Arantino pitched an idea for a new Star Trek film to Star Trek reboot director and producer J.J. Abrams...

>arantino pitched an idea for a new Star Trek film to Star Trek reboot director and producer J.J. Abrams, and the idea was such a hit that Paramount is going to assemble a writer’s room to hash-out Tarantino’s idea. Deadline says that if the idea works out, Tarantino might direct the film himself, with Abrams producing.

slashfilm.com/quentin-tarantino-star-trek-movie/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=464&v=rzNnfKT6IrM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looking forward to the scene where some Romulan calls Uhura a nigger.

Kek

Rosario Dawson as Uhura

We need more feetkino.

He won't end up directing it. He's a writer, did he end up directing Natural Born Killers or True Romance just because the screenplay got the OK? no. He's said this countless of times,when he's done directing his tenth movie he'll stick to writing screenplays and novels.

Would it be in the Abrams universe? STCU (Star Trek Cinematic Universe) incoming

Please no more long drawn out monologues by the German guy, no Star Fleet Admiral talky German guy PLEASE Tarantino!

so, it will be entertaining, but it will be garbage

>Tarantino might direct the film himself, with Abrams producing
We're getting two hacks instead of just one?

>quentin we've spent 6 hours getting this shot right
>you've gone to the bathroom 12 times already

>"Welcome, Captain Kirk."
>"Uhhh.... yeah, thanks for... this."
>"Please, Captain - what is that planet right there?"
>"Jupiter."
>"Jupiter is primarily composed of hydrogen with a quarter of its mass being helium, though helium comprises only about a tenth of the number of molecules. It may also have a rocky core of heavier elements, but like the other giant planets, Jupiter lacks a well-defined solid surface. Because of its rapid rotation, the planet's shape is that of an oblate spheroid (it has a slight but noticeable bulge around the equator). The outer atmosphere is visibly segregated into several bands at different latitudes, resulting in turbulence and storms along their interacting boundaries. A prominent result is the Great Red Spot, a giant storm that is known to have existed since at least the 17th century when it was first seen by telescope. Surrounding Jupiter is a faint planetary ring system and a powerful magnetosphere. Jupiter has at least 69 moons, including the four large Galilean moons discovered by Galileo Galilei in 1610. Ganymede, the largest of these, has a diameter greater than that of the planet Mercury."
>"..."
>"We have taken your ship, Captain."

Did you notice a sign out in front of my ship that said "Dead Klingon Storage"?

>bodypaint “alien” waifu feet

muh dick

I remember he did an interview not too long ago where he pitched the idea for a movie based on the TNG episode involving the Enterprise C. It souned solid.

This actually has me excited for some new Trek.

It will be about the starship DIVERSITY, and how their crew and black transsexual crippled captain hunt down the last white couple in the universe. Or some similar bullshit.

How does it feel to be such a waste of life?

Maybe start trek won't be boring as shit for once

I really can't imagine shit getting worse than JJTrek, at least Tarantino tries to make good movies even if it's pretentious and overly saturated with dialogue. I'd prefer a pretentious Trek over 'SPLOSIONS LENSFLARE WHAT IS CONTINUITY any fucking day.

So, who is christoph waltz gonna play?

pot meet kettle

Space Lincoln

If they bring Jaylah back, I'm fine with whatever shit they come up.

pls kill yourself

>I really can't imagine shit getting worse than JJTrek
I guess you haven't seen STD.

"Hey Scotty, lemme ask y-...when you beam people up, how do you get their clothes?"

"How do I get their...?"

"Their clothes, you know? Like the clothes aren't biomatter, how do you get those and not like the dirt under their feet and stuff"

"Well there's some dirt..."

"Ok, alright, ok. I concede that there's some dirt. But you know, like...how do you get the air in their lungs and all the-the non-life stuff around them? How do you account for what to get and what not to get? How come people don't just show up in bras, panties, thongs, jockstraps and cockrings?"

"Well...it's a good question, I never thought about it..."

"Y-you never thought about it!?"

"I never thought about it"

"What the fuck do you mean you never thought about it!"

"I didn't think about it! Look it does what it does and it worked so I never really thought it needed fixing! Why the fuck would I fix what doesn't need fixing!"

"But that knowledge is important, don't you think!?"

"Look, Kirk. I knew this guy at the academy. 22 years old. Vargo Vendetta was his name. People used to call him Vegan Vargo"

"He was a vegan?"

"Fucked a vegan once, I think. But who knows? Probably started the rumour himself. Anyway, so Vargo was into upper dimensional astrophysics, the experimental shit, you know? LOVED it. Like we understand 5th dimensional tears because of black holes but he was talking on and on about how we could go higher, you know?"

"Like time travel?"

