It really wasn’t that bad

it really wasn’t that bad

It was fine, it wasn't great but it's worth at least one watch for the cool cityscape visuals. More visually interesting than BR 2049 desu.

it really was that bad

it's like you hesitate to say it's good

2 FOOTLONGS FOR $10, THAT'S ONLY $5 EACH!

THANK YOU, INCREDIBLE MATH

Good movie, had fun to watch. I love cyberpunk and there are not a lot of movies with that setting.

i really don't like jews

dont forget uncle tom takes a cut

Better than blade runner 2049. But still hugely disappointing for a GITS movie

Imagine being the Puppet Master in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Motoko Kusanagi, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your flabby body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally merge my consciousness with you, both my ghost and the real me." when all he really wants to do is hack another loli sexbot in the red light district. Like seriously imagine having to be the Puppet Master and not only sit in that chair while Kusanagi flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that stance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, KUSANAGI LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been hacking nothing but a healthy diet of foreign diplomats and politicians and later Section 9 staff for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Section 6. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and merge with her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the Minister of Foreign Affairs calls for another hacking, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the cyberpolice could shut you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're the fucking Puppet Master. You're not going to lose your future ghost over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

where do you live?

>I love cyberpunk

>i dislike the genre he likes so he must be a brainlet

Spotted the brainlet.

>>i dislike the genre
when did I say that?

yeah right and it was already forgotten.
And by the way what's the obsession with seeing things in films in live action? My theory it's that it's easier for brainlets to escape as live action film is the most realistic medium.

>league of redditors
>posts brainlet and likes cybertrash
jesus christ

it was mediocre and uninspired. something with similar themes that blows it away is blade runner 2049

downvote

This has to be bait

yeah but it wasn't much good either

>tfw the guy who plays batou managed to get them to release the soundtrack even though paramount scrapped the digital release

It was essentially the og movie done in live action with a few tweaks... I prefer the og over the live action

I have to say, at least they didn't fuck it up as bad as they did with the Sam Jackson live action Kite film. Kite anime was kino, the film was just shit

>I came into this movie not knowing anything about it, besides the fact that it was an adaption. I avoided trailers, news, and even the IMDb page, which is usually my bible and helps me decide on what movies I see. I was absolutely blow away. The look, the story, the acting, all spectacular. I enjoyed every second. I felt every emotion. I was amazed by every visual. I walked out of the cinema in awe. Then, I checked the IMDb page and was absolutely shocked to see it had a score of 6.9.

it was alright not great but def not horrendous. I feel like maybe if the title was different it could have done better weebs didnt want it and the normies didnt care for it. but as far as a scifi flick goes def worth the watch.

It was a really good looking and decent movie,people who hated probably didnt even watched it due to the main character

This, it was a decent watch and preferable to wasting time on yet another capeshit flick. Wish I'd ignored the reviews and gone to see it when was in theatres.

Plot wise it was a mess. Scar Jo didn't do Major for me, and not because she is white (honestly Motoko should be white). Batou and Aramaki were perfectly cast though. The rest of Section 9 got zero development period, even Togusa

Yes, it wasn't that bad, but it looks awful next to the god tier anime

Anime fans are elitist pricks that ruin everything. Death Note 2017 was good too

More like "I love cyberpunk so therefore anything remotely fitting that mould bypasses my critical thinking skills and I deem enjoyable".

I like cyberpunk, and GiTS2017 was pure trash, and only cyberpunk in a very shallow "look at all this neon" kind of way - all the interesting stuff from the manga and anime got kicked to the curb. Only good scene was when Kitano took out those would-be assassins in the parking lot.

>Death Note 2017 was good too
FOH

Maybe in a "so bad it's enjoyable" kind of way. I liked the visuals and soundtrack, but those things alone don't make a good film.

I enjoyed it more than BR2049, that's for sure.

>Wish I'd ignored the reviews and gone to see it when was in theatres.

Still trust journalists after GamerGate? Huge mistake.

but user, I hate even the anime version of Death Note. It's overrated as fuck. O MY MAGIC BOOK THAT KILLS ANYONE WHO'S NAME I WRITE IN IT AND THINK ABOUT.

A half an hour in and I turned it off
Thought I was going to come back and finish it

It's been a month

Not a anime fun, but I have seen it. The movie was ok, but the iconic scenes were butchered ie the spider tank and the roof chase. In general a big waste of potential

I saw it in the theater. I fell asleep after twenty minutes and woke up to the credits

as far as anime adaptations go, yeah it wasn't

It wasn't that good either. Just very bland direction ,bad action scenes and miscasted actors

They turned it into a female Robocop. With a better script it could have been good!!!FACT!!!

It was okay..