ITT: We Defend the Prequels

I'll start:
>Excellent visual and sound design.
>Story deepened the lore and turned SW into a proper galaxy-scale fictional universe with a functioning history, factions, lay-out and many more locations.
>Chosen One story unified the two trilogies, whilst allowing for expansion on the central characters of Anakin, Sheev and Obi Wan
>based Ian McDiarmid
>Each film's plot add huge elements to to the overall story, not a bunch of re-hash and time wasting

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2tLf1JO5bvE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No shitskins.

please return to reddit where you belong

IS IT POSSIBLE TO LEARN THIS POWER

Correction:

HUuuge amount of shitskins, but they weren't the main character and they weren't fucking marrying skywalkers and shit. Mace was the closest thing to a nigger protag and he got soundly btfo in the only movie where he had any real dialogue. Also his being an asshole to Anakin clearly fucked things up for the Jedi.

>niggerlover
>thinks someone else doesn't belong here
Ummmm

>can't even tell a nigger from a nigger lover
white boys are dense, no wonder thots like the bbc so much

>Propaganda tier racism

At least they're original

podrace was pretty cool

We talk about this over on /swco/ all the time.
The Prequils set up a really interesting universe, music on par with the OT and much better than the ST, popular actors, original designs, and so much more but then populated it with boring characters with bad dialogue and strung it all together with bad writing.
Lucas is an idea guy, but he's bad at the small details and is bad at directing actors.

>visual
no, god no

Mate, did you just say that people love blacks for being smarter than whites?

Your race is literally mentally handicapped, though.

Everything Naboo. Fucking beautiful

>based Ian McDiarmid
I don't know about that

>he's still replying

>Defending niggers on a cantonese knitting forum while posting images of sonic labeled smug 2

Literal comfy

I agree with most of this. Misspelled 'prequels' though.

'Bad dialogue' and 'bad writing' are kinda the same thing, especially if you concede that the plots and world building are good, which they are.

I don't think that all the characters are flat, or even that they were written flat. In fact think of the Neimoideans, or Watto or even Jar Jar and its pretty clear that Lucas could write non-bland characters. They were almost all acted blandly, that's true. But the famous case of Hayden Christensen I consider to be an edge case of questionable acting/convincingly acted psychopathy.

Likewise the Jedi come off bland because they are to the light side what Sheev is to the dark side - ie slaves to a controlling telepathic force beyond human comprehension.

But the bones of good prequel appreciation are there. Maybe I should hit up this /swco/ sometime.

The N1 is beautiful, but these movies are terrible.

kino
youtube.com/watch?v=2tLf1JO5bvE

several solid reasons to like the prequels. Not even being sarcastic.

>ywn cut off Natalie Portman's head and rape the hole

Why live?

what side the head or the body?

>patrician question

Woah I never even would have thought of the head

>nitpicking this hard

but thats the best side

>plots
>good
In a very loose sense. Everything about the Chosen One plotline is hackneyed and unnecessary, though, and various story details are weird and clumsy.

The prequels only did one thing right: Lore / world building. Almost everything else was complete dogshit, from the hamfisted wooden acting, to the choice of actors, to the awful dialogue and writing. The only good thing about the Prequels is that we got to see a Galaxy mostly at peace, and learn more about how life was before the Empire, and got to see a wide range of different planets and different aliens / cultures and whatnot. That's about it.

I wish the newer movies took the good things from the prequels and incorporated them into a new, original story that actually took risks. Say what you want about the prequels, but George didn't play it safe, he made a story that wasn't really what you expected from Star Wars, it was just so poorly done. The essential outline of the plot could have been so much better, with more politics and a more fleshed out clone wars with characters that you actually cared about instead of boring as fuck ones. Obi Wan is practically the only likable character in the entire prequel series, and that's not saying much.

Lots of Twi'lek slaves. George kind of stuck to the idea of it appeared as a trait in the OT, it applied to the entire race.

One Twi'lek was a slave dancer? Then they're all slave dancers. Sebulba had two twins, Jabba had a red one, Aayla Secura, and then some orange one at the opera.

The Clone Wars cartoon fleshes things out more and gets the characterizations correct, but I find it kind of dry overall. Despite the enormous budget, that feel of Star Wars locations being vibrant, old, and lived in is constantly missing.

>he made a story that wasn't really what you expected from Star Wars
Mostly because the details were baffling. The core of it is shit the original movies already implied, which is why we didn't need the prequels in general. We already knew plenty about Anakin.

The only thing I found surprising about the prequels is how overtly murderous and loony they made Anakin.

There is no need to defend anything, unless you believe that opinions of hypocritical autists like RLM have any weight. Neither there is a possibility to defend, because almost every single common complaint about the prequels boils down to "I'm no longer 10 years old, and it's not the exact same shit I've loved when I was 10 years old, therefore I'm going my damnedest to find flaws".

We knew hardly anything about Anakin from the original movies, only some sparse details and there was plenty left to flesh out about his character. George had so much to work with, but he's just not a very good writer and his characterization of Anakin really shows that. If George had relinquished just a little creative control to some outside writers, we probably would have had a much better prequel result.

Underage General?

Obi Wan is just a dry brit. I'm british and even I don't think he's some kind of kino character, even though I like him. Sheev is pretty neato. But Anakin has by far the most meat as a character. He is a metaphor for the whole trilogy - bold choices not perfectly executed.

A main character in a space opera that's a temperamental BPD psychopath? Kino. Goes on THREE killing sprees and talks about genocide? Kino Uses the force to make a woman fall in love with him (seriously there is a force theme sound effect that plays when jedi are doing magic that also plays in the "you are in my very soul" scene, and you can see the instense staring that he does at Padme)? Kino! And the scene where he freaks out while interrogating Zam Wessel? Or tunes out Obi Wan's complaining and jumps from the speeder into Coruscant traffic? Or the fucking Sand People scene?

These movies are great, and Anakin Bates Skywalker went a huge way towards making them what they were.

Awesome spaceships

>OP's pic related
>Obi Wan's comfy jedi starfighter
>that silver Naboo politician starship (J-type something)
>that larger silver J-type diplomatic ship
>Jedi interceptor
>SPACE HINDS

also, prequel memes are the only ones that can rival baneposting

I'm not saying there wasn't room for expansion, but I don't think we needed them. The story tells us all we need to know about Anakin through Luke. Luke just made a different decision than Anakin did. Luke's arc is a surrogate for Anakin's, with Anakin/Vader himself being an overt symbol of Luke's moral and spiritual quandary.

So did Jabba tap that or what? Why else keep her around? Would it be considered taboo or did he just not give a shit?

This.

Objective prequels ranking
Attack of the clones > the phantom menace > Revenge of the sith
episode 3 is just too sad for me I hate dark side anakin plus padme and mace windu dying and the fight between obi wan and anakin shit just breaks my heart man

He fed her to his rancor without a second thought, he's probably gone through hundreds of sexy slaves over his long life. What's banal to him would be exciting for us.

>Duel of the Fates
>The fan edit of the podrace with the goofy shit removed that makes it like Ben-Hur
>New and interesting worldbuilding
>Some pretty good space fights

>no replies to this post
Proof that this thread is filled with underage redditors.