WHY THE FUCK WAS THIS SMUG CUNT SMILING WHEN SHIREEN GOT BURNED

WHY THE FUCK WAS THIS SMUG CUNT SMILING WHEN SHIREEN GOT BURNED

Other urls found in this thread:

weirwoodleviathan.wordpress.com/essays/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because she read the Book and knew nothing like this would ever happen in it

I haven't watched since season 4, spoonfeed me a quick rundown.

Means to an end
Also fucking gross stoneface getting purified by fire

>hot mature
>hates kids
Waifu material

#JusticeForShireen

Post here what sort of fate Melisandre deserves for this vile act of cruelty

R'hllor wanted Shireen
and so does muh dick[/spoilers]

Well she is (or was?) a fanatic. Shireen is just means to an end. She burned people on the daily in Dragonstone, she's one of the most evil characters on this show when you think about it.

you could at least pretend you're doing the right thing though, what's with the evil grin?

>save me, user!

someone post the stannis calculations to burn his daughter webm

Her whole mission was to ruin stannis. Shireen sealed the deal.

sounds plausible

Post more sexy kerrys

Nah, her mission is to bring Aziz Anzari. She doesnt care about Stannis or his daughter.

>most evil
Nah. The amount of people she killed is small-scale. She just did it for religious reasons, so she appears more fucked up.

The massive international unrest caused by Dany, or the various Lannister dictators, are all far worse.

She needed to get rid of Stannis (rightful contender for the throne, skilled general, strong will, big army) in order to secure Aziz's glorious coming

Levels of evil aren't dictated by scale of body count though- a nation that successfully defends itself against an invasion and attains a higher body count against the aggressor is not inherently evil as a result. Motivation and intent are the important qualifiers.

Daenarys' wars reaped bloody tolls, but the intent was not to kill non-combatants/aggressors. On the other hand Mellisandre' specific intent was to follow any command she recieved from "the lord of light", regardless of its morality. If it told her to set a million toddlers on fire in a day we have no reason to assume that she wouldnt immediately put her all into carrying out that order.

Per something like DnD's morality system, she easily fits the bill of neutral evil. Shes basically a dark cultist.

The better question is why did Stannis, who's by all accounts an honorable man, as well as a realist, and who was shown to love his daughter, allow it to happen while his psychotic wife, who was shown to be a true believer and resent her daughter, tried to make a last minute redemptive save?

Melisandre's morality is defined by the lord of light. From an outside perspective, her actions are still fucked up, but she at least believes she's doing the right thing. In that sense, her intent and motivation is to bring about goodness. A lot of religious missionaries act in that way, where they feel they're doing something just, when they're causing a lot of pain and suffering.

Most other characters (like Dany), don't really answer to any sort of law or protocol. They act on emotional whims, even if they know it's wrong, and get people killed over it. Dany had the elite caste in one of her conquered cities crucified, because they kept slaves.

NE in D&D is more selfish. Melisandre is Lawful Neutral, she follows her faith absolutely.

Because she was desperately trying to convince herself that she's doing the right thing.

JFC. What have you done to me Sup Forums?

D&D literally said this was a GRRM spoiler

hello newshit

Did she burned people on daily basis? I thought only a few people were burned? And Stannis was totally okay with some of his people being burned?

Then in that case, Davos should kill/burn Melisandre for treason/sabotage.

"Your grace, she is the mother of demons, she is gonna destroy US all!!"
-Ser Davos "Onion Knight" Seaworth

You'd smile too if you were standing around in the cold as shit north and finally got a damn fire going.

Don't you worry, based /ourguy/ Jaqen will kill Melisandre.

>Stannis
>honourable

Is this a joke? Stannis is pragmatic and tries to be dutiful as much as possible, but he's far from being honourable.

If Ned & Tywin joined the Night's Watch.

AAAAGGGHHH

she did the right thing by burning the kuffar, melly is love melly is life

>The better question is why did Stannis, who's by all accounts an honorable man, as well as a realist, and who was shown to love his daughter, allow it to happen while his psychotic wife, who was shown to be a true believer and resent her daughter, tried to make a last minute redemptive save?

it's called dramatic irony, faggot.
writing 101

(I hate this scene though, I'm just bustin your balls a bit)

reminder the others aren't evil and it has been mankind pushing for war against them and so their hand has been forced but we think it's the others returning and waging war on man because we look through the lens of 'winter is coming'.
bloodraven has been pulling the strings with the intention of having mankind go to war with the others so he can create a leviathan forcing the realm to put away their pride, civil wars etc and uniting under a sole cause to then be ruled by a new absolute dragon wielding monarchy.
the others returned because ned brought jon north and the situation is akin to the cuban missile crisis. they don't want dragons blood that close to them, because the obvious being dragons blood = dragon rider thus very bad for the others so they've now turned to stark hunting. they will only go to war with man only if they're absolutely forced into doing so.
in the prologue they target royce because they think him to be a stark, they set a trap of bodies that froze to death during warm weather in hopes of baiting to the rangers to get to royce. they're cautious because they're wary it could be jon. they target mormont to weaken the watch and bait the rangers into going beyond the wall. they have the ability to kill all the wildlings given they wander into the camps at night and kill enough wildlings to scare them and shephard them south because wildling invasions in the past have led to dead starks. excluding baels invasion because he refused to kin slay etc
the children of the forest have a stake in this war as they can gain a voice in this new monarchy which is the only way they will be able to survive. the iron throne will be abandoned and a weirwood throne will take its place which will give the children an influence in the affairs of men.

reminder jon will live as a ghost inside ghost for the rest of the story. stoneheart will give jon the kiss of life but bran will animate and live out the rest of jons life for him.
the voice varys heard in the flames was 'burn them all' and bran will use varys, either warging or activating him like a sleeper agent to pour wildfyre everywhere beneath the city etc. bran will be the person to burn kingslanding to the ground to prevent the night king for replenishing his army.

>buying into their lies to deflect their awful off book plot

Well I have an interesting theory about the next book, with not having a chapter with Jon as POV but someone close to him, observing that Jon was more distant and ruthless since his resurrection but we wouldn't mind since we know it's quite commone and then the last chapter would be with Ghost as POV knowing that Jon is still inside the wolf so the question would be what's inside Jon.

Pity show didn't go in any of those directions.

And if Jon didn't get someone to disguise themselves as him using Mel's necklace then I think Theon is going to somehow wind up posing as him since the Night's Watch will be too paranoid and insane over Jon's mutiny and will just allow it to happen to ease their guilt. If not then Mel saved Jon and when Arya gets to the wall finally Jon is going to offer her to Mel to use in a ritual as thanks for her life debt to him.

you should read these pages. it's insane but awesome and his predictions have all been pretty much accurate.

weirwoodleviathan.wordpress.com/essays/

but yea after reading all the theories out there and stuff I'm surprised I got to read something that was refreshing. but yea you need to read these.

>theories about the show
>the show
>implying D&D are geniuses
>waisting my time
Yeah no

Ps: some of them are okay

the majority are book theories

Oh shit my bad user, I read them to quickly. Sorry my apologize, I gonna read them again.

tiddies

Jaqen's chin is fat. Double chin, he's eating too many Big Macs.