Toonami Ratings for 3/25/17

One Piece is now cancelled. One Piece discussion belongs on Sup Forums.

This week is April Fools, meaning the Adult Swim April Fools prank happens on MIDNIGHT April 1st. Be sure to have AS on Friday night if you are interested, because the prank will not be during Toonami. They may do something small since Toonami does start on April Fools, but the main prank still falls in AS hours.

There will be a dub premiere panel at Anime Boston for Jojo Part 3 on March 31st. This may or may not come with news about its status on Toonami.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release 2018.

This week we started Tokyo Ghoul and had a bit of a schedule shuffle to go with it. To start, Jack continues to do great, gaining a small amount from last week, and again being the highest rated non sport program of the day. Tokyo Ghoul had kind of an eh start, but followed the trend of the night fairly well. Unicorn, despite being moved a full hour later, actually did significantly better than it usually does. Naruto did much better than OP at 2:30, but GitS didn't find any new viewers.

11:00 Samurai Jack 1352 0.66 852
11:30 Dragon Ball Super 1066 0.51 652
12:00a Sand Whale and Me 1018 0.51 661
12:05a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 1074 0.54 694
12:30a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure 938 0.51 650
1:00a Tokyo Ghoul (p) 879 0.44 570

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 805 0.41 526
2:00a Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 720 0.38 487
2:30a Naruto: Shippuden 643 0.32 407
3:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 499 0.24 302

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/suzuki_D_minoru/status/796726733193953280
programminginsider.com/ratings/final-nationals/saturday-final-nationals-cbs-dominates-night-ncaa-elite-eight-doubleheader/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Weekly reminder that One Piece is the best selling mega WORLDWIDE.

Family Guy doesn't do that well at 10pm

8:00 Dragon Ball Super 0.49 821 0.34 442
8:30 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.42 730 0.27 351
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.50 848 0.36 462
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.48 785 0.34 435

10:00 Family Guy (r) 0.66 1094 0.47 603
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.79 1273 0.60 773

And Kemono Friends is one of the top selling Anime this season.

Ergo Kemono Friends on Toonami when?

Numbers are finally picking up. Let's see if this continues into this week.

Comedy reruns did pretty bad

3:30a Bob’s Burgers (r) 428 0.20 263
4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 453 0.22 287
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 487 0.25 317

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 529 0.26 337
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 491 0.25 316

Best

Reminder to report and ignore obvious bait

>11:30 Dragon Ball Super 1066 0.51 652
>12:05a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 1074 0.54 694

I knew that it was a bad idea to squish a rerun between two premieres.

To bad this is AMERICA!

>Tokyo Ghoul (p) 879 0.44 570
Yeah that seems about right.
Predicting half that once they get into Root A.

Pretty good week, actually. Even JoJo broke 900k which is cool since Joseph vs Whammu is an awesome fight. Sand Whale and Me didn't have a massive drop either like episode 1.

I'd just like to ask if Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 is indicative of the rest of the series, because if it is, this may be the most hilariously edgy garbage I've ever seen, and I watched both SAO seasons and AGK on Toonami.

>this weeks Jack

Pretty sure meri a is the second highest market for one piece.

The real problem is that the toonami show is so far behind acutual viewers.

>implying that isn't great

TG needed to do two things, do better than OP, and do better than Gundam since it took its slot. It did both by wide margins

The edge hasn't even started. Strap in

Last time I checked, America was part of the world.

>One Piece discussion belongs on Sup Forums
>9001 Samurai Jack threads are a better alternative, obviously.

International actually.

>two mediocre nights in a row
>then two great nights in a row
>THEN another two mediocre nights in a row(despite a new hyped up premiere)
>now we we have a good night, with shows pushed back still doing good

What the fuck is even going on anymore.

>do better than OP

Any show airing at 1 is going to beat any show airing at 2:30. If that's the best Ghoul can do then it's fucked.

Premiere weeks are never a measure of a show's long-term success; they're always higher than average. The real test for Tokyo Tryhard will be next week.

So Anime Boston is holding a Jojo panel on Saturday. They're apparently going to be some announcments, as well as a showing of the first episode of Part 3's offcial dub.
Coupled with Richard Epcar's recent tweet, it's safe to assume Season 1 of Part 3 is complete, and may be heading to Toonami soon.
That said, will they air it shortly after Part 2 ends, or let it take a break and let a new shortrunner step in for a while?

The way Part 2 ends might create a bit of interest, since it directly teases Part 3.

>One Piece is now cancelled. One Piece discussion belongs on Sup Forums.

I wonder what One Piece did to trigger ratingsfag so hard. Every week he seems to get more and more butthurt about its existence.

Soon to be the best selling comic as well.

Because OP is over on Toonami.

And honestly, if you care about OP that much, you'd do yourself a favor and catch up with the rest of the fans.

Samurai Jack is Sup Forums you fucking mongoloid

It's probably going to go right in. If they hadn't dropped OP I would have said it was going into a break though

I'm pretty sure the reason OP did so poorly on Toonami is exactly that: most fans have moved past this point in the series, and if new viewers don't want to wait a week to see the next episode it's really easy to find eps online.

