Is there any film females understand less?

Is there any film females understand less?

all of them as they have inferior brains

T. /r9k/ kisseless virgin

I have never met a women that understands the genius and masterful artistry of Apocalypse Now.

genuinely one of my gf's favourite films

Apocalypse Now has a shitty ending that heralded the beginning of nu-Coppola.

I personally loved the ending.
Kurtz was dying a slow, shitty death, and he needed someone to take his place. Willard had the opportunity, and ny killing Kurtz, he became the new "God" of the Cambodian fighters (or whatever they were) and had the tools to take the war to its roper, savage level that was necessary to win, but instead Willard chose to give up fighting and put down his weapon, ultimately putting down violence in total and turning off the radio on the boat, not calling in the airstrike.

my grandmammy loves this movie

predator
the thing
rio bravo
the treasure of the sierra madre
barry lyndon

>literally has a scene with a woman saying she doesn't understand

newfag here, somebody explain me this meme

Never seen it, Senpai. Would you recommend giving it a watch or are you just memeing?

I don't see why Sup Forums clinged on to Master & Commander so hard as the quintessential women don't understand film meme, pretty sure most of them would enjoy it just because "omg Russel Crowe so handsome omgg"
Pic related is the best possible choice for that subject.

The Grey

It's pure kino and I'm not memeing. It's an infinitely less dull Barry Lyndon.

The problem was that Marlon Brando did nothing to embody a rogue soldier whatsoever. He just showed up on set with the body of a whale, and read some lines. Apocalypse Now has a lot of pageantry and some great visuals, but it just builds up to nothing that seems true or valuable. For fuck's sake, Marlon Brando, the alleged mass murdering Kurtz, is whining about the hypocrisy of soldiers not being able to say 'fuck' but being able to kill when he dies, which is the kind of insight I'd expect from a middle class stand up comedian, and certainly not from a cold, mad killer.

The Godfather perfectly captured the psyche of hardened men. Apocalypse Now felt like hippies were trying to play soldier and failing hard.

Ummmm...sexist much!?

My sister rec'd me Das Boot.

> Marlon Brando did nothing to embody a rogue soldier whatsoever. He just showed up on set with the body of a whale
Couldn't agree more, and the director was fucking livid he was so fat. A man like Kurtz should have been chiseled and hardened by combat and nature. His awful appearance really broke the immersion of the story. However, we should be thankful for it, because Coppola specifically made those beautiful cinematographic shots of Kurtz enveloped in darkness in order to try and hide his fat body.
pic related.
>and read some lines
Gonna have to disagree famalam, Brando actually monologued for hours on end with nearly all of it being ad-libbed and it was merely edited later.
>Marlon Brando, the alleged mass murdering Kurtz, is whining about the hypocrisy of soldiers not being able to say 'fuck' but being able to kill when he dies, which is the kind of insight I'd expect from a middle class stand up comedian, and certainly not from a cold, mad killer.
Only part I had a problem with as far as the script/dialogue goes. He should have been complaining about how he does what is necessary and efficient yet gets charged with murder while other people massacre entire villages of innocent farmers and get off scott free or something along those lines, it would have fit his character better.

hahaha

I read the synopsis while waiting for your response, it seemed like it would have been a good movie. Napoleon era films have always gotten my interest, perhaps I could recommend to you "The Count of MonteCristo",