"Like who the fuck knows. He was high as a fucking nun on absinthe on the sabbath. Anyway, he starts asking questions in class, getting persistent. Not too much to get kicked out but annoying, you know? Just always asking 'how come we can't tear a blackhole in a blackhole?' and stupid shit like that.

>1/2

"That's a good question"

"That's a stupid fucking question because the asshole went and did it on his first space observational platform. Lord knows how he got in but the stupid fucker tried to turn a transdimensional radiation observational beam to high capacity to tear through the closest black hole, and I don't need to tell you what happened"

"...what happened?"

"What do you mean what happened! He tore the fucking ship apart!"

"Oh right"

"Asshole tried to magnify the already overloaded radiation collection amplifier which created its own beam in space! Imagine a surgical laser performing a c-section on a woman pregnant with an atom bomb"

"Jesus"

"Yeah"

"How would she have gotten pregnant with an atom b...?"

"You're missing the fucking point!"

"What's the point?"

"The point is because of one curious pussy, 138 cats got killed. The point is if something doesn't need fucking with, then you don't fuck with it!"

"Right"

"..."

"Well I better get upstairs"

"Yeah. Hey Kirk!"

"Yeah"

"Don't tell anyone about that Vargo shit"

"What? Why not?"

"I just...I don't know where that vegan rumour started from and I'm afraid I might of started it and I don't want to like...just, don't mention it"

"I won't mention it"

"Ok"

"Ok"

Movie runtime: 3h 49min

>2/2

and shot on 70mm

Maybe Star Trek is his tenth movie, I'm sure he would like his last film to be a love letter to a tv show he loves, while also tackling a genre he's never done before. Also he said the retirement after the tenth film is not definitive and migh come back later down the line.

Like Star Trek, I see nothing wrong with that.

Chekov.

>dead klingon storage

nu Kirk meets Admiral Picard and his crew, maybe old Kirk too, maybe Chekhov.

And if he directs you can bet it will have great practical special effects since he doesn't do CGI, Is Trumbull still alive?

Did Tarantino say he wanted to a movie version of TNG's "Yesterday's Enterprise"?

I'd unironically love this

>by all means captain

I really like this guys scene

I would watch this.

>''Getting blacked is logical, Captain'' -Spock
What did Tarantino mean by this?

Youd like that wouldnt you nigger

Can anyone explain why is JJ involved? Is bad robot now a part of ST production team, for some reason? Hasn't he done enough?

Jesus.

>"you are sheltering enemies of the romulan empire are you not?"
>"point out which star system they are on"

Bad Robot is part of Paramount's ST production team. JJ is in everything. He's probably in your mum right now.

>"now if I take this here hammer and bash your brains in Spock, you will have the same 3 dimples"

Would Trekentino be worth it if we got Christoph Waltz as the villain?

When you warped up on this Warbird, did you receive a hail transmitting "Dead Cardassian storage?" No?

fuck no. i don't want to see that walking meme again

IS THERE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY SHIP THAT SAYS "DEAD KLINGON STORAGE"?!?

I like him, but he is directed poorly with Tarantino. Tarantino tells him to just chew the scenery, and he enjoys doing that clearly, but when he manages to get directed to be discreet he can add some depth to a role.

First one was not bad...second was boring af.

>pitched
Star Trek as a Spaghetti Western

>>The point is because of one curious pussy, 138 cats got killed.

Hilariously on point, we need a rated R Trek and we need it NOW.

It will be about those half black and white dudes who ended up destroying their world.

I see where you are going with this, but what about the black dingus?

>NOW WHATS IT GONNA BE CAPTAIN?!?
>WHATS IT GONNA BE?!
>SOLD TO THE MAN WITH THE EXCEPTIONAL HAIR AND HIS UNEXEPTIONAL VULCAN

someone post it

Been done

Here he is talking about TOS and the JJ movies, he also talks about one his all-time favorite eps. It's from TNG.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=464&v=rzNnfKT6IrM

Red Dwarf > Star Trek

That goes without saying, honestly

Tarantino should just direct the movie-version of John Scalzi's Redshirts book

Tarantino talked about doing this a while ago. He just wants it to be a big budget episode of the show and not an action/adventure movie so I'm excited about that part at least. Hopefully they keep the budget down and just give us a science fiction movie.

He's been wanting to do a sci-fi film for a while now. Tarantino almost directed the Green Lantern movie with Ryan Reynolds. I have no idea if he can make it work though. His movies are usually very dialogue driven and he's never done anything with a lot of CG like you'd need for a Trek movie.

If he styled the movie after certain TNG episodes then his dialog driven style to film making could be one of the greatest assets for the movie

There was a rumor that Hemsworth would be back as George Kirk. So maybe the story would revolve around the USS Kelvin jumping forward jn time and meeting the USS Enterprise (Pine & co). Could be a very interesting film.

UNO

Hellow Reddit.