Before they cancelled OP I was hoping they'd wait to air it so we can get something new on the block, but now OP is gone and we have a new free slot so they can go straight into part 3 no worries.

Because people are treating this threads as a Sup Forums One Piece thread. That was fine last week when it still had numbers on the board, but it's fully gone now. Take it to the Sup Forums general where it belongs.

move over Samurai Meme, looks like the new block killer is Dragon Ball Sandwhale

OP was ratings cancer, now that it's gone everything is slowly recovering.

No, it's pretty much people being irrationally butthurt over OP that triggered that response. People like this guy

>Because OP is over on Toonami.

Toonami threads have always allowed discussion of cancelled/ended Toonami shows. We can't have a week go by without a Kill La Kill image dump so don't pretend this is some kind of new rule.

Toonami viewership in general is way down, Kai is barely scraping a million for over a month now. TG did pretty good in comparison to everything else. People are acting like Kai still pulls over 1.5mil each week and then comparing that to TG

OH SHIT A KILL LA KILL IMAGE BUT THAT SHOW'S NOT ON TOONAMI WE CAN'T ALLOW THIS HERE, QUICK CALL THE POLICE THEY'RE BREAKING THE RULES OH NO

You act like we don't all hate that guy anyways. It's not like he will stop. At least he only eats up one post though

Why would a show at doesn't come on until 2:30 affect the ratings of shows before it?

The only other show the 2:30 show would affect is the 3:00 show. And GitS actually had its lowest ratings ever this week with Naruto as the lead-in.

>4kids ruined One Piece's chance of ever being popular in the west
>Toonami puts it in a death slot
Being One Piece is suffering

No motivation to watch the shows that come on later makes people less likely to sit through earlier shows. Notice that both 2am and 2:30 are way up from previous weeks

>Jack continues to do great
>0.66
1.0 means 1 million, right? So 660,000 people were watching this episode. That's better than anything else on Toonami that night, sure, but those shows are all licensed, not produced in-house. Samurai Jack is obviously more expensive, so I don't know if these are good numbers.

I really want this to do well enough to get Genndy another show.

They put it in the death slots after a year or so in a better slot where it did terrible too. Don't act like it started at 2:30

>3:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 499 0.24 302
Wait, the 1995 movie?

No, 1.3 million watched Jack. Out of that, 660k of them were in the target demographic of 18-49. 0.66 is really good for Toonami

So far these are all the posts people are using to complain about One Piece. Not counting OP's "look at me I think I'm a mod now, I demand you only talk about shows I like" part in his own post.

No one was going to talk about One Piece here but if you're going to start dictating to people what they're allowed to talk about, they're going to get pissed off and pushing back.Toonami threads have always included shows that aren't on the block anymore. Dandy gets posted here all the time and I've never seen you fucks complain.

Yeah you're grasping at straws. Both 2 and 2:30 are different shows that used to be airing earlier, so people following those shows stayed up to keep watching them.

OP definitely had shitty ratings but the idea that it magically ruined every other show on the block is bullshit. By that logic GitS is the REAL Toonami-killer since its ratings are even lower than OP's were.

This, Samurai Jack has done ridiculously well on Toonami considering the constraints and who it's trying to appeal to.

>ignores the first fucking post of the thread that is an OPFag bait post

Simply epic

You're right, OP's problems didn't start with the crappy timeslot. The 4Kids dub really did ruin it for TV broadcast. It began airing right at the peak of the anime boom in the US, but it missed out on building a fandom because of the garbage dub.

Compare that to Naruto, which had a great dub at the same time, and aired almost completely uncut. So of course it did better, and ended up becoming CN's highest-rated show for a year or two.

So now ten years later, Naruto has a huge nostalgia advantage over OP. Which means plenty of people are willing to overlook the trainwreck plot or the endless filler because 'MEMBER NARUTO? I LOOOVED NARUTO! 'MEMBER SASUKE? I 'MEMBER!

Dandy can do no wrong.

on one hand I'm sad to see OP go, on the other hand I'm glad it got cut before it got to the part where Toei's kikery reached critical mass

>One Piece is the most popular comic worldwide
>America is the only country with taste so shit it doesn't like it

Fucking America.

Nami a best

America does like it, though. The DVD's are some of Funimation's best-selling titles, it's Crunchyroll's second most-watched show, and the manga sells really well (Viz keeps all 81 current volumes in print at all times, which is a huge investment. You don't do that for a failing series.)

Toonami is the only place OP wasn't doing well, probably because it's so far behind all the other mediums.

Why is One Piece so popular with pro wrestlers?

>hype up the Aku daughters for months before the series drops
>all of them get BTFO by episode 3

Ok then

Because Luffy's kinda in the same boat as them I guess.
Doesn't really use anything but his own arms and legs.

These are the guys who don't actually care about anime and probably don't even pay attention to the shows when Toonami is on.

There's a crowd of posters here who just want to shitpost and cry about the ratings. Not really here for the shows themselves. Why else would they be glad to have garbage like Tokyo Ghoul?

Man I wish brook got more badass moments.
His english VA is one of the few good ones too.

