have this thought out, why don't you write it, or if you can draw, make it a webcomic?

Thats sick dude

Guy named Roland Sharpe is a biology teacher, single father and constantly lives in the shadow of his super accomplished research scientist father. He participates in a local fight club to vent his frustrations but he's incredibly mediocre. When his dad dies unexpectedly, he's willed a box of research notes and a vial of blue liquid that he's told to drink "as a precaution." The liquid seems to do nothing but, during a fight club, his eyes start to glow blue and his opponents' movements slow to a crawl, allowing him to effortlessly defeat them. He ends up winning that day's tournament and it riding good vibes until he's suddenly knocked out. He awakens in an arean with a dozen other confused people. Looking closer, he can see that the arena is surrounded by cages that hold a single person and one of them is holding his daughter. Everyone starts to panic when they're introduced to their kidnapper and the organizer of the various fight clubs they're all members of. Mr. X.

The working title is Reflex.

Make a black lesbian Nazi Chick with a penis, Marvel can't bitch about it because it's diverse

also have Bendis write it.

A luchador fan character that finds a set of luchador clothes that used to belong to one of the greatest luchadors whom ever lived and rumor has it that the clothes were made by ancient magic and have all sorts of magic abilities but those abilites are based on what your wrestling style is, your gimmick, and if you are a face or heel.

but the base abilites would be.
-The boots would allow you to jump really high and scale walls with little to no effort, you cant cling to walls like spiderman but you can run up them.

-the gloves would grant above average strength, and give the wearer a super grappling ability

-the mask would grant eagle vision, it would change your voice to make it sound more "wrestler'y" and you can cut promos or taunt on your enemies to make them weaker.

Throw some legitimate Mexican mythology into it and it could be solid.

Superhero team based on different genre ideas. All street level.

Black dude, leader. Based on the concept of superheroes. Can do most anything, sort of like a real low powered version of Superman. Same positive outloo, but his lack of strength leaves him without the necessary hope. He struggles to save a few people, let alone everyone.

White girl, based on pulp and sci-fi comics. Is a space adventurer from another universe where everything is permanently 1950's. Costume begins with real old school space-suit design, slowly updates to follow sci-fi design trends as the series continues.

Asian girl. Black and white noir detective, with elements of newspaper comics like Modesty Blaize and the Phantom. Is actually done entirely in black and white, no colour, no greyscale. Can step through shadows. Does internal monologue in old school detective style. Bickers with space girl.

White guy. Again superhero comics, but very specifically magic. Marvel magic is usually more about skill than any personal level of power. This guy is a uni drop-out with a great deal of power and just no actual knowledge or training

White girl. Tall, thin, bad posture makes her look less abnormally tall than she is. Complete weeaboo, dresses in a kimono and fights with a katana. Doesn't appear to have any powers. Shows no emotion outside of eyebrow movements.

I even have fucking story arcs for this shit. I get bored at work when it's quiet.

Does the Asian girl turn everything around her black and white, or does she alone look black and white while everyone else remains colored?

Seriously, some ideas in this thread should get written or turn into webcomics or some shit

The Woodpecker

Former professional athlete, based out of Los Angeles, retires following a successful sporting career. During a routine physical it is discovered his supreme athletic ability is due to the fact he is, in fact, the next step in human evolution. He decides to go into crime fighting after none of the 2 bit marvel characters never helped the west coast.

Long story short he cleans up the streets but tells the avengers to fuck off for being such new york city cock suckers.

Only her and things directly in contact with her, like her clothes and revolver. If she was holding your hand, your hand might go black and white until she lets go.

I would consider it but a lot of the story ideas I had would only work in the Marvel comic universe.

>due to the fact he is, in fact, the next step in human evolution
I thought that was mutants.

>but tells the avengers to fuck off for being such new york city cock suckers
Good on him

I like a lot of them too, but sadly webcomics have been dime a dozen ever since the early 2000s, and not everyone has the writing talent to pull it off.

I submitted one of them there, but the issue is that I'm not a good writer. Don't have the discipline, and my inspiration dies not long after I start writing. Wouldn't mind selling the idea, but hardly anyone takes unsolicited ideas for legal reasons...

Mutants are whatever the fucking authors want them to be. Some times they're just an ancient genetic experience gone wrong, other times they're the next step in human evolution, still other times they're weird twists of cosmic fate.

Filipino version of Nightwing.

I just bring the JoJo-verse to MAHVEL. Imagine how cool having stands would be there.

We had Grasshopper. Too bad his gimmick was dying instead of properly satirizing it's source material.

Guy who wrote this here: I'm tempted to write this myself, but I don't have much writing experience, so I'm a bit worried it would turn out bad or awkwardly written.

fine but I refuse to make the character mexican or latino in general. I would rather go with something like a japanese or UK(either british or irish guy) just make him a mexican culture weeaboo. and he speaks in broken spanish all the time while wearing the costume