Why did Galadriel indulge in Gimli's creepy, beta, stalker-ish request?

Why did Galadriel indulge in Gimli's creepy, beta, stalker-ish request?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IoyToHOWSV8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Asked for one pube.

Received three.

Based Gimli.

because he didn't look like you

>gimli
>beta
i dont think we watched the same movie

Her hair had some kind of magical properties iirc

Something to do with the silmarils

>be Galadriel
>leaving this world soon
>can only take so much
>and theirs only so much left
>the fellowship all want gifts
>gimili is the easiest and only wants a hair from me

BDC

Because she's not a stuck up bitch.

There's an actual lore reason. Some smug elf chad bugged Galadriel about giving him a hair from her purty head, because it shone like the Silmarils and she told him to fuck off. Gimli, sworn enemy of the elves but a short time before, does the same but with humility and grace. So galadriel gives him 3 because that's the integrity move.

>c-can i sniff your hair, m'lady
If that's not prime soyboy behaviour I don't know what is.

Shut the fuck up you retard.

OMIGOD I CANT HANDLE SEEING THIS SHITTY PICTURE ANYMORE OMG HE GOT 3 FUCKING HAIRS OMG ARGH

That was Fëanor for fuck's sake.

Go play in traffic.

Makes me want to give the books a try

I want to see Mommy Cate reaching under her gown to take it..

This, it's actually a great little scene.

what if they're ass hairs haha

Elves and Dwarves are enemies.

The gift represents friendship between the two races.

Feanor, one of the fucks responsible for the entire mess, asked Gladriel for a hair three times, and was refused three times.
So he deiced that if he can't have a bit of one of the most beautiful things he's ever seen, he'll just make something better.
So he made three gems, the Silmarills, and somehow trapped a bit of the light of the two trees that were illuminating the world.

Melkor, who had fucked everything over a few times before but was out on parole, couldn't stand seeing something that wasn't his, like the nigger he was.
So he stole the Silmarills, killed the King of the Noldor(also being the fist murder in the world), and had a horrible spider shaped thing from beyond creation suck the life from the two trees.

Gladriel learned some humility from the whole debacle, so she gave Gimli three hairs when all he asked for was one.

Delete this, Galadriel is pure and not for sexualization

>I know what is you saw

She was talking about her fappening leaks, right?

holy shit thats good

It shone like the light of the Trees. He made the silmarils because she wouldn't give him hair.

I asked for one pube

and she gave me three

> mom i posted it again

Now go read the book, and listen to the album inspired by it.
Here's a taste.
youtube.com/watch?v=IoyToHOWSV8

This tbqh. It's one of the best pieces of characterization in fiction.

no wonder he is a virgin

>Feanor
Wasn't Galadriel his niece or something

Granddaughter of his Half-brother.

He can't even look her in the eyes. What a beta faggot just like me.

SeeWhat makes it great is that she's the only surviving member of that family left in Middle Earth, and the only surviving Noldor who experienced all the major events of the mythos. From the trees, to the kinslaying, to the exodus, to fighting against Morgoth, to the War of Wrath, to the fall of Numenor, to the War of the Last Alliance, to the War of the Ring. Her being kawaii to Gimli was a redemption arc tens of thousands of years in the making and a parting gift to someone from Middle Earth, which suffered terribly in part due to her actions.

>super deep meaning written after the lotr books were written
I think tolkien realized how fucking weird after someone question him about it so he corrected it.

The Simlarillion was mostly written before LOTR, even if it was published after.
Read the trilogy again, it's dripping with too many references to the Silmarillion for it all to be retroactive.

You're doing yourself a disfavor by not reading them.

smug elf chad summarizes feanor pretty accurately

> summarizes feanor pretty accurately
No, Feanor was spacial in many ways.

>tfw tried to read the silmarilion several times but the parts where tolkien describes the family tree of every fucking noldor who ever lived who all have similiar sounding names makes me put it down

>THE FAAAATE OF US AAAAAAAAALLLLLL, LIES DEEEEEP IN THE DAAAARRRRK

>WHEN TIME STAAAAAANDS STILL IN THE IIIIIIROOOOON HIIIIIILLLLSSSS

>muh oath mutha fucka

Well I laughed

>i liek reedin hisdori buks
>i um so smurt n deap

Then get an audiobook version.
You'll still have to get through that part, but at least you can just coast through to the good bits.

K I N O
I've seen blind guardian twice so far. So good.

BECAUSE SHE IS A FUCKING WHORE !!!!!

I want to fuck an elf

>tfw this pic is from osrs subreddit

do you think the G-man ever jacked it with the hairs wrapped around it hand?

whats the rundown on feanor?

Nah, but he might have cranked one out while looking at them after he got them incased in crystal or whatever he said he'd do.

his gems got stolen by satan so he fucking gathers all his elf kin to go kick satans ass
a bunch of kinslaying ensues cause hes kind of a dick

They're ass hairs in the book; Galadriel took a bundle of anus hairs and they're held together by her poop - she forgot to wipe that day

If one thing summarizes Fëanor, it's being mad as fuck.
The guy could be a primarch to the angry marines.

>first son of the High King of the Noldor
>was so fucking intense that he almost sucked all the life out of his mother when she gave birth to him
>this left her so drained that her husband asked if he could re-marry
>he grows up, does elf shit
>Melkor pulls his shit, read above
>He's King of the Noldor now
>the gods ask him if they can crack open his Silmarills to try to revive the trees
>he tells them to go fuck themselves
>swears an oath to Eru, the capital G God, that the Noldor will not rest until his silmarills are rescued and Melkor, whom he names Morgoth to justice
>this is not something to take lightly
>he takes everyone willing to follow him to the shores, where some other elves built boats
>they won't let him take their masterpieces to the other side of the world
>he slaughters them and takes the boats
>reaches the continent that was connected to what you know as Middle Earth
>burns the ships so there's no going back

The next part I'm hazy about, but he died fighting like, five Balrogs, has his sons swear another oath, and bursts into flames.

Asking women for their hair as a keepsake or good luck token was surprisingly common back in the day. It was common enough that Tolkein's generation would have understood Gimli's request to be charming rather than weird.

He sounds like a huge faggot

Why did the movies disrepsect Gibli so much? He won the bet with Legoset in the book.

John Rhys Davies was one of the better actors in the cast, so he had to carry Orlando Bloom by being the comedy relief character that made Bloom look charismatic. If they had been portrayed as equals then Bloom wouldn't have looked as good, and the comedic relief burden would have fallen entirely on the mediocre hobbit actors who couldn't really pull all that weight on their own.

where does Gimli keep the hairs?

t. Feanor

what exactly did Gimli do besides be in the fellowship to be the one dwarf to go to Valinor

also why didnt the lazy elves even bother fleeing middle earth instead of fighting, they literally just get resurrected in Valinor. They could have dodged the Grey Havens boat tax easy that way

what was the reason for her going to middle earth to begin with? I take it she didn't like Feanor so why did she go along with his cause?

what happens to an elf immediately after they die? do they show up in a queue like Dragon Ball?

They chill inside the balls of mandos waiting for dagor dagorath

>what exactly did Gimli do besides be in the fellowship to be the one dwarf to go to Valinor
>part of a group of the toppest tier fighters of every race who's mission is defeating satan and saving the entire known world
yeah gimli ain't shit

It shows she's a stuck up bitch. She's not giving it to Gimli for his own sake, she's giving it to him to make a point to a long dead Chad. He basically might as well not even be there, she's just Chad-signalling.

>forgot

this, well spotted.

cringe

you also got some serious shit taste. fucking disgusting. i bet you still play video games. *spits in your face*

Nerd here. This is actually a really cute scene, in terms of Tolkien's world. I think he explains it a bit better in the book. Dwarf women are barely distinguishable from dwarf men in his society, so I don't think he's attracted to her. But the fact that a proud dwarf, who is rough and weathered from working the earth and fighting, can think of nothing more comforting or beautiful than a single lock off this basically demi-godesses head, when she could grant him any number of other priceless tools like she did to the other Fellowship, is quite a big statement about Gimli's character. Gimli, who has been untrusting and even scornful of elves (at this point, not even him and Legolas have got their bromance fully in swing) since the start, who has done nothing but brag on his race, is smitten with this elf lady.

Dwarves are basically Tolkien's jews. They're very greedy, and self-centered. For Gimli to show the respect and admiration of Galadriel, and to not greedily demand some like super axe that they use to chop those massive trees or something makes this not creepy, but pretty cute and even touching. It would be like if a French woman saved a jew from Nazi France, offered him anything at her disposal, and rather than demand shekels, he simply requests a lock of her hair before going off on an actual suicide mission to save his people.

Honestly, I still have a deep appreciation for the books as I remember them. I was deeply into the lore

But you can honestly get more pithy and worthwhile stuff elsewhere. It's fine for a teenager, but it's still the highest of high fantasy, which is mainly for manchildren.

>Dwarves are basically Tolkien's jews
>dude any fictional race that like money are literally jews lmao
fuck off with this shit
every FUCKING time

>pretending this hard it's not a valid comparison

Most of them do flee. It tells you in the book (dunno about the movie) that like 75% of the elves still on middle earth died in Helm's deep.

Maybe another user can correct me, but you die in Middle Earth, you're dead for good. There's no resurrection, only the promise of nearly unending life if you make it back (provided nobody kills you there, either)

Retard

""The dwarves of course are quite obviously - wouldn't you say that in many ways they remind you of the Jews? Their words are Semitic obviously, constructed to be Semitic.""
― J.R.R. Tolkien[5]

T. Burger brainlet

Elves are hairless... except for their head.

Right, in their goldmongering and their secrecy and shortness and constant quest for a homeland. But the fact is that Fantasy Dwarves are Norse inspired and almost all angry beer swilling Scots with medieval tech, so they're not really jews. In fact they're about as far away from the Shylock/Untermensch/Woody Allen jew stereotypes as you could imagine.

So just saying dwarves = jews is reductive and incorrect, regardless of that Tolkien quote.

In this instance, it's absolutely correct though. Even their language, as constructed by Tolkien, was heavily inspired by Hebrew.

Meh that was just pandering to the idiot OP. I mean, I'm not saying I can prove that Tolkien intended them to be jewish archetypes or something.

But if you really don't think J.R.R. Tolkien, a man born in the 19th century wasn't at least a tiny bit antisemitic, and that dwarves might not have some subconscious characterizations based on his views of semites, then you're really pulling the wool over your eyes.

Think about it:
>Jews aren't allowed to shave, dwarves proud of their beards
>Dwarves are short, and Jews are stereotyped as short, hairy people much like dwarves
>Dwarves spend much of their time with artifice and jewelry. Jews were often jewelers and watchmakers, stereotyped as fond of wealth. Dwarves are shown creating massive hoards of wealth, and valuing it nearly above life itself.
>Jewish people are very insular. So are dwarves. Literally an entire fucking city of them disappeared, and nobody (Gandalf just suspected, but had no proof) even fucking knew, not even another dwarf who had been absent there several decades.

I don't think Tolkien was an anti-semite, at all. Dwarves are shown fairly favorably compared to men, and although they have flaws, almost every dwarf in Tolkien's universe is heroic in some way.

> norse inspired.
That's Rohan.

Also you are correcting the creator of the intellectual property.

I remember watching the behind the scenes for the movie and for Galadriel, they used christmas lights to make it look like it reflected the stars
how ingenious was that? all these small details had such great impact as a whole

Tolkien's dwarves are a HUGE leap from folk dwarves

folk dwarves are like Finnish gnomes. Like, Snow White dwarves. Do you see any resemblance other than stature, beards, and mining between Tolkien's and the 7 dwarves (closest contemporary example of dwarves at the time imo)

Gtfo the author himself says they're jew-inspired

No, Norse mythology literally has goldsmithing, mountain dwelling fantasy dwarves who contest over their magical creations with other beings.

Also
>correcting author
No, I'm contextualising his quote. Your reading of that quote as some kind of absolute attribution of all dwarvish qualities to kikery when that's clearly FAR from being the case is a far more egregious distortion of the author's intent.

Aren't elves, in that same mythology, very similar to dwarves? Like, basically little spritely things that play tricks and steal but also mend your shoes and shit? How did they go from that to like 6 foot tall dudes that are deadly warriors? Maybe because your parallel is fucking stupid?

It's just like complaining that Hollywood's Frankenstein is nothing like Shelley's monster. Like, the work of fiction has undergone a permutation over centuries, and was reappropriated to tell a different story in a different world than german folklore. get over it you sperg

Norse dwarves were mountain dwelling and were master craftsmen and even were involved in a story where they tried go back on their word and keep a gift they had made for one of their patrons (in this case an Asgardian) - just like in the story of Thingol and the dwarves.

Likewise the dwarves in the ring cycle got into a blood feud over a magic ring, and one of them became a fucking dragon who slept on a hoard of gold.

They had kingdoms and fought other races and in general were Tolkien-like, instead of sprite-like. So no you don't know anything. And I've already covered why the Tolkien jew quote only elludes to a limited part of the dwarf context.

>"tolkien cant take one thing from Norse and not also take another thing!"
durrr

Also, no elves are not similar to dwarves in norse mythology. And no, dwarves are not 'spritey things' in norse mythology either. You're clearly nigger level at this and the logic of your arguments is piss poor.

And don't give me the 'adaptations change' wishy washy nonsense - tolkienic dwarves are clearly very closely parralleled with norse dwarves, of which tolkien was very keenly aware. In this case the 'reappropriation' didn't change very much at all. Him talking about jew simply related to their context of constantly being ejected from and seeking a homeland, as well as their culture of secrecy and the script he designed for them.

>all that backpedaling and mental gymnastics not to have to admit he's been completely btfo by the fucking author himself

LMAO

Mmmm that smooth clean fresh heavenly pure Galadriel pussy and armpits..mmmmm

>what exactly did Gimli do besides be in the fellowship

mate, I'm not
I'm just helping him to articulate his point, which is that nigger-level intellects who catch on to one meme thing about tolkien such as 'dwarves = jooz' or 'wwii allegory' or whatever are retards with no basic grasp of the text.

fuck off retard.

You can spin it any way you want, it won't change the fact that Tolkien meant to portray the dwarves as the Jews of his universe, from their creation by the hands of Aulë simulating the Binding of Isaac down to everything listed.

Tolkien's dwarves are much more like Jews with a Norse veneer than the other way around you're trying make it look.

no. faenor lusted after galadriel and staring at her and seeing sun through her golden hair gave him idea for silmarils (or something like that). galadriel hair did nothing more magical then give faenor a boner.

no rohan is very obviously saxon germanics

>being such a fucking hothead that you burst into flames when you die

Wrong, so wrong. There wasn't even any elves at Helms Deep in the book. And Elves do in fact resurrect in Valinor after a period of time spent in the Halls of Mandos. Resurrection time is kinda dependent on your actions in life IIRC.

All the things that other user listed apart from the beards were NORSE DWARF TRAITS ALREADY, and much more intrinsic to them than the tenuous links that user made to the jews.

Also, "jews can't shave, so dwarves are proud of their beards" lol wtf.

Its Norse Dwarves with a history resembling that of the jews. Not jews with some norse elements. Jesus you cucks are out of control.

he almost certainly crafted a needle from mithril that he could use to run the hairs down his urethra. Its been a while since I studied tolkien seriously, but I'm almost certain.

Legolas made a face like he knew the whole story. I love it. The elf who she refused was Feanor, who was actually one of the most badass warriors of all time. He died fighting Gothmog, king of Balrogs. He was proud and arrogant like Vegeta.