Because that garbage will fuck off in 6 months and we might get something better.

I fucking love One Piece. Fuck the Tokyo Edge Program.

But....we had an opportunity to get something cool when One Piece was dropped.

We got Tokyo Ghoul. Not off to a good start.

Suzuki-gun: The Animated Series on Toonami WHEN?

PREDICTION TIME BOYS
whats gonna happen for april fools? i kind of expect something rick and morty related

The art style also helped. One Piece looks goofy, Naruto looks MATURE and EDGY.

Well a lot of wrestlers in Japan like it simply because it's popular in Japan.

ACH's gimmick is that he's a weeb pretty much, so he does the Luffy getup and the SUPER taunt. He teamed with a guy in Japan for a bit named Taiji Ishimori, and the basis of their team was that they were both OP fans.

twitter.com/suzuki_D_minoru/status/796726733193953280
>MiSu will never be your cool MMA/Wrestler dad that all your friends' dads are scared of and reads manga/watches anime with you

I'd rather laugh at Tokyo Ghoul being edgy than sit through the horribly-paced One Piece anime that is objectively worse than the manga since it's animated by Toei so 95% of the time it's not even worth it to see it in motion.

Are you trying to shit on the One Piece manga? Because i will fight you.

Same thing Cartoon Network's doing.
Teen Titans Go! Marathon with every other show playing muted in the corner, just like ATHF;MFFT

No, I'm saying that the anime completely ruins the manga's pacing, and that Toei doing the animation means that the manga is just as good if not better to look at visually.

The franchise is good, but the anime is not. The movies I've heard are better because they aren't adaptions and don't have pacing issues and have bigger budgets but I haven't seen any.

toonami is dead, just compare this week's ratings to a year ago

programminginsider.com/ratings/final-nationals/saturday-final-nationals-cbs-dominates-night-ncaa-elite-eight-doubleheader/

12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai 1473 0.70 888
12:30a Dimension W 1250 0.59 751
1:00a Parasyte: The Maxim 1155 0.55 702
1:30a Samurai Champloo 1089 0.50 640
2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 994 0.47 598
2:30a One Piece 884 0.41 525
3:00a Kill La Kill (r) 809 0.37 475

It won't be dead until it does worse ratings than Saturday Night [as] blocks did before the relaunch.

Thank the fags who voted for TG on Twitter and the FotM fags who voted for Meme Psycho over Lupin.

>1.25 for Dimension W

How did it do so good?

Oh man, we missed out on Blue Jacket due to a vote?

Hmm I wonder

oh no...

The vote wasn't binding, Mob was obviously in first by a long shot, but Lupin and TG were closer. But memers here went and voted for Mob anyway and TG got second and Lupin got third. There was another option I can't remember.

Regardless, Demarco obviously went with the one that got a better response so here we are with TG

It was edgy.

Honestly this, I thought it was terrible but this robutt was cute so I kept watching

>fill block with long runners
>basically the same schedule from last June
>W-WHY ARE VIEWERS FALLING OFF MORE AND MORE?
>finally have the sense to eject a long runner
>replace it with garbage

We warned about this happening and no one listened. At least we got Jack before it all came tumbling down

at the time that was considered poor

but is partially correct as the robutt got my attention

>7 more weeks of jack then we have to worry about ratings again

The real thing to be concerned with is how well Jack is doing, and how absolutely none of that success is bleeding into the rest of the night. It's gonna get real bad when Jack finishes and that silver lining is gone.

this won't die until FLCL. after that is the time to worry

FLCL was happening already without Toonami. AS can just play on their normal schedule if they need to

>that was considered poor

Except it wasn't. At worst it was considered mediocre

>be in stream during Jack
>5-6k people
>Jack ends
>plummets to

The other option was just a generic "Other".

but jack (and super) is doing horribly

compared to family guy reruns a year ago

11:00 Family Guy (r) 1913 0.87
11:30 Family Guy (r) 2096 1.01

You sound like that user who said Jack would be a flop if it didn't pull in Spongebob numbers. Nothing on Adult Swim comes close to Family Guy reruns.

>he says as Jack outdid Family Guy this week

That's exactly what I said. Jack is doing great, therefore at least part of the rest of the block should also do great. But things go in the gutter the second Jack ends

Is there anything AS can do for April Fools that would be worse than last year?

then why the hell should [as] bother with anything else?

it's no doing remotely close and it's a detriment to the rest of the block

they need to give the 11PM hour back to normal [as], move super to midnight, and move buu kai to the rerun block slot and we'll get close to what we used to have hopefully

>ACH's gimmick is that he's a weeb

It's not a gimmick. It's his real life.

>put Kai in the rerun slot instead of Super which actually is a rerun

Retard alert

So just how wrong is Bege's plan to assassinate Mama going to go?

How exactly is he going to counter the motherfucker who can see into the future?

Most wrestlers will tell you the best gimmick you can do is yourself turned up to 11. For ACH, that's being a weeb.

Honestly I'm glad he's getting pushed all over the indies ever since ROH let him go. He even got to play at anime character on the NJPW Wrestle Kingdom show.

Did the Aku daughters age rapidly or are in they actually